Sunday 12 May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Hibernian v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Summer transfer window

Here is a snippet from Hayes interview

Asked about Celtic, he said: “We’ve obviously known about it for a while now.

–– ADVERTISEMENT ––

“There have been a few things developing with the club.

“It means you are doing something right if somebody else is taking a look.

“You can take it as a compliment. As far as I’m aware I am still an Aberdeen player.

“I enjoy it there and it’s an old cliche but we’ll wait and see what happens.

“I just wanted to finish the season with Aberdeen and I signed a new deal there in January.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't think we should even entertain the idea of a Christie loan being part of a Hayes deal. I'd rather take a straight 1.2 million and find someone else. Nothing against Ryan, I want him back, just not under those circumstances.

Id' asked for proof that there was such a thing, but I guess we've all assumed that was the truth given both teams had bid that figure.

Copies of all contracts should be with the league/association, so if Celtic were in doubt about the figure they should be able to get confirmation from them. 

Side letters should be lodged too, but some clubs have chosen not to do this in the past.....

TRANSFER NEWS

Sky sources- Celtic and Aberdeen remain in talks over the possible transfer of Jonny Hayes (1/3)

It was expected the deal would have been completed at the start of this week however a delay persists over Ryan Christie’s involvement (2/3)

Christie is set to join Aberdeen on a season-long loan but the terms are the stumbling block in Johnny Hayes' move Celtic (3/3).

>:D

Don't think we should even entertain the idea of a Christie loan being part of a Hayes deal. I'd rather take a straight 1.2 million and find someone else. Nothing against Ryan, I want him back, just not under those circumstances.

Me neither, whilst I enjoyed him being at the club on a short term loan I don't see the point of a season long deal when we have to disrupt our line up each time we play Celtic.

He either has ambitions to play regular first team football every week or he is content to sit on his arse keeping their bench warm!

Pretty sure that although contracts are lodged with SFA the details are kept confidential between player/club/SFA. If a leak occurred from the SFA theyd be open to massive litigation by the injured party.

Same applies to the player who is supposed to keep the fine details of the contract private.

However clubs find out release clause figures as a matter of routine. I suspect that players' agents are also meant to keep contract details confidential but they are shady figures at the best of times and only earn big money when their clients sign contracts with whoever so its in their interests to keep their client either moving on or signing new  improved contracts with their present club.

The worrying thing about all of this Hayes chase is to me it looks like Celtic are just stock piling players for the sake of it.

Fine money in bank but look what happened at United?

Jonny is a fine player, but is he gonna get a regular game? You really telling me Roberts £6m due to be signed from City will not be first choice.

Hayes has a young family and treble money comes in handy but I keep hearing footballers saying they "just want to play" well I'd argue with Hayes that he potentially ain't gonna get a game.  Christie, GMS also can't get a game for them and neither is Griffiths first choice.

Aberdeen isn't where the world ends but sorry Jonny your bette off in AB24 as at Celtic Park chances are you'll be a squad player at best.

He either has ambitions to play regular first team football every week or he is content to sit on his arse keeping their bench warm!

Not an expert but I think Christie should have known what the score was the moment he was loaned straight back to Caley Thistle.

I don't think Rodgers would have signed him and if the Tic are even considering punting him on loan again at 22 he should twig his Celtic days will be always be 2nd choice Injury cover, League/ Scottish cup early rounds, or end of season 'league is done so lets not risk the first teamers'.

Good player but if he is not careful come September 2019 he is in danger ending up in lower league football and never recovering.

Maybe he's on a fair bit of dough at the Tims and he's holding out for a better offer than whatever the dons can give (or are offering at the moment). He's got the whole summer to sort it out so he's right to hold out for the best he can get. I reckon they'll pay out his contract if he doesn't take a loan somewhere, and maybe his agent his telling him to hold out for that. He'd then have the freedom and options available as a free agent.

The worrying thing about all of this Hayes chase is to me it looks like Celtic are just stock piling players for the sake of it.

Fine money in bank but look what happened at United?

Jonny is a fine player, but is he gonna get a regular game? You really telling me Roberts £6m due to be signed from City will not be first choice.

Hayes has a young family and treble money comes in handy but I keep hearing footballers saying they "just want to play" well I'd argue with Hayes that he potentially ain't gonna get a game.  Christie, GMS also can't get a game for them and neither is Griffiths first choice.

Aberdeen isn't where the world ends but sorry Jonny your bette off in AB24 as at Celtic Park chances are you'll be a squad player at best.

At Jonny's stage in his career I'm afraid it is all about the money. He will sign a 3 year deal on at least twice and more likely nearer three times his Aberdeen wage. 3 years on 7k a week is over a million in wages over the length of the contract plus he will definitely earn decent bonuses on top probably earning him another half million on top plus a decent signing on fee....its life changing money and that alone is reason enough to sign for them.

add in on top he's a lifelong Celtic fan, he will play enough domestic football to net him a couple of championships and cups minimum (I think his third season may see him loaned out somewhere as they spend more and more on better players) and its a dead cert hes offski to Celtic no matter who else bids.

Cheers for the good times Jonny lad.

At Jonny's stage in his career I'm afraid it is all about the money. He will sign a 3 year deal on at least twice and more likely nearer three times his Aberdeen wage. 3 years on 7k a week is over a million in wages over the length of the contract plus he will definitely earn decent bonuses on top probably earning him another half million on top plus a decent signing on fee....its life changing money and that alone is reason enough to sign for them.

add in on top he's a lifelong Celtic fan, he will play enough domestic football to net him a couple of championships and cups minimum (I think his third season may see him loaned out somewhere as they spend more and more on better players) and its a dead cert hes offski to Celtic no matter who else bids.

Are u sure he is a Tim?  I worked we a bloke who is a neighbour, Balmeadie I think, and the two wives are very close due to having kids of the same age. Anyways, the guy is a dandy and says Jonny is a great guy, but has very little interest in football.

I understand all that - money on offer from Celtic being far better.  Of course, he has a wee lad so everyone plans for the future. 

But I keep hearing footballers say its about playing.  GMS doesnt get a game. Christie could not get a game for them.  Hayes will in all honesty not get a regular game for them especially if they blow £6m on Roberts.

Are you really trying to tell me he would choose to stay here earning perhaps 600k including bonuses over 3 years and perhaps picking up a cup medal because he would play every week in preference to earning 1.5million mibbe even more over the same period, picking up a couple of championship medals and a couple of cup medals on the way? As I've said before...he will play plenty even if it is mainly as a sub in his first couple of years there.

Even if he is loaned out or sold in his 3rd year he wouldn't lose out and could even cop a nice wee signing on fee on top of his guaranteed wages.

If you believe otherwise you are either thick, deluded or trolling....and I know which one I'd put my money on