Saturday 4 May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v St Johnstone

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Summer transfer window

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just read that Celtic have made an official bid of 1.2 Million for Hayes, no other players involved ( Christie or Mackay-Steven )

Of course, it's the Daily Mail, so who knows, but holy fuck, if he goes, and we've already lost McGinn, this is fucked.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4564604/Celtic-look-complete-deal-Aberdeen-s-Jonny-Hayes.html

Sadly it looks as though he's off. evening express (I know,, I know...) saying that the tims have been given permission to talk to him.

Him leaving I can understand, his strengthening a team that is already head and shoulders above us is harder to take.

Fuck me, less than a week after we lost the cup final and we're looking pretty threadbare now.

It's not just the loss of the players on the pitch, it's the momentous shift in camaraderie that worries me. One thing that we appeared to have was a dressing room that really gelled, that's hard to replicate.

This is getting pretty grim now. The only consolation is that it is all happening at the beginning of the Summer so we have time to recruit and get players to gel with what is left of the squad.

Although if McInnes moves on too that puts us even further backwards.

This is getting pretty grim now. The only consolation is that it is all happening at the beginning of the Summer so we have time to recruit and get players to gel with what is left of the squad.

Although if McInnes moves on too that puts us even further backwards.

Yup

We just don't seem to be moving on do we?

Europa is ok but we get put out before the group stages.

We had an incredible chance to win the league with Delia at the tim helm.

That was a terrible mistake by Milne and co to not recruit and spend some money.

The debts had been paid off and it was a small gamble that I believe would've paid off.

Champions league football even if out early.

Champs of Scotland.attracting bigger and better players no doubt.

We need far more ambition at AFC.

I can see why these better players are moving on from us.its sad but understandable.

Him leaving I can understand, his strengthening a team that is already head and shoulders above us is harder to take.

Fuck me, less than a week after we lost the cup final and we're looking pretty threadbare now.

It's not just the loss of the players on the pitch, it's the momentous shift in camaraderie that worries me. One thing that we appeared to have was a dressing room that really gelled, that's hard to replicate.

This closed season is pissing me off no end, already had some big players leaving at the end of contracts, a once strong team that has taken years to build, is getting taken apart in a few days. Doesn't help when Timothy do the old If anyone challenges you buy their best players and put them on the bench routine.

Why are the infirm buying all these players while we fanny about on holiday? Surely some transfer action the other way to sell season tickets would be a good thing?

I am not too bothered, the team is aging and we need a massive overhaul anyway. If McInnes goes, I would love for us to get a youth orientated manager like Alex Neil. We have shinnie to build a new era with, (providing that Deek does not buy him if he goes to Sunderland.) chin up lads, we will be alright. 

Losing Jack has engineered one hell of a lot of whippy ass nonsense - he is easily replaced.

But transfer of Hayes is if anything a massive huge blow - this is the main man, the best player gone out the door at £1m. Crosses, pace, tracking back, goals all lost.

To me he looks like another GMS, Willo Flood, Robson signing for Celtic i.e. a squad filler who won't get a regular game. I can understand why he would go - loads of money, more media scrutiny, international prospects.

What WILL be infuriating is where the £1m+ ends up.  The club have no excuses now to invest some of it in a couple of good players or on big wage packets.  It is so crucial good players come in.

Offer Maloney 5k a week for example on a 2 year deal.

Shocking if it's true and 1.2 million. He's under contract and Celtic have money. We gave away Willo Flood last year and 1.2 for Hayes would be giving him away in my eyes. Wtf. At least that plus Christie is a little better but we don't have a good selling record.

If Hayes does go, he will by far be the most difficult to replace. Would a Greg Stewart be the answer? Can he provide the assists, goals, pace and energy? Who knows, I suppose he's got age on his side, it's a pity Hayes is 29 as he'd be worth more if he was in this form and 5/6 years younger.

This is definitely a cluster fuck, if McInnes is staying, this is easily his biggest test in the transfer window, and that's without losing Hayes for now!

Was thinking the same thing Rossco, it's the start of the summer and he's getting plenty of season recognition. I'm sure there'd be interest if we look for it. We should be holding out for a lot more. No urgency to sell.

I understand us selling, don't want to end up him leaving and us getting nothing like Jack and McGinn but a little patience and we should get more.

The issue will be how happy he is. I cant see why a player would sign an extension on the basis the club he plays for gets more of a fee 6 months down the line. Why would he do that?

I think him and his family are happy here. He's the main man at AFC. The new contract in Feb was a bit of extra security, and he's now the highest paid player at the club and has no intention of going anywhere. Maybe there was some kind of "if an interesting offer comes in I should be allowed to consider it" clause, similarly in our favour some kind of minimum release.

Hope he stays anyway.

The issue will be how happy he is. I cant see why a player would sign an extension on the basis the club he plays for gets more of a fee 6 months down the line. Why would he do that?

I think him and his family are happy here. He's the main man at AFC. The new contract in Feb was a bit of extra security, and he's now the highest paid player at the club and has no intention of going anywhere. Maybe there was some kind of "if an interesting offer comes in I should be allowed to consider it" clause, similarly in our favour some kind of minimum release.

Hope he stays anyway.

Nah issue is how big the release clause is in his contract. If Celtic have met that fee then we cannot stop him going if hr wantd to. Sure Jonny is happy but