Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Scotland squad

53 minutes ago, Jute said:

4 keepers and 11 defenders. 

Aye, I guess that just sums up where we are as a squad. I think Scott Wright (through gritted teeth) should be in there, because other than Christie, I don't see anyone else with that drop of shoulder and change of pace to create something out of nothing. Otherwise, I can't really think of anyone pushing for a place further forward (and the lad Jacob Brown is clearly pish). Our midfield is fairly sewn up too, so a token call up for Ferguson is just that.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, RicoS321 said:

Aye, I guess that just sums up where we are as a squad. I think Scott Wright (through gritted teeth) should be in there, because other than Christie, I don't see anyone else with that drop of shoulder and change of pace to create something out of nothing. Otherwise, I can't really think of anyone pushing for a place further forward (and the lad Jacob Brown is clearly pish). Our midfield is fairly sewn up too, so a token call up for Ferguson is just that.

I came here to post pretty much this. I've always tried to 5ake club specs off when it comes to the internationals and the wee rat hun bastard has been playing well.  I would have chucked him in, why the fuck do we need 4 goalies? 

• Like 1

If you asked me before the original date in March I would have said confident we would win this. Now not so much. Tierney injury and Paterson not being fully fit have maybe introduced a bit of doubt. Adams and Dykes were scoring regularly at start of the year but now neither has scored since end of February. 

Rank first half. It's a fucking awful time for a game, with the season finished, and we look way off the pace. The midfield three have been playing like a table football midfield, and they're just being walked through.

Christie for Dykes. Can't be any worse.

Edit: I'd have hickey off too. Right back on his wrong foot isn't better than O'Donnell has been.

Edited by RicoS321

1 hour ago, RicoS321 said:

Rank first half. It's a fucking awful time for a game, with the season finished, and we look way off the pace. The midfield three have been playing like a table football midfield, and they're just being walked through.

Christie for Dykes. Can't be any worse.

Edit: I'd have hickey off too. Right back on his wrong foot isn't better than O'Donnell has been.

Ramsey would have been better at right back than Hickey. Back 3 were brutal and McGinn had his worst game for Scotland. No surprise strikers who have not scored since February looked toothless. 

Didn't want to go Qatar any way. 

I thought Hickey did pretty well but Robertson looked like it was one game too many this season and needs a good rest.  Very uninspiring stuff from us last night overall, got the impression we massively under-estimated how good the Ukrainian's actually were.  I think we also got caught up too much in the politics of it all and were a bit too nice in our approach instead of hammering into them.  Clarke has been good so far but got a few things wrong last night.  Fully expect Ukraine to beat Wales on Sunday.  Wales are not in the same league as those guys last night.

12 minutes ago, wokinginashearerwonderland said:

I thought Hickey did pretty well but Robertson looked like it was one game too many this season and needs a good rest.  Very uninspiring stuff from us last night overall, got the impression we massively under-estimated how good the Ukrainian's actually were.  I think we also got caught up too much in the politics of it all and were a bit too nice in our approach instead of hammering into them.  Clarke has been good so far but got a few things wrong last night.  Fully expect Ukraine to beat Wales on Sunday.  Wales are not in the same league as those guys last night.

Hickey was okay in the second half. Agree about Robertson and McGinn and Gilmour were in the same boat, just way off the pace. Moving the game really cost us in the end. Fucking Russians ruining our best chances of qualifying. Ukraine were wank at the back and it wouldn't surprise me if Wales got a couple of goals against them. 

Hopefully that’s the last we see of Hanley. We should be cementing our long-term back 3 around Souttar, Hendry and McKenna.

I’d stick Hickey in midfield where he’s been playing quite a bit in the Serie A, at least until Gilmour does enough at club level to justify his place in the team. He’s getting nowhere near the Chelsea team and has just wasted a development year being pish at Norwich.

Hanley is our best centre back and is only 30. Would be madness to get rid of him when the alternatives are worse in my opinion.

For me, last night was on Clarke. The three at the back just didn't work, we had five players sitting too deep, two strikers standing up front, and the three in the middle getting overrun. Looked a bit better when we went to four at the back but we were 2-0 down at that point.