Wednesday 1 May 2024:  kick-off 7.05pm

Scottish Youth Cup Final - Aberdeen v Rangers

Live on the BBC Scotland channel

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Scotland squad

Wasn’t a classic by an stretch of the imagination. I stupidly decided to try and get the boys into watching it. Was a woeful first half so they didn’t watch much of the second with me. Second was definitely better and finally started to move the ball a bit better. Didn’t think we’d do it but cool as fuck penalty from christie in the end. Obviously if he’d missed he’d have been snake status. Was very worried we’d see the mongrel Gallagher on with the way injuries were going.

18 hours ago, Jute said:

Thought we got sucked into physical battle with Irish in first half. Too static with Dykes up front. Second half we moved ball better and as Al said scored a good team gothaal. Was amazing to here how close an Irish accent is to A Glasgow one. 

Agree with that a typical "British" game and we played into their hands.  Second half was much better though once we equalised we were far too gung-ho and that break-away so nearly cost us...reckon if the passer and receiver (don't remember either of their names) were the other way round they would have scored.

Hope Clarke plays basically the same formation on Wednesday and doesn't do a Smithy '91!

Edited by dons8321
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, dons8321 said:

Agree with that a typical "British" game and we played into their hands.  Second half was much better though once we equalised we were far too gung-ho and that break-away so nearly cost us...reckon if the passer and receiver (don't remember either of their names) were the other way round they would have scored.

Hope Clarke plays basically the same formation on Wednesday and doesn't do a Smithy '91!

Or a Levein 4-6-0…

1 hour ago, RicoS321 said:

Dykes and Adams both fall ill, paving the way for the return of Oliver Burke?

Whoa!

So out we have Robertson, Tierney, Cooper, McKenna, Hanley, Souttar, Patterson, McTominay, Dykes, Adams

Craig Levein's 4-6-0 might be an option after all although we might be struggling to find a back 4 at this rate.  

18 minutes ago, wokinginashearerwonderland said:

Whoa!

So out we have Robertson, Tierney, Cooper, McKenna, Hanley, Souttar, Patterson, McTominay, Dykes, Adams

Craig Levein's 4-6-0 might be an option after all although we might be struggling to find a back 4 at this rate.  

No, dykes and Adams are both travelling and Adams confirmed he had trained and is available. https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/62959155

58 minutes ago, Jute said:

Porteous starts so that’s us got a penalty at least. 

That cheating bastard should be no where near our national side and if we lose, as i expect we will this evening  I sincerely hope this toxic  cheating cunt is responsible.

Bring on the boos from those that have forgotten just how much this cunt has cheated our team in the last year.

10 minutes ago, BigAl said:

That cheating bastard should be no where near our national side and if we lose, as i expect we will this evening  I sincerely hope this toxic  cheating cunt is responsible.

Bring on the boos from those that have forgotten just how much this cunt has cheated our team in the last year.

I think he's a decent player. Gallagher cheated us far more.

Anywhere to watch this for those not premier enough (I take it, it's not possible to pay a one off?)?

5 minutes ago, RicoS321 said:

I think he's a decent player. Gallagher cheated us far more.

Anywhere to watch this for those not premier enough (I take it, it's not possible to pay a one off?)?

Will agree to disagree.

Porteous is an imposter as a professional footballer.

Gallacher might of cheated our club out of a wage nut he hasn't set out to cheat fellow professionals

7 minutes ago, RicoS321 said:

Fucking VAR has to go, it's fucking awful. Never a pen for Scotland, but because the ref gave it, we don't get the subsequent corner and it's a drop ball. Ref makes a mistake, Scotland punished. Fucking anti football pish. 

100% correct.

Fucking shocking