Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Scotland squad

1 hour ago, RicoS321 said:

I think we're primed for a slip up here. Dykes being out is massive, Christie to a lesser extent. We just haven't found a way to play yet that doesn't involve the combination of Dykes and Adams up front. Unless the new boy is good, I just don't see how we plug the gap. If they get a goal from nothing, we're pretty much screwed as I don't see us getting two. On the plus side, they're fairly shite. 

I can understand trepidation but I'm not so sure.  Quite fancy us to win by a few tomorrow 2bh, there's a growing mettle about this team and I rate Clarke.   

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, OrlandoDon said:

I’m going for 3-0. Adams, nisbet, and mcginn. Moldova are the worst team and the group, and while it was 1-0 at hampden, it could have been 10. We’ve fucked up to minnows in the past, I just don’t see it this time.

Well said big man!

4 hours ago, HaarDon said:

We will win I'm sure.

I think Nisbet will play and hopefully score.

Also reckon a header from a set piece will seal the deal.

Come on Scotland!

I'm not sure about pinning our hopes on Nisbet, but will be delighted to be proved wrong.

He is however on as poor a run of scoring as I can remember since he broke through in senior football. 

We struggled to score against Moldova at Hampden and cannot see it being any different. Not seen Jacobs enough to judge but 4 goals this season does not fill me with much optimism. Not sure who in the squad is going to unpick a packed defence. Have a feeling might be another 1-0 like the Faroes. Just wish I was hungover in Moldova this morning rather than heading to work.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, OrlandoDon said:

Moldova are the worst team and the group, and while it was 1-0 at hampden, it could have been 10. 

You must've been watching a different game to me, because I was there and it was like watching the Dons play against a bottom six team. Lots of possession and very little of anything else. Nisbet put in one of the worst performances I've seen in a Scotland top (and I was at the Iwelumo game), and I hope we don't let him near the starting eleven (or he plays and scores).

1 hour ago, RicoS321 said:

You must've been watching a different game to me, because I was there and it was like watching the Dons play against a bottom six team. Lots of possession and very little of anything else. Nisbet put in one of the worst performances I've seen in a Scotland top (and I was at the Iwelumo game), and I hope we don't let him near the starting eleven (or he plays and scores).

Agree about Nisbet, but I thought Moldova were genuinely rubbish. The reason the scoreline was only 1-0 was largely because of us wasting good opportunities, poor final balls and so on rather than anything Moldova did. They looked substantially worse than the Faroes to me and I think if we put in any kind of average performance we should win.

1 hour ago, sancho_panza said:

Agree about Nisbet, but I thought Moldova were genuinely rubbish. The reason the scoreline was only 1-0 was largely because of us wasting good opportunities, poor final balls and so on rather than anything Moldova did. They looked substantially worse than the Faroes to me and I think if we put in any kind of average performance we should win.

You could be right. I just thought we looked easy to play against and predictable. A lot of possession with little end product, where sitting in could easily get a 0-0 draw.

Vital goal, great finish and layoff. We've done okay, without being amazing. If we'd gone in 0-0, we'd be running low on options. Great save from Gordon of course. McGinn playing well, might be worth throwing on the new boy soon in place of Armstrong. We've got a lot of players not playing every week, so we'll need fitness - maybe O'Donnell on for Paterson after 70.

3 minutes ago, RicoS321 said:

Vital goal, great finish and layoff. We've done okay, without being amazing. If we'd gone in 0-0, we'd be running low on options. Great save from Gordon of course. McGinn playing well, might be worth throwing on the new boy soon in place of Armstrong. We've got a lot of players not playing every week, so we'll need fitness - maybe O'Donnell on for Paterson after 70.

I  found Armstrong particularly frustrating that half I have to say 

Great result and expected tbh.

Adams played well I must admit and deserved his goal.

Mcginn had some brilliant touches/passes (he gave the ball away badly on several occasions)

I'd have put Nisbet and Brown on at 70 mins.

Patterson was incredibly stupid for his 2nd booking and the penalty was just utter laziness and lack of focus. Really amateur stuff.

I don't think Moldova played that bad.

Austria came back well and showed their class.

I think Austria is a very decent team and Israel seem to score every game with quality players like Zahavi and other very skilful players.

To finish 2nd in that group is very respectable and the best we could have done.

It was extremely tough.

I'll be utterly amazed if we beat 2 more decent teams to get to the WC finals and no way can see that happen unfortunately.

It will be hard but a home game at hampden helps. Go with the best 11 against Denmark which will mean a booking or two and players missing the semi, which makes it harder. We can only hope…….never expected to win in Serbia, and never really expected to win in Austria. Plus I suppose I never expected a 0-0 against England. We could get fucked and face a team away like Portugal or Italy, or be at home to Norway or Romania, even wales. We just never know.