Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Scott McKenna

Where did the rumours surface? The hat? We do seem to the job of the weegie press quite well in unsettling our own team. He's a dons player under contract and he's a good professional so he'll do the business at Rijeka.

If an acceptable bid comes in then we take it (and immediately get him back on loan until January!) and move on. The ball is in our court.

This smells like Celtic.

Timing suggests not. There's 4 weeks to go in the Scottish transfer window and Ajer hasn't left (yet anyway). With Celtic playing in Romania on Wednesday, they'll be too busy preparing for that today and will be flying out tomorrow, and with us flying out Wednesday to Croatia, there just isn't any need for the rush.

This is definitely his agent's doing and it's to England that McKenna wants to go. I honestly didn't think he would put in a transfer request at this point, but money talks. I'm guessing he's on around £4k/week with us but a Championship club could treble that, maybe even quadruple it and not break sweat.

Whatever transpires.......both McKenna and his agent now come out looking like total cunts

McKenna can shove his request up his arse. He was happy to sign a long-term contract so unless we get a bid that meets our valuation, and a suitable replacement in, he can keep his trap shut.

Meh, who knows. The club could also be being dicks here, they've got form. The best thing is transparency in these situations and I expect both the club and the agent are incapable of such. They should be working together in the best interests of the loon and the long term best for him is to go for as much money as possible, because that not only increases his wage in the short term, but will ensure that future offers retain a high value too. "Handing in a transfer request" is overtly political as it's contractually meaningless. However, if the club have turned down offers without informing/involving the player - for example - then that too is under-handed. Either way, the club should be able to deal quickly and easily with this type of thing and ensure that the boy plays this week and perhaps next too. He'll know that it's in his best interests to keep playing to the best of his ability and I've nae doubt he'll do that.

Unless he's taking the huff because McInnes told him he was shite yesterday of course, which he should have, because he was.

I think its hard to draw a conclusion without knowing whats gone on behind the scenes. If McKenna has indicated he wants a transfer away privately before now then maybe he feels he needs to force the issue. If we have really had offers of £5 million+ with a decent sell on then we should sell him.

Is anybody hearing anything about potential replacements because I'm guessing we'll need at least two in if Scott goes right??

Nothing confirmed but Jason Kerr at St Johnstone and Stuart Findlay at Killie have been mentioned as possibles that might be within our budget. If McKenna were to leave, I think our preference would be for a left sided CH. Findlay I'm certain is naturally right sided, possibly Kerr too but Kerr certainly played on the left side alongside Shaughnessy on the right last season so maybe Kerr would be seen as the preferable option

Nothing confirmed but Jason Kerr at St Johnstone and Stuart Findlay at Killie have been mentioned as possibles that might be within our budget. If McKenna were to leave, I think our preference would be for a left sided CH. Findlay I'm certain is naturally right sided, possibly Kerr too but Kerr certainly played on the left side alongside Shaughnessy on the right last season so maybe Kerr would be seen as the preferable option

Sign them both!

Findlay wouldn't be able to play Europa League though, would he? I am fairly certain he'd be Ineligible.

Kerr is a decent shout, I've saw Michael Hector being mentioned too, that'd be my preferred choice if that could be done, not sure the cost involved there though.

Regarding McKenna, people pointing their finger at the agent, but he's a grown man, he was happy to sign a 5 year contract not too long ago, he's doing this himself, he wants out. We should accept around 5-6 Million, with some sort of percentage added on to his next sale, like we apparently have with Fraser, and move on. 

Meh, who knows. The club could also be being dicks here, they've got form. The best thing is transparency in these situations and I expect both the club and the agent are incapable of such. They should be working together in the best interests of the loon and the long term best for him is to go for as much money as possible, because that not only increases his wage in the short term, but will ensure that future offers retain a high value too. "Handing in a transfer request" is overtly political as it's contractually meaningless. However, if the club have turned down offers without informing/involving the player - for example - then that too is under-handed. Either way, the club should be able to deal quickly and easily with this type of thing and ensure that the boy plays this week and perhaps next too. He'll know that it's in his best interests to keep playing to the best of his ability and I've nae doubt he'll do that.

