Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Scotland squad

29 minutes ago, OrlandoDon said:

Other than a home final I’d say that’s more or less the best we could have hoped for. If we win the semi, away to wales or Austria isn’t so scary. Saying this, i’m sure all 4 countries are happy with this grouping!

and yes, italy or Portugal won’t make the World Cup.

Wales record in Cardiff is pretty decent if memory serves.  Don't think they have lost there in a while.  

13 minutes ago, tlg1903 said:

Wales record in Cardiff is pretty decent if memory serves.  Don't think they have lost there in a while.  

Wales are still a solid team, not doubting that, plus we have to travel and it will be some atmosphere. 
Fair to say their best two players are still Ramsey and Bale who both have a fair chance of getting injured and missing the game???

I hate trips to Wales. First trip was great until we heard about Jock Stien the others have seen us lose 3 times conceding 9 scoring 1. That said it is a decent draw. If someone could arrange for Bale to be playing golf that week it would be appreciated.

• 3 weeks later...
On 17/12/2021 at 04:55, tlg1903 said:

4 games in ten days.  I don't recall that ever happening before 🤔

About as good a draw as we could have hoped for I would say.  Defo winnable and none of those teams will be happy about drawing us on current form you would think 

Ooft, I didn’t catch that. 4 is 10 days is a killer, especially at the end of a long season when many of our players also had limited time off with the euros last summer and limited rest there too. I suppose it’s 4 in 10 for all teams in the group though? Will certainly stretch a squad and having the republic and Armenia as games 3 and 4 is better than seeing Ukraine depleted and tired.

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, tom_widdows said:

Wonder if there is the potential for Scotland and Poland to get byes to the playoff finals in a few weeks time?

Poland might not be around by then either. Vlad wants the old Russian empire which includes Poland as well as Ukraine. 

• 2 weeks later...

U21 squad for games against Turkey and Kazakhstan.

Scotland Under-21s Squad
Elliot Anderson Bristol Rovers (on loan from Newcastle Utd)
Harrison Ashby West Ham Utd
Scott Banks* Crystal Palace
Connor Barron* Aberdeen
Jack Burroughs Ross County (on loan from Coventry City)
Josh Campbell Hibernian
Tom Clayton Liverpool
Josh Doig Hibernian
Lewis Fiorini Lincoln City (on loan from Manchester City)
Ross Graham* Dundee Utd
Jay Henderson* St Mirren
Scott High Huddersfield Town
Nicky Hogarth* Nottingham Forest
Marc Leonard* Brighton
Lewis Mayo* Partick Thistle (on loan from Rangers)
Glenn Middleton St Johnstone (on loan from Rangers)
Calvin Ramsey* Aberdeen
Zak Rudden* Dundee
Cieran Slicker Manchester City
Connor Smith* Queen's Park (on loan from Heart of Midlothian)
Stephen Welsh Celtic
Ben Williamson Raith Rovers (on loan from Rangers)
*Denotes Scottish FA JD Performance School participant

Thought Anderson might get a run to replace Nisbet to see if he can step up. Agree with comments on Armstrong. He has looked decent in recent games despite Southampton being poor as a team. Patterson should not be in squad on back of 45 minutes first team action since he joined Everton. 

Anyone else buy tickets today? I got mine no problem but seen elsewhere others have had real problems.