Jump to content

Scottish Premiership:

Aberdeen v Livingston

Stand Free!

Scotland squad


Nips_and_Tatties
 Share

Recommended Posts

14 minutes ago, Elgindon said:

That was unnecessarily annoying to watch. why pass to a team mate when you can batter it at him from 5 yards. Think if wed had a bit more belief,it would gave been the Austrians with the jitters

   Not saying this to downplay what weve done,but were a lot better than what we showed tonight.

 Onwards and upwards though,COYScotch

Exactly how I felt. Tried watching the game while looking after my 2 and 5 year old so really didn’t get to see the flow of the game. Delighted we won but I totally feel we are capable of more, say that every game now. Were pretty much full of premiership players, and some who are important to their teams. How often in the second half did we just gift the ball back, belting it long or dribble and lose it. We need to keep the ball, best form of defense. Plus I thought we could have scored a few, they looked like a team who gave up 5 last weekend. Don’t think we showed belief.
I wanted Clarke as manager but I just don’t rate the tactics. Hate being that guy who complains after a win in Austria, but on his tactics I still feel we are the team who will fuck up in one or more of our next three games.

listened to some of the David bates interview, said he joined the dons cos we play the right way. And I’d tend to agree, I think we are trying to play better football under glass. Would really like to see Clarke do the same, he has the players who do it at club level.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, OrlandoDon said:

Exactly how I felt. Tried watching the game while looking after my 2 and 5 year old so really didn’t get to see the flow of the game. Delighted we won but I totally feel we are capable of more, say that every game now. Were pretty much full of premiership players, and some who are important to their teams. How often in the second half did we just gift the ball back, belting it long or dribble and lose it. We need to keep the ball, best form of defense. Plus I thought we could have scored a few, they looked like a team who gave up 5 last weekend. Don’t think we showed belief.
I wanted Clarke as manager but I just don’t rate the tactics. Hate being that guy who complains after a win in Austria, but on his tactics I still feel we are the team who will fuck up in one or more of our next three games.

listened to some of the David bates interview, said he joined the dons cos we play the right way. And I’d tend to agree, I think we are trying to play better football under glass. Would really like to see Clarke do the same, he has the players who do it at club level.

Not sure its clarke,or it was just bad decision making by the players? Thought the intensity of our play may have been a factor in lack of composure.Hope they re-watch the game and spot the wrongs.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

How did the ref 5 yards away not see it was a penalty?

And how that Austrian wasn't sent off is stunning!!!.

Would he have missed the next game?

Dykes was so lucky the keeper didn't save the penalty which was a shocker tbh.

Great 3 points though and hopefully shut that Austrian manager up haha.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Adams was very selfish when he could have squared it to Christie for a great opportunity.

However, they all played excellent and did their job.

It's very positive again but hope they don't now fuck up against Israel or the lower ranked teams.

And we still have a mini league play off after that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, HaarDon said:

Adams was very selfish when he could have squared it to Christie for a great opportunity.

However, they all played excellent and did their job.

It's very positive again but hope they don't now fuck up against Israel or the lower ranked teams.

And we still have a mini league play off after that.

I don’t think he could play the pass, defenders were in the way and if he played it ahead of Christie the keeper gets it.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Squad announced for the U21 game against Denmark on 7th October. Fixture has been reversed. It was initially to be played in Denmark but will now be played at Tynecastle. 
 

Brian Kinnear West Ham United PS
Ross Sinclair St Johnstone 
Cieran Slicker Man City 

Harrison Ashby West Ham United 
Tom Clayton Liverpool 
Josh Doig Hibernian 
Aaron Hickey Bologna 
Lewis Mayo Partick Thistle PS *
Adam Montgomery Celtic PS
Calvin Ramsay Aberdeen PS
Stephen Welsh Celtic 

Scott Banks Crystal Palace PS
Jack Burroughs Ross County **
Lewis Fiorini Lincoln City ***
Scott High Huddersfield Town 
Stephen Kelly Rangers PS
Marc Leonard Brighton & Hove Albion PS
Ben Williamson Livingston *

Kai Kennedy Dunfermline Athletic PS *
Dapo Mebude AFC Wimbledon PS ****
Glenn Middleton St Johnstone *
James Scott Hibernian *****
Jack Stretton Derby County

PS – Denotes Scottish FA JD Performance School Participant

* On loan from Rangers
** On loan from Coventry City
*** On loan from Manchester City
**** On loan from Watford
***** On loan from Hull City

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Nathan Patterson, just checked on his stats for curiosity.

Season 19/20 - games played 2, total minutes 103

Season 20/21 - games played 14, total minutes 862

Season 21/22 - games played 3, total minutes 242

My maths calculates that at a total of 1,207 career minutes in the The Rangers team, equivalent to about 13.4 full games.

Calculate Figure It Out GIF by Originals

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, wokinginashearerwonderland said:

Nathan Patterson, just checked on his stats for curiosity.

Season 19/20 - games played 2, total minutes 103

Season 20/21 - games played 14, total minutes 862

Season 21/22 - games played 3, total minutes 242

My maths calculates that at a total of 1,207 career minutes in the The Rangers team, equivalent to about 13.4 full games.

Calculate Figure It Out GIF by Originals

 

 

I have no issues with Patterson being in the squad, just that he shouldn't be in the starting lineup. He's done his development in the u21s and there should be some sort of route from there to the first team squad for purposes of experience. If we were covered for right backs then I'd ditch him, but we're not, with probably Shaun Rooney as the only one who could feel a bit hard done by. What reeks though is that he'll likely start against the Faroes. In that situation, we'll be using the national team as a development ground for a player not good enough to play for his team, and not yet ready for club football. In reality, it's difficult for Clarke as there is no doubt Patterson will be a good player in time and we have few other options. I notice Gilmour wasn't playing for Norwich the other day either, so he'd be pressed on making one rule for one and so on, even though it's obvious that Gilmour is class.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

We all know that Patterson will be out of the Scotland squad as soon as the rat is back playing for the huns. What's confusing me is Ferguson's inclusion, now his form for his club has been about the poorest it's been. It's almost as if there's an old boys club, in Scottish Football's higher echelons, who look after their own. It's not as if he's picked as a token Aberdeen player so will be interesting to see what happens when there is no need to pick Patterson as the token hun. Will Lewis get dropped for the rat and Patterson dropped for Ramsay?

Edited by baggy89
Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, baggy89 said:

We all know that Patterson will be out of the Scotland squad as soon as the rat is back playing for the huns. What's confusing me is Ferguson's inclusion, now his form for his club has been about the poorest it's been. It's almost as if there's an old boys club, in Scottish Football's higher echelons, who look after their own. It's not as if he's picked as a token Aberdeen player so will be interesting to see what happens when there is no need to pick Patterson as the token hun. Will Lewis get dropped for the rat and Patterson dropped for Ramsay?

Ferguson is there because we're well covered, he'll definitely always turn up and he's an up and coming young player who's worked his way through the Scotland ranks. It's exactly the type of situation you'd like us to be in before calling up Patterson or Ramsay, safe in the knowledge that they won't be required and can be given a five minute cameo here and there without the occasion getting to them and preparing them for the future. In that regard, I think lack of form can be forgiven as often young players go through rough patches regardless of how good they are. You're right about the token Hun role though, but I don't think we'll see Patterson punted on jack's return, and Jack is deserving of a place.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I get that, the point I was really making was why wasn't he called up prior to the last two times when his form probably warranted it?

Why now after this summers pushing for a move to England and his fathers derogatory comments in the media?

You're probably correct that Patterson will continue to get called up, but if we're truly selecting on form and playing time Ramsay should be there ahead of him. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, baggy89 said:

I get that, the point I was really making was why wasn't he called up prior to the last two times when his form probably warranted it?

Why now after this summers pushing for a move to England and his fathers derogatory comments in the media?

You're probably correct that Patterson will continue to get called up, but if we're truly selecting on form and playing time Ramsay should be there ahead of him. 

I think Ramsey is the better prospect to be honest.  The only thing that Paterson has on him is he's slightly faster but Ramsey is better in all other departments both physical and mentally imo.  He's so composed. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ramsey has withdrawn from U21 squad as injured. Fingers crossed this is just Dons protecting him and not a long term injury as latter means Gurr…..

Hickey has also withdrawn. Shame as was looking forward to seeing how he was doing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Jute said:

Ramsey has withdrawn from U21 squad as injured. Fingers crossed this is just Dons protecting him and not a long term injury as latter means Gurr…..

Hickey has also withdrawn. Shame as was looking forward to seeing how he was doing.

How is your dons hiatus going , Jute?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

U16 squad for the victory shield tournament against Ireland, Northern Ireland and Wales between 17th and 22nd October named. Alfie Bavage is only Dons player named. 
 

Scotland Under-16s Squad

Alasdair Davidson Celtic 
Alexander Hutton Rangers  PS
Alfie Bavidge Aberdeen  PS
Bailey Rice Motherwell  PS
Cameron Sullivan Southampton 
Daniel Cummings Celtic 
Ewan Simpson Heart of Midlothian  PS
Gabriel Forsyth Hamilton Academical – PS
Jacob MacIntyre Hibernian  PS
Josh Dede Celtic 
Kerr Robertson Rangers 
Kyle Ure Celtic 
Lennon Miller Motherwell 
Max Ross Motherwell  PS
Mitchel Frame Celtic 
Murray Campbell St Mirren  PS
Rory MacLeod Dundee United  PS
Rory Mahady Celtic 
Rudi Allan Molotnikov Hibernian  PS 
Sam Kane Rangers

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...