Sunday 19th May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Ross County v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Summer transfer window

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you really trying to tell me he would choose to stay here earning perhaps 600k including bonuses over 3 years and perhaps picking up a cup medal because he would play every week in preference to earning 1.5million mibbe even more over the same period, picking up a couple of championship medals and a couple of cup medals on the way? As I've said before...he will play plenty even if it is mainly as a sub in his first couple of years there.

Even if he is loaned out or sold in his 3rd year he wouldn't lose out and could even cop a nice wee signing on fee on top of his guaranteed wages.

If you believe otherwise you are either thick, deluded or trolling....and I know which one I'd put my money on

Not really, I think Celtic are stockpiling players for a shot (delusion) at getting to last 16 of CL.  It ain't going to happen and they could win SPL with Stephen Fry in midfield.

I understand totally why Hayes would go to Celtic - money talks and AFC dont have it - fact of life they have 55k season books sold, but he ain't going to get a regular game for them neither will Christie.  I think Aberdeen and SPL is his level. 

Plenty of gossip surround Sam Nicholson.  Apparently we've offered him a contract, along with the huns.  think he's being tracked by Bristol City too and been offered a contract by some MLS team.

Can pretty much guess where he will end up if that's his choices then.  Not sure I would really want him anyway. Is he not a bit inconsistent ?

Can pretty much guess where he will end up if that's his choices then.  Not sure I would really want him anyway. Is he not a bit inconsistent ?

I thought that and I think that's a criticism a lot of farts fans level against him.  Apparently he's a massive hun, just to add further certainty to his final destination.

So who is that we are continually getting linked with ?  Devlin,Maloney,Stewart,Nicholson  some American dude (havnt heard anymore about that one) ? 

Should be interesting to see if we get any of them or just paper talk, just wish we would hurry & make some additions even if just to boost s.t sales (may add i dont have mine yet).

well Devlin is a no no seeing as he is out for months with what is his second cruciate injury aged 23. Nicholson...6 months ago I'dve been all for it but he's been a pile of poop since Xmas, rumoured to have a honkin attitude and would cost a 300k training fee like Paterson cost Cardiff.

Stewart not for me....think he was a one season wonder.

Maloney....just cant see him coming on our wage structure he would get twice our max in English League 1

Ask Deek....he was the one who said it. But I will throw in MK Dons for a start....

I'll also throw in Fleetwood Town. Remember when Elvis Costello signed for them a couple of yrs back stating we couldnt get close to matching the terms on offer down there....and they were in League 2 at the time...

Fola Esch of Luxemburg had players on more money that us.

McGinn and likes of him would be at Aberdeen if the money was on offer but it's not.  Oxford, MK Dons offer better money.  McGinn is not going to get a top club and I wouldnt be surprised if he ended up at Charlton. 

Portsmouth is averaging 17,000 every home game, Charlton Athletic are averaging 18k every week, Bradford getting 14k crowds and they charge more at the gate.

At Aberdeen, the players are on 2-year deals of between £1-£3k a week plus whatever win bonuses etc.  `It's a tight ship, close bean counting as it has to be or it all gets out of control.

Where that might change is if likes of Hayes etc go and big money comes in. 

At least all the gossip surrounding Hayes has went away for the last few days. I still believe there's nothing in it. Obviously at first I was weary, but I reckon they'll try for Roberts again and failing that, they'll go for someone else, a more household name if you will, as the Dhims seemed rather underwhelmed at the prospect of Hayes joining them.

Diego Costa says he might have to go on loan for 6 months before going back to Madrid so why not, ok he is not as skill full or dangerous as a young Darren Mackie but he must be worth a punt, plus Chelsea might agree to get their own back for him being a pain in the ass

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40268539

I see Colin Wanker is bumping his gums about the Dons not getting back to them quickly enough over their bid for Hayes. He doesn't say the amount but the article suggest £1.2m. More interestingly, for what it's worth, he claims we're holding out for cash plus two players from Celtic. Christie presumably one so who's the other? GMS? Henderson?