Saturday 20th April 2024:  kick-off 12.30pm

Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Scotland squad

We must treat this as a final and a must win game.

Attack from the start and show our passion and intent.

Play like we did against England. Make it THAT important to the players.

Or we're fucked.

A draw isn't good enough and I feel Clarke will look at a draw as a great result unfortunately.

8 hours ago, HaarDon said:

We must treat this as a final and a must win game.

Attack from the start and show our passion and intent.

Play like we did against England. Make it THAT important to the players.

Or we're fucked.

A draw isn't good enough and I feel Clarke will look at a draw as a great result unfortunately.

Annoyingly, we've got the option of a draw tonight. The old Alex Smith conundrum. We've got to setup to win the game, getting the first goal. A draw just sets us up for glorious failure, a win gives us the confidence to do the same against Israel and keep everything in our own hands. 

There's a point in every single qualification where you need to stretch yourselves and get the difficult points and we've failed every time in the last two decades (discounting the nation's league...). This is the game for us. Clarke needs to be sure the players know that. I don't have faith in that unfortunately.

37 minutes ago, RicoS321 said:

Annoyingly, we've got the option of a draw tonight. The old Alex Smith conundrum. We've got to setup to win the game, getting the first goal. A draw just sets us up for glorious failure, a win gives us the confidence to do the same against Israel and keep everything in our own hands. 

There's a point in every single qualification where you need to stretch yourselves and get the difficult points and we've failed every time in the last two decades (discounting the nation's league...). This is the game for us. Clarke needs to be sure the players know that. I don't have faith in that unfortunately.

Listening to Clarke and Calum McGregor on SSN there both mentioned how important it is not to lose. Clarke also expects a back lash from Austria after the gubbing they took at weekend. Fully expect us to set up negatively. 

11 minutes ago, Jute said:

Listening to Clarke and Calum McGregor on SSN there both mentioned how important it is not to lose. Clarke also expects a back lash from Austria after the gubbing they took at weekend. Fully expect us to set up negatively. 

We will definitely be playing for a draw which is pathetic!

I fully expect Austria to score at least 2 goals.

We must score at least 2 imo before they do to give us any chance of beating them.

SCOTLAND: 'we can't afford to lose'

AUSTRIA: 'we must win.'

^^^^^^^^^That's the difference in approach.

3 hours ago, HaarDon said:

We will definitely be playing for a draw which is pathetic!

I fully expect Austria to score at least 2 goals.

We must score at least 2 imo before they do to give us any chance of beating them.

SCOTLAND: 'we can't afford to lose'

AUSTRIA: 'we must win.'

^^^^^^^^^That's the difference in approach.

Can’t stand that attitude. Today is must win, especially since we drew with them at home and they just got pumped by Israel.

5 minutes ago, LA-Don said:

Can’t stand that attitude. Today is must win, especially since we drew with them at home and they just got pumped by Israel.

To be fair, they're only responding to the pathetic questions of the media who spout the same old pish "is this a must win game Calum/Steve?". It's such an inane, idiot, question, I wish they would just tell them to ask something less childish. Or just say "mathematically not" or "every game we play is must win as we don't know what future matches hold in terms of injury or covid aids". But generally, just tell them to ram that type of shite up their bumcracks. The notion that what you day in the media surrounding an approach to a game has any bearing on what is said in the dressing room is ridiculous. Why in the world would anyone announce that? As supporters, we just have to wait and see the evidence on the park when the game kicks off. I don't expect a free flowing attacking performance with midfielders sacrificed for forwards, but I do expect a battle and a lot of pressure put onto them on the ball and a really high work rate.

25 minutes ago, Jute said:

VAR penalty has Scotland 1-0 up. Never a penalty. Fully expect ref to even this up at first opportunity. 

Could have just not given the pen. VAR is gash like. He probably felt sorry for Adams for booking him for nothing.

Great half though, fantastic energy from Scotland, the front two working so well together.

That was unnecessarily annoying to watch. why pass to a team mate when you can batter it at him from 5 yards. Think if wed had a bit more belief,it would gave been the Austrians with the jitters

Not saying this to downplay what weve done,but were a lot better than what we showed tonight.

Onwards and upwards though,COYScotch

Edited by Elgindon

Amazed at that result.

Not seen the highlights and how much luck was involved I'm very happy I was totally wrong.

Still only a penalty goal and we struggle for goals but I'll take that.

Was the Israel v Austria result a total fluke then?

Israel must beat us at Hampden which I'll be surprised at though expecting another tight game for that one.

Well done lads!