Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Scott McKenna

But if he doesn't do it before Thursday, there's a danger he could remain in Scotland for the next 6 months. I'm assuming this coincides with the English window, which suggests it won't be the Tim he's targetting (or is targetting him). He's between a rock and a hard place like as he ideally needs to move before Rijeka (for himself), and he's not in control of when the bids are being made. It's a quandary like, as we need him on the plane and he needs to be in the UK to discuss terms and do medicals and such like. We'll just have to take him and keep him up to date with offers. Not great preparation, but I'm sure McInnes can handle it.

If Ajer did go to Leicester City, then I would imagine the Dhims would indeed come back in with an improved offer for McKenna, but I agree with the sentiment that seems to be he wants to go to England.

When is the player registration for the Rijeka game? This could be an interesting 48 hours coming up.

My son is a St Johnstone fanatic. According to him (similarly to McKenna) the fans feel he hasn't really progressed as much as they expected in the second half of last season. I'd be amazed if we had to pay more than £600k for him, although as we are likely to do with McKenna, they'd probably insist on a fairly hefty percentage of any future sell-on fee

Just never really noticed the lad, but then again, I have only ever seen him when we've played them, and they always give us a difficult game.

Devlin being made of glass, Considine getting on a bit, Hoban potentially returning and being made of glass, Taylor being Taylor ( Not as bad as made out, but still not good enough to be our 1st choice ) .....if McKenna goes, we really must bring in another 2 CB's in my opinion, and at least one of them should be Left Footed.

Jack Hendry on a season loan from Celtic, or even until January, giving us time to find a replacement? Efe Ambrose if he still hasn't got a club, on a years contract? Either of those with a Left Footer coming in is doable.

I canna be arsed reading through the last days posts. So no idea what’s been said.

Has to be the agent trying to drive an actual bid.

Now the over rated Leicester lad is at Man U there will be a bid incoming from them.

Should have kept his mouth shut as now Leicester will think they can bid cheep, despite selling an inferior player for £80 million. 

First of all, i think Scott will be gone, in the next day ot 2 & wont be on the flight to Croatia, that itself leaves us right up shitcreek.

I've got this horrible feeling that Timmy are involved , & they would only be offering £3m ish + possibly Hendry.

Would rather he went down South fo 4/5 m, tbh i dont think we will get near our £10m target, also if we do go for a St.J player for example, they will know exactly how much we will have got for Scott & bump up the price accordingly.

Timing really couldn't be worse :mad:

First of all, i think Scott will be gone, in the next day ot 2 & wont be on the flight to Croatia, that itself leaves us right up shitcreek.

I've got this horrible feeling that Timmy are involved , & they would only be offering £3m ish + possibly Hendry.

Would rather he went down South fo 4/5 m, tbh i dont think we will get near our £10m target, also if we do go for a St.J player for example, they will know exactly how much we will have got for Scott & bump up the price accordingly.

Timing really couldn't be worse :mad:

If McIness accepted that and signed Hendry as part of the deal, that would be worthy of a sacking imo.  An absolute abomination of a footballer.

Timing is horrific, really couldn't have been timed worse.  If he goes, I hope it's down south.  Personally, I don't think he's made the steps I had hoped he would when he broke through a couple of seasons back, but that's by the by.  We need to get as much cash as possible, ideally after the Rijeka ties.

Just when we think things are going well and we're developing a team.  Little wonder DM is furious.

Just never really noticed the lad, but then again, I have only ever seen him when we've played them, and they always give us a difficult game.

Devlin being made of glass, Considine getting on a bit, Hoban potentially returning and being made of glass, Taylor being Taylor ( Not as bad as made out, but still not good enough to be our 1st choice ) .....if McKenna goes, we really must bring in another 2 CB's in my opinion, and at least one of them should be Left Footed.

Jack Hendry on a season loan from Celtic, or even until January, giving us time to find a replacement? Efe Ambrose if he still hasn't got a club, on a years contract? Either of those with a Left Footer coming in is doable.

Fucking hell that's enough to make me greet. I will not watch Effe Ambrose in the red of The Famous. And aye Gash is every bit as bad as is made out and worse. And apparently he's made of glass too. Out for 6 weeks after failing miserably trying to bin someone.  ::)

Fucking hell  :rofl:

Ambrose has dodgy moments, granted, but he'd still be a good addition to fill a gap that needs filling, costing only wages. An International defender that has over 50 caps, is relatively quick, pretty physical and reads the game well, I suppose it's easy to read into the errors, but I'd welcome him, and it would seem I am alone in doing so  :rofl:

Ambrose wouldn't be the worst shout IF we didn't already have a central defender that only plays 50% of the time. But we do. Actually Devlin and Ambrose I think would be a pretty effective pairing but chances are when one was fit the other would be on the treatment table and vice versa.

It just looks at the moment that this move from McKenna and his agent has done nothing more than make them look a bit daft.

The Dons are not backing down and there isn't any teams, that we know of, banging on the door with the cash needed to buy him.

Aberdeen have never said that he isnt going anywhere full stop, they have always said that if their valuation of him is met then he can leave. If McKenna didn't agree with that stance then he shouldn't have signed a new long term deal earlier this year.

You would have thought he would have put a release clause in the new contract he signed.

I'd be amazed if he hadn't. All we know for sure is that if there is a release clause.....it's higher than QPR's second offer (guessing it was £3.25milion). McKenna's new agent whoever he is will definitely know about it if there is. He's trying his luck hoping we would cave in knowing we had an unsettled player on our hands. And obviously if we sold for less than his contracted release clause figure....it might get McKenna a higher signing on fee. Which in turn nets the agent a bigger payment.

Going to be very interesting tomorrow to see if McKenna is on the flight to Croatia. With what has happened, will his head be in the right place to play a vital match? Of course with Taylor definitely out and Devlin doubtful at best.....we may have no option. I'd love to know what the rest of the squad make of what's happened too. Mcinnes supposedly furious.

I'd be amazed if he hadn't. All we know for sure is that if there is a release clause.....it's higher than QPR's second offer (guessing it was £3.25milion). McKenna's new agent whoever he is will definitely know about it if there is. He's trying his luck hoping we would cave in knowing we had an unsettled player on our hands. And obviously if we sold for less than his contracted release clause figure....it might get McKenna a higher signing on fee. Which in turn nets the agent a bigger payment.

Going to be very interesting tomorrow to see if McKenna is on the flight to Croatia. With what has happened, will his head be in the right place to play a vital match? Of course with Taylor definitely out and Devlin doubtful at best.....we may have no option. I'd love to know what the rest of the squad make of what's happened too. Mcinnes supposedly furious.

Not exactly reliable, I know, but Sky Sports News have said he'll be with the squad tomorrow, commenting that McInnes has rejected his Request.