Sunday 12 May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Hibernian v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Nicky Maynard signs

So this happens on the day that it is revealed that we have had a bid for Moult rejected by Motherwell.

Begs the question is this because of the bid rejection or were we always after both of them ?

Could it be tha Maynard is a sto gap until we can get May or Moult on a pre contract come January window, hence only one year contract ?

Fit's yer thoughts guys  ???

So this happens on the day that it is revealed that we have had a bid for Moult rejected by Motherwell.

Begs the question is this because of the bid rejection or were we always after both of them ?

Could it be tha Maynard is a sto gap until we can get May or Moult on a pre contract come January window, hence only one year contract ?

Hate to say it but reeks a bit of a panic signing. 

actually just logged in to post the same thing. 1 year deal, Moult has 1 year left of his contract. Could be the case.

I doubt that it's a panic buy as I have every faith that for every target the management team has there's a plan B as well, so maybe not a panic, just not necessarily a first choice.

Mind you, as I think about it, how long would it take to contact a player via his agent, agree a package, get the medical done and get everything signed?

If Motherwell turned down the Moult offer yesterday then everything else happened affa quick.

I would certainly hope that if Moult offer was rejected that we would go back in with at least a couple of increased bids to get him on board. If we could get him in it would probably mean the end of Stockley and given his red card record that wouldn't be a badthing at all. Maynard himself probably means the end for Storey and this is even better news than possibly getting rid of Stockley. I reckon Alex Neill has told us he wants to assess May in action, if he doesn't like what he sees we should be able to pick him up for 100 -150k in January and Maynard could be offered a free at that point.

Sounds as if it's just getting someone in the door as competition for places if we don't get May or Moult. Moult will have multiple options should he hold on for another year (assuming he has another good season for Motherwell), so it would be crazy to attempt to hold out until next season. He'd probably end up signing for the hun on a free.

Welcome aboard Nicky Maynard though. You sound like another Church, fa wis pish, but it's a reasonably risk free replacement for Storey, in that no footballer in Europe could be worse at fitba.