Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Scotland squad

Good half from Scotland, by far the better team. They should be down to ten. Total shocker of a challenge. The commentary team (and perhaps the ref) focusing on whether the other defender was getting back or not, but that's irrelevant. The challenge was reckless and out of control. He could have easily knocked the player out. It's weird that challenges of that body check nature are treated differently to a lunge with a foot, both are dangerous.

Playing well though, McTominay and McGregor looking great in that 2 (4-2-3-1, we should have guessed) and Christie's movement been very good. Adams doing well and especially that run at the end.

Some performance. Really battered them, and the result possibly flattered them. The 4-2-3-1 worked really well, that's the best I've seen McTominay for Scotland, and McGregor was excellent too. McGinn's airse just gets better every match. Fantastic to see Dykes getting a couple too, he deserves it. McKenna and Hendry didn't put a foot wrong all night either. Hickey was an improvement on Patterson, class. Great team performance.  

Excellent performance.  I would say easily the best 90 minutes a Clarke Scotland side has put in. The back 4 was a huge success and hendry and mckenna look a pairing of prospect.  Special mention for Hickey whom has surely made the shirt his own for the next game.  Has to be said though, Ukraine were hugely off the pace so we shouldn't get too carried away.  Ireland will be proper up for it on Saturday and we need to get in those cunts faces from the off.

Great performance especially in the second half. Applause was odd. Saw several applauding and booing at the same time. Most though either sat and didn’t clap or booed. Thought Adams work rate was excellent tonight without every really convincing me he was going to score. Agree with those saying challenge just before half time was a red clearly a deliberate blow to the head. Even in the NFL that’s illegal. McGinn is a big arsed god. Scored yet another great goal. Ryan Fraser put in two excellent crosses for Dykes to score. Only thing is where was this level of performance in play off. 

10 hours ago, Jute said:

Only thing is where was this level of performance in play off. 

Hate using the word luck but I think we were genuinely unlucky with how the play off panned out.  Our team was absolutely flying when that play off was meant to take place and by the time it did happen some players were out of form and some, Robertson, McGregor etc were just totally knackered from the amount of games they had played last season.  Also it was a funny atmosphere to play fitba in that night.

Last night was fantastic. Seems to be a really good spirit in the camp, they are all playing for each other and the manager.  If this had been a previous regime, Ryan Fraser would not have wanted to come back and secondly, the manager would not have taken him back.  His international career would have been over like so many before him who have taken the huff.

Once again, Stuart Armstrong, what a difference he makes.  Get him on that team sheet every time. 

I would also add, Ukraine were always going to be wanting it more than us in the summer.  More than anything else that was what beat us imo.    

I thought the Ukrainians looked utterly drained last night and I can't help but wonder how the continuing war is affecting them.  Most of them are still domestically based and will probably be living out of suitcases most of the time with the travel they are having to do to play games. 

Getting pretty excited for the Ireland game now, hope we fucking horse them. 

1 hour ago, manc_don said:

How the fuck can he be called up?! He’s been horseshit and that’s ignoring the shite display last season 

Other than our game, he's apparently been very good for St Mirren, who are doing well I suppose. I'm very much for players in our league getting called up if they're on form and Clarke has generally been quick to do so, so even though I was glad to see the back of him I think it's fair enough. Right centre back is a problem position for us it seems, hence likes of Kingsley at the diets not being called up first.

1 hour ago, BigAl said:

I would have thought  although maybe a little biased, that McCrorie would have been a decent shout given his versatility and potential to cover more that one position, albeit not at the same time 

That's more than a little biased.

1 hour ago, wokinginashearerwonderland said:

Far be it for me to question the tactical nous of Sir Stevie but why are we calling up a left back and a centre half to replace a right back and a midfielder?  Is the grand plan to combat the Irish right winger to play three left backs? 

There probably aren't any available right backs better than Ralston and he's not as good as Hickey is playing there. Doig is a very good player in my opinion and as good an opportunity as any to get him involved in the squad. Having to choose over having a third choice left or right back probably isn't a decision Clarke spends a huge amount of time on. 

1 hour ago, wokinginashearerwonderland said:

Far be it for me to question the tactical nous of Sir Stevie but why are we calling up a left back and a centre half to replace a right back and a midfielder?  Is the grand plan to combat the Irish right winger to play three left backs? 

That was why I was suggesting that McCrorie maybe wasn't the daftest shout 🤔

• Like 1