Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

McInnes to stay with the Dons

Big Fat Sam comes even more expensive than DM does  :rofl: :rofl:

When he resigned in early summer Palace agreed to him going as long as he did not take another club job anywhere for the remaining 2 years of his contract. Not sure if it is a bonus payment for keeping them up but he is collecting 2 million over the period of the 2 years for sitting at home scratching his arse. However if he takes a club job anywhere in this period then he has to pay Palace 2 million compo.....

Sevco it isn't then...

• Replies 673
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My hun mate is hoping for Mike Ashley to sell his stake in the Toon and invest in Rangurs. Apparently Ashley wants European football and this could be a platform for getting a business foothold abroad. I reckon that could be contrived thinking, particularly post Brexit. Most huns want big fat corroupt Sam.

No way do you have mates!

Oh mind you..a hun.

Carry on

Sevco it isn't then...

In the mind of the hun, they are the people. They don’t live by normal rules. The EBT thing was something they were entitled to do. HMRC can go fuck themselves. Money is never an object because they are a big club, housing tens of thousands of like-minded knuckledraggers. So Allardyce is who they want. What they want and what they get can be two different things of course but it’s interesting how the integrity of the man is something that they don’t consider. They’re not overlooking his corroupt bung nature. It just doesn’t compute as an issue for them. He would be a perfect personality fit for this horrible club. Unfortunately he would be effective would be my guess.

I don't think the huns would really want him as manager, this is based on his record against Celtic, not just taking the results into account, but our painfully abject performances against them and us supposedly being their closest challengers.

I honestly don't think McInnes would cope with the pressure which would come with the Hun job, or any other big job for that matter.

Going to go against the general consensus on here by the look of things, but I actually think he will go, IF they actually approach him and comp is agreed.

There are a few little reasons though in where I think he would stay, and they are the likes of Stevie May & Joe Lewis joining because of him, along with a couple of other players obviously. Also the stadium go ahead would have a huge pull as well. Add to that the Zombie bastard's well documented off field drama's.

On the other hand though, if we are all being honest with ourselves, making us the 2nd best team in Scotland is about the most he can realistically do considering the finances available to him, and those finances won't change any time soon, and whether they actually have it or not, the Zombie's will use available money as a lure to him. He does have a slight affiliation with them, but never striked as me as the stereotypical buffoon that usually comes out of there ( John Brown, Terry Butcher etc... ) There's also facilities in place there that could prove a swing for him, much bigger wage budget, much bigger fan base and all that shite that goes with it.

If it's going to happen, it'll happen this coming week. 

And given Celtic's resources making sevco 2nd best is Scotland is all he can realistically achieve there also. However given the resources available, sustaining Aberdeen in 2nd is a greater achievement than getting sevco there where the fans would demand they then overtake Celtic. If it didnt happen by the end of his 2nd full season there (which it wouldnt without mahoosive investment of funds) he would find himself bulleted and reputation tarnished.

His ambition to manage West Brom has never been hidden. I think he will reject any sevconian offer ( I presume sevco are already aware of the release fee.....amazed they can afford this)

The compo is only the start.  I don't think the weegia can comprehend the money McInnes is on, in particular to secure his last contract.  And, unless he is a hun nutter, which I suspect he is not, he will want to see a humungous budget available otherwise he will take two seasons to confirm second place at best and that means he'll be sacked.

It's a win win for me.  I like him, I hope he stays, but if he goes we get the funds to play the market.

As with most things time will tell.

I still stand by my prediction Rocket.

Much as I see and despair of Derek's limitations, I hope you're right and I'm wrong.

It's just not good losing anyone to them. However capable or otherwise they might be.

They would be 2nd in the league if he goes. AFC would be fighting for 3rd.

There's very little management talent for us to pull from.

I just can't stand mediocrity. In anything. There's no excuse for it.

His ambition to manage West Brom has never been hidden. I think he will reject any sevconian offer ( I presume sevco are already aware of the release fee.....amazed they can afford this)

I’d love to see him at West Brom one day. It’s inevitable he’ll leave Pittodrie some time soon and I’d rather it was anywhere rather that Ibrox. EPL clubs are obsessed with foreign managers. He may not get a chance at The Hawthorns.

I’d love to see him at West Brom one day. It’s inevitable he’ll leave Pittodrie some time soon and I’d rather it was anywhere rather that Ibrox. EPL clubs are obsessed with foreign managers. He may not get a chance at The Hawthorns.

A couple of days ago I was asked how many English managers have won the EPL. I didn’t know and I couldn’t think of one. The answer is zero. Howard Wilkinson at Leeds was the last Englishman to win Division 1.

The Rangers have no chance for YEARS to challenge Celtic for the title. Even if the huns won both cups every year, their fans would still be not happy. Whoever takes the job is taking a poisoned chalice.

I’m not so sure. Celtic aren’t invincible. As Kilmarnock showed yesterday and as Dundee and Hibs have shown recently.

I’m dying to find out why Rodgers is despised by certain ex players at Liverpool, famous and hugely successful ex players who didn’t actually play for him. Something went on behind the scenes. I can’t warm to Brenda. His smugness offends. I would love to see him under pressure.

Even we with a team full of journeymen have had chances to compete with them. Even this season we’ve picked up more points than Celtic in all the other matches, the same old story of the head-to-heads being the downfall. McInnes isn’t a winner. He’s not clever enough tactically and he can’t inspire sufficiently when it matters.

If Rangurs recruit a good manager, they can challenge for the title. They’re so poisoned though that they keep on getting it wrong. They know fuck all about football if they go for McInnes.

A couple of days ago I was asked how many English managers have won the EPL. I didn’t know and I couldn’t think of one. The answer is zero. Howard Wilkinson at Leeds was the last Englishman to win Division 1.

Great statistic.

Season 91/92 if Wikipedia is to be believed.

Since the money grabbing Joke league was created the winning managers have been as follows

1992/93 - Scottish

1993/94 - Scottish

1994/95 - Scottish

1995/96 - Scottish

1996/97 - Scottish

1997/98 - French

1998/99 - Scottish

1999/00 - Scottish

2000/01 - Scottish

2001/02 - French

2002/03 - Scottish

2003/04 - French