Wednesday 1 May 2024:  kick-off 7.05pm

Scottish Youth Cup Final - Aberdeen v Rangers

Live on the BBC Scotland channel

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Scotland squad

2 hours ago, RicoS321 said:

Fucking VAR has to go, it's fucking awful. Never a pen for Scotland, but because the ref gave it, we don't get the subsequent corner and it's a drop ball. Ref makes a mistake, Scotland punished. Fucking anti football pish. 

That was my rant at the time. VAR needs punted ASAP.

8 hours ago, Jute said:

Going to upset Al here and say Porteous was excellent tonight. 

Great team performance tonight.

Special mention to Gordon. Some amazing saves again tonight. He can never retire. 

I'll be man enough to agree he did.

Concentrated on playing the game and cut out all the silly stuff he regularly does at club level.

A capable back up is how I would describe him on the basis of last night.

Noticeable that we really do have some strength in depth amongst the squad at the moment.

Let's enjoy the moment 

1 hour ago, BigAl said:

Noticeable that we really do have some strength in depth amongst the squad at the moment.

Let's enjoy the moment 

I was thinking the same thing last night BigAl.  Says a lot when our third choice left back is the Celtic first choice left back.

I think Hickey may have jumped ahead of Patterson in the right back queue after the last couple of games.  Ramsay has a real task on his hands to get anywhere near that Scotland team.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, wokinginashearerwonderland said:

I was thinking the same thing last night BigAl.  Says a lot when our third choice left back is the Celtic first choice left back.

I think Hickey may have jumped ahead of Patterson in the right back queue after the last couple of games.  Ramsay has a real task on his hands to get anywhere near that Scotland team.

I was discussing the Patterson v Hickey scenario elsewhere last night after the game. It's an interesting one as I feel they have different strengths and as such they may well share that position for many many years to come.

Patterson is better going forward but Hickey better positional and defensive, so there will be occasions where one is better suited than the other.

Ramsay as you say will have a real struggle to get into that squad but I guess from his personal perspective his number one goal must be to get fit and work his way onto the Liverpool bench in the first instance

1 hour ago, wokinginashearerwonderland said:

Ramsey should just focus on Liverpool for the time being. He does well enough there caps will follow quickly. 

Agreed re hickey, the shirt is his now. 

Excellent end to the campaign.  I said when it was drawn it was winnable though I fully expected us to find a way to fuck that up.  Just think, it wasn't that long ago folks were calling for Clarkes head.  There will defo be interest in him but I can't help but feel he's not going to be interested.  The Scotland job really suits him 🤞

For me, Hickey is way better than Patterson. You could see it in the opening Ukraine game, I actually think it was a bit of a blessing that Patterson went off as we could definitely have lost a goal down that side. I've said it previously, Patterson reminds me of Hutton. Not a great footballer, but athletic and gives everything. Hickey can play football and is very aware of where he is on the pitch, hence a better defender. He'll play at a high level for a long time. Patterson not to be sniffed at of course and a fantastic backup to have. Hickey will move seamlessly to left back once Robertson retires and Ramsay moves into right back. Ramsay has the potential to be better than both if he fulfills it.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...