Wednesday 1 May 2024:  kick-off 7.05pm

Scottish Youth Cup Final - Aberdeen v Rangers

Live on the BBC Scotland channel

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Scotland squad

5 hours ago, OrlandoDon said:

What am I missing here? Why are we naming a squad to face Poland and wales/Austria when we aren’t playing Ukraine until June?? Wasn’t that when the game was moved to?? I get the friendly but why are we calling it a squad for the wales/Austria game?

Losers of the play off semi finals are to play friendly game on the final date. As Wales and Austria are still playing their semi final we are still playing the loser. 

7 hours ago, OrlandoDon said:

What am I missing here? Why are we naming a squad to face Poland and wales/Austria when we aren’t playing Ukraine until June?? Wasn’t that when the game was moved to?? I get the friendly but why are we calling it a squad for the wales/Austria game?

They'd already made up the stationary, the website would have had to have been updated and, furthermore, the blazers had already arranged their coke and strippers party in Vienna with Cardiff backup. It's not the sort of thing you can just cancel.

• 2 weeks later...

Thought Scotland played well in stages tonight and were unlucky not to have got another goal at least. Thought Ross Stewart might have got a run and agree with those questioning Hickey not starting. 

Big Polish support there tonight. Made plenty of noise. 

• 3 weeks later...