Unless he's taking the huff because McInnes told him he was shite yesterday of course, which he should have, because he was.

It would be odd if the club weren't keeping McKenna informed but certainly not impossible. Everyone - club, player and presumably agent - were content during the last two transfer windows so I can't really see why the club would start dicking him around now.

Kerr is a decent shout, I've saw Michael Hector being mentioned too, that'd be my preferred choice if that could be done, not sure the cost involved there though

Last I heard, Fulham were trying to get Hector onboard from Chelsea. Even if that were to fall through, just can't see it being a goer. He's bound to be on £20k/week minimum at Chelsea (even though in his 4 years there he's played ONE game for the club.....and that was a friendly).

Last I heard, Fulham were trying to get Hector onboard from Chelsea. Even if that were to fall through, just can't see it being a goer. He's bound to be on £20k/week minimum at Chelsea (even though in his 4 years there he's played ONE game for the club.....and that was a friendly).

Strikes me as similar to James Wilson maybe? Surely he was on more than we could normally afford, but having been here, he was obviously happy to try and re-establish himself somewhere on a permanent. I think Hector has been loaned out since he joined Chelsea, he knows what to expect here and perhaps that could entice him. I'd be delighted with it, but I appreciate there are many obstacles.

Out of interest, what do you think St Johnstone would hold out for regarding Kerr? I saw Wright saying clubs would need to break the bank to get him, but surely it'd be less than 1 Million? He's not really established himself exactly, has he? St Johnstone regressed considerably these last 2 seasons, he's played in a lot of those game during that time.

It would be odd if the club weren't keeping McKenna informed but certainly not impossible. Everyone - club, player and presumably agent - were content during the last two transfer windows so I can't really see why the club would start dicking him around now.

Aye, of course, but you could see the player saying the opposite: the club were content that he would leave given the right offer and be talking to him before bids were rejected or whatever. With a player wanting to leave I expect it wouldn't take much for him to feel he has been wronged. Given we don't know, I'd hope the fans would give him an easy ride in Croatia. One thing I think of is that we won't be getting near to what most AFC fans would consider acceptable. I think the rumours last season were inaccurate, and I reckon we'd be doing well to get £4M this summer.

But if he doesn't do it before Thursday, there's a danger he could remain in Scotland for the next 6 months. I'm assuming this coincides with the English window, which suggests it won't be the Tim he's targetting (or is targetting him). He's between a rock and a hard place like as he ideally needs to move before Rijeka (for himself), and he's not in control of when the bids are being made. It's a quandary like, as we need him on the plane and he needs to be in the UK to discuss terms and do medicals and such like. We'll just have to take him and keep him up to date with offers. Not great preparation, but I'm sure McInnes can handle it.

Strikes me as similar to James Wilson maybe? Surely he was on more than we could normally afford, but having been here, he was obviously happy to try and re-establish himself somewhere on a permanent. I think Hector has been loaned out since he joined Chelsea, he knows what to expect here and perhaps that could entice him. I'd be delighted with it, but I appreciate there are many obstacles.

Out of interest, what do you think St Johnstone would hold out for regarding Kerr? I saw Wright saying clubs would need to break the bank to get him, but surely it'd be less than 1 Million? He's not really established himself exactly, has he? St Johnstone regressed considerably these last 2 seasons, he's played in a lot of those game during that time.

My son is a St Johnstone fanatic. According to him (similarly to McKenna) the fans feel he hasn't really progressed as much as they expected in the second half of last season. I'd be amazed if we had to pay more than £600k for him, although as we are likely to do with McKenna, they'd probably insist on a fairly hefty percentage of any future sell-on fee

I’m certainly not fussed if McKenna leaves, just want to make sure we get a solid replacement. I don’t think McKenna has been great in recent months and dare I even say he’s over rated? Still good but 10 million good? I was excited for the Devlin-McKenna partnership but neither has been great the last year for different reasons, don’t think McKenna has kicked on the last twelve months.

Hector on loan until we get the right guy would work, but I’d assume appropriate funds would be made available plus we knew this was coming so I’d like to think DM is well up to speed on what replacement he wants. Ojo and Hedges are quality, maybe we find another gem.