Wednesday 29th May 2024

Scottish League Cup Group Stage Draw - 1pm

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Summer transfer window

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

May never struck me as being similar to Rooney in any way at all. He's smaller, more mobile (at least prior to his injury anyway) and can run with the ball at feet whilst keeping close control so can play a wide role as well as being used centrally.

The big question is can he still do it after an horrific injury? At £250k he is probably worth a punt but I wouldnt like to be spunking any more than that to get him onboard. His wages will also be top end of our pay scale so I'd guess we need to punt Storey to make the budget work unless Cormack has persuaded Wiggy to increase the overall playing budget quite significantly.

May never struck me as being similar to Rooney in any way at all. He's smaller, more mobile (at least prior to his injury anyway) and can run with the ball at feet whilst keeping close control so can play a wide role as well as being used centrally.

I think he's marginally more mobile, and good at using his body like Rooney (not in the air, just body positioning and making it difficult for defenders). I thought he was terrible anytime I saw him out wide, very much like when we see Rooney played there as regularly occurs under McInnes. Always looked like a player playing out of position.

Allegedly getting announced tomorrow.

Seems a fair buzz about it but as I said, we'll see. I'm warming to the idea of him playing in red. Cracking delivery on him, and that's definitely something we've lost in both Hayes and McGinn.

To me it depends on the other signings - Maloney and a bunch of nobodies and I'll be well pissed off. However, if it's Maloney, and signings the likes of Nicholson, May, Lindsay, Andrew Shinnie, and Ali Crawford then I'm ok with it. He's well passed it and we cannot rely on him for a great deal so he needs to be complimenting other strong signings.

The same chap on Twitter who said Maloney has signed has also Tweeted that we are close to agreeing a fee for May and that Meekings and Draper could be headed to us from Caley with Miles Storey going the other way.

So it sounds like shite then.

Maloney is okay. His second spell at the Tims was fairly shite. He had nearly ten horrendous years for Scotland before coming good in about 2014 where he had a couple of good years. Hasn't played a competitive game for Scotland since 2015 (Gibraltar), with a couple of friendlies early 2016. I think we have a tendency to over-state players from the EPL slightly, and I'd put Maloney in about the same bracket as James Forrest or someone of that ilk. But I haven't seem him play in the last year, so I might be off a bit.

So it sounds like shite then.

Maloney is okay. His second spell at the Tims was fairly shite. He had nearly ten horrendous years for Scotland before coming good in about 2014 where he had a couple of good years. Hasn't played a competitive game for Scotland since 2015 (Gibraltar), with a couple of friendlies early 2016. I think we have a tendency to over-state players from the EPL slightly, and I'd put Maloney in about the same bracket as James Forrest or someone of that ilk. But I haven't seem him play in the last year, so I might be off a bit.

Yeah. Maloney I would have given him and also May at a stretch.

When he says Draper and Meekings as well then I call BS.

Old, past their best but signed for their experience players are all very well in the center of defence or as a midfield playmaker/ clogger.

Signing old, past their best nippy wee wingers is another thing altogether.

Don't know like. The Tims just signed Hayes...

That depends on whether you think he's past his best.

I think he's just had his best couple of seasons.

The clatterings will have taken their toll (admittedly he will get less of those wearing hoops) and his hamstring is dodgy.

It's a young mans game up front, something Aberdeen would do well to remember.

I liked fyvie, thought he looked a player. He didn't do that much at Hibs though and I doubt he would add much to the squad now.

Dont want Draper, he's a good physical presence but he gives the ball away far too much.  Meekings is a solid cb but gets injured a lot, would prefer Warren of we are taking a cb from Inverness.