Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Scotland squad

1 hour ago, HaarDon said:

Haha sorry last season's stats I meant.

He's still more capable than Christie (whom I like).

He'll come through for us. 😁

So you've taken Nisbet's stats from last season to compare to this season's stats for Christie (whilst deducting a goal from Christie just for good measure)? Seems reasonable.

Aye, that was atrocious. What fucking game was Clarke watching, and how often is he going to make the mistake of not making changes? Every fucking time. A complete fluke that we got away with it. Christie, Fraser, McTominay all gash and Dykes not much better until he scored. Dreadful performance. That striker role is going to be the doing of us, we're just not good enough in there and with Dykes out for Moldova because of that fucking awful ref, we're going to struggle. 

Special mention for the abomination that is var again tonight. Time to accept you got it wrong uefa, it's fucking awful. Ruins the game.

Nisbet on for the last 10 mins? Seriously?

We need to find a striker!!

This was the ideal game to play Nisbet.

Nobody expected us to win by a few goals but that sounded close.

I was sure the ref was going to disallow that goal.

Much needed 3 points but we have no chance of qualifying.

4 hours ago, RicoS321 said:

Aye, that was atrocious. What fucking game was Clarke watching, and how often is he going to make the mistake of not making changes? Every fucking time. A complete fluke that we got away with it. Christie, Fraser, McTominay all gash and Dykes not much better until he scored. Dreadful performance. That striker role is going to be the doing of us, we're just not good enough in there and with Dykes out for Moldova because of that fucking awful ref, we're going to struggle. 

Special mention for the abomination that is var again tonight. Time to accept you got it wrong uefa, it's fucking awful. Ruins the game.

Didn't it just win us the last 2 games?

😄

I thought the way Dykes pulled his hand away was pretty telling but fortunately they had blurry mobile phone quality video footage that made it impossible to overturn.

I agree VAR ruins the game though. Every time someone scores a goal now a little part of your brain is telling you to hold on a minute because there might be some borderline foul somewhere. It's completely undermined the biggest appeal of football which is the raw immediate reaction to a goal being scored. Prioritising technical accuracy over entertainment is just daft.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, HaarDon said:

Didn't it just win us the last 2 games?

😄

Nope. The ref awarded the goal last night, var decided to dick about for five minutes checking 800 replays for a "clear and obvious" error. After spending three minutes looking at an offside call also given.

Unless you mean the Austria game? That was a classic example of var not really working. Adams penalty was such a 50-50 call, you just didn't need a twat in a room overturning that decision. Similarly against Israel, if the ref is too shite to think Dykes' challenge was a foul then he shouldn't be reffing (I actually think that he gave the foul safe in the knowledge he could use var to check). 

Either way, slim has it correct. Although I'd say that you can never have subjective technical accuracy. It simply doesn't exist, and - ironically - if people had taken two minutes to think about it before implementing, that would have been clear and obvious.

Both goals were extremely contentious though and VAR confirmed they stood quite rightly so.

I'm all in favour of close calls being scrutinised especially with our luck in the last 6 decades.

Both times VAR was used for us they took a max of about 5 minutes.

I know I'd rather have a paltry 5 minutes of time out from around 187minutes and make sure of the 6 points.