Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

McInnes to stay with the Dons

I'm still "in love with my team" as much as I was first time we set eyes on them but after 26 years as a fan I'm literally BORED OUT OF MY SKULL watching us play the same teams three sometimes four or five times a season.  These last four years and the eleven European ties we've had have kept me sane if nothing else. 

Sounds fucking painful.  :o

• Replies 673
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I read somewhere that the huns had been told it'd take £1.5M before they'd be allowed to talk to him, so they're likely taking time to craft an obnoxious and entitled statement about not being held to ransom, in order to try and mask the fact that they don't have any money.

Looks like they haven't even rustled up the readies to pay Pedro his dues yet :laughing:

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/rangers-havent-agreed-pay-pedro-11439189

I read somewhere that the huns had been told it'd take £1.5M before they'd be allowed to talk to him, so they're likely taking time to craft an obnoxious and entitled statement about not being held to ransom, in order to try and mask the fact that they don't have any money.

Where's the "like" button when you need it?

It means either he's thinking about it or waiting to be asked.

Neither of which is good.

I doubt it's either - it's far more likely both McInnes and the club are refusing to get drawn into the artificial hysteria being whipped up by the tabloids to sell papers, and are just ignoring the Sevco circus.

Despite the press insisting on describing him as a "candidate" rather than a name on a Sevco fan wishlist, there is zero indication that McInnes has applied for the position, or that Sevco have even approached the club.

Even the £1.5M figure being bandied about is utterly baseless - the press are just parroting social media speculation by fans for lack of anything real to report. Same goes for the countless pseudo-analytical pieces about whether its the "right time" for him, talk of "stepping up" and other groundless fluff to appease Sevco readerships by pretending its a situation they have any control over.

At the moment it's all just a miasma of cringeworthy tabloid sycophancy adding up to a great big shitepile of nothing.

This whole idea is BORSHT!

Milne would be out of his mind to allow the BEST manager in Scotland to leave for our most HATED enemy!  :haterangers:

That said, I am still scratching my head over Ryan Jack going to the Huns but the team have thrived in his absence.  :penalty:

Management style of letting any asset go to a rival that can directly impact your progress is tantamount to shooting oneself in the foot!  :hammer: :hammer:

Guest kiriakovisthenewstrachan

This whole idea is BORSHT!

Milne would be out of his mind to allow the BEST manager in Scotland to leave for our most HATED enemy!  :haterangers:

Aye, you're spot on Drewsome boy.....but if the man really wants to go he will.  Much though we all hate them, there is no point having a manager at Pittodrie that wants to be elsewhere.

I do hate McInnes' quotes to the press though about "I don't like commenting on speculation because it's never come to anything before".  Makes it sound like he wants it to come to something.  Could he not just have said I have no comment to make on it, Rangers is none of my business?

or better still.............I'm not interested!

Not exactly true Kiriakovetc.....unless sevco agree the release fee whatever it may be McInnes is going nowhere...

No doubt the sevconians will try to get him on the cheap, offer instalments etc but as long as Wiggy holds firm insisting on full payment of the full amount I'm certain DM is going nowhere.

Absolutely no one who has been involved with Aberdeen in the past 25 years can be unaware of how hated they would become if they left us to join sevco (or in the past their dead predecessors)

In the eighties a few players left us and joined oldco, either directly or via an intermediate move. E.g. Dougie Bell or Neale Cooper. Whilst oldco were despised, these players were booed during their time at oldco but no real long term grudges were held. ( as mentioned by someone recently... Cooper's conduct in the infamous "Durrant" game cannot be underestimated either).

Everything changed when David Robertson (he was known as Davie when he was with us....) went to oldco in '91. Strangely enough Stephen Wright did get off somewhat lighter in making the same move a few years later but he hardly played for oldco due to a bad knee injury suffered soon after his move, maybe that's why (and he was also originally from the west coast anyway). But no one today can be under any illusion of the resentment moving to sevco from us would bring....

Btw for all you watching sevconians that post in sevco media.....that mutant retard King Kirk is telling all you gullible orcs that Deeek is a dead cert for your new manager. This was the walloper who provided everyone else in Scottish football who look in to your bigoted shitfest of a site with weeks of comedy gold by assuring everyone that Scott Allan was definitely signing for sevco, only to surface about 3 weeks later at your brothers in bigotry....

Everything that chunt predicts the polar opposite happens  :laughing: :laughing:

Please go back to your site and post my words where he will see them. Well obviously I mean have them read to him by his legal guardian as his posts suggest he is either pre school age and illiterate or sadly a bit retarded.

:wave: :wave:

Btw for all you watching Aberdonians that post in AFC webchatspeaksites.....that mutant retard rocket_scientist is telling all you gullible sheepshaggers that Deeek is a dead cert for RFC new manager.

Everything that chunt predicts the polar opposite happens  :laughing: :laughing:

I must say that I'm a bit amazed that there's been no news on the hun cunt front. In his defence, the walloper rocket may have been guilty of expressing the worst case scenario as a guard against it actually happening? Although fuck knows what goes on his heid. I've been his legal guardian for forty odd years and I've nae idea.

Stand free.

Colin.

Hate to say it but.....

The Rangers job is a huge appeal. Bigger salary, more budget, better stadium, huge upgrade for training facilities, world wide reputation etc. Whether they are sevco or not they are a huge worldwide club, one of the top two in this country. They have money and can afford DM, where that comes from I've no clue but they are paying off the last two managers and just spend a shit load in the summer on players, finances aren't an issue. Will they go bust again, maybe, but that wouldn't stop anyone going to Rangers now. The ibrox job has a huge upside and any ambitious manager sees that.

DM has done everything he can at Aberdeen. We missed our chance on a league win a couple of years ago and second place will be more and more of a challenge. On our day we can beat anyone but we can still lose to anyone and this will not change. Our playing budget is extremely limited and that will not change. We have no training facilities and are struggling big time with a new stadium, and progress there is proving very difficult.

Like it or not Rangers are a huge appeal, plus add that he's an ex player and I think was a Rangers fan growing up. Big decision if they come sniffing, he goes if offered the job i think.

Hate to say it but.....

The Rangers job is a huge appeal. Bigger salary, more budget, better stadium, huge upgrade for training facilities, world wide reputation etc. Whether they are sevco or not they are a huge worldwide club, one of the top two in this country. They have money and can afford DM, where that comes from I've no clue but they are paying off the last two managers and just spend a shit load in the summer on players, finances aren't an issue. Will they go bust again, maybe, but that wouldn't stop anyone going to Rangers now. The ibrox job has a huge upside and any ambitious manager sees that.

DM has done everything he can at Aberdeen. We missed our chance on a league win a couple of years ago and second place will be more and more of a challenge. On our day we can beat anyone but we can still lose to anyone and this will not change. Our playing budget is extremely limited and that will not change. We have no training facilities and are struggling big time with a new stadium, and progress there is proving very difficult.

Like it or not Rangers are a huge appeal, plus add that he's an ex player and I think was a Rangers fan growing up. Big decision if they come sniffing, he goes if offered the job i think.

Cheers for that, that’s cheered me right up!  :frown::laughing: