Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Scott McKenna

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Ok ok questionable source I know (Daily Mail)

reporting that Sean Dyche @ Burnley is a long time admirer of McKenna and is lining up a January move for him.

Whilst I think it it is highly unlikely that McKenna would see much game time initially, I'm sure the wages would ease the pain for him of not playing. Alternatively he might just go down there and take his game to another level which could only benefit the national team.

Ok ok questionable source I know (Daily Mail)

reporting that Sean Dyche @ Burnley is a long time admirer of McKenna and is lining up a January move for him.

Whilst I think it it is highly unlikely that McKenna would see much game time initially, I'm sure the wages would ease the pain for him of not playing. Alternatively he might just go down there and take his game to another level which could only benefit the national team.

It sounds like the ideal sort of move for him IMO and I have no doubt that once he gets his head down he can become an important member of their squad. Money plz.

I said just after we played Burnley that McKenna would do well in that side. They currently have Ben Mee playing on the left side of their central defence. At just 6ft, he's a relative midget in central defensive terms down south and not particularly quick that would perhaps compensate for his lack of physicality. Now 30 as well. Would he supplant McKenna from the Scotland team? I really don't think so. I reckon McKenna would take his place down there within 6-8 weeks of joining up.

As Tyrant says......let's see your money Burnley

I said just after we played Burnley that McKenna would do well in that side. They currently have Ben Mee playing on the left side of their central defence. At just 6ft, he's a relative midget in central defensive terms down south and not particularly quick that would perhaps compensate for his lack of physicality. Now 30 as well. Would he supplant McKenna from the Scotland team? I really don't think so. I reckon McKenna would take his place down there within 6-8 weeks of joining up.

As Tyrant says......let's see your money Burnley

Agreed. The thing about McKenna is that he has the space to raise his game further. You can see it in some games for us when we go behind or he makes a mistake. He focuses and starts moving forward with the ball and seems to increase in confidence in games. If he has more of a challenge in games, he'll step up I reckon. Even in the hun game at home where he had an atrocious first half, he sorted himself out for the remainder of the game and started being more aggressive and more assertive. Assuming big money, I'd be happy with Taylor and Considine until summer. Campbell can cover for Leigh until he's fit, it'll do him some good. That sort of change won't be the difference between us finishing third or fourth. If we can get in some dough to put towards a pay off for Curtis Main, that'd be ideal.

• 1 year later...

I'd be surprised if he doesn't get a move soon he's got the physique and aggression to play higher and can raise his game when required. Whilst Hanley has clearly done well at a better side, McKenna is miles ahead of where he was at that age and is obviously just a better player. Saw some of his stats earlier in the season, maybe Christmas time, and he was in the top two or three defenders in the league (going by the stats they used, which may be a bag of shite of course). Some lower EPL team should take a punt on him as he'd be great value, with a lot of space for improvement. One thing I think would be an issue is if he goes somewhere and isn't starting. I don't think he'd be suited to being a bit part player and it could have a negative effect.

1 minute ago, RicoS321 said:

I'd be surprised if he doesn't get a move soon he's got the physique and aggression to play higher and can raise his game when required. Whilst Hanley has clearly done well at a better side, McKenna is miles ahead of where he was at that age and is obviously just a better player. Saw some of his stats earlier in the season, maybe Christmas time, and he was in the top two or three defenders in the league (going by the stats they used, which may be a bag of shite of course). Some lower EPL team should take a punt on him as he'd be great value, with a lot of space for improvement. One thing I think would be an issue is if he goes somewhere and isn't starting. I don't think he'd be suited to being a bit part player and it could have a negative effect.

I don’t really care if he moves & isn’t starting.

The main thing for the Dons is what we get as high a sell on fee as we can. 
It might take us closer to the fee we allegedly rejected from Aston Villa.

Was it 20%? 25% sell on? 

25% of the crazy prices they pay there could be about £2.5m-£3m for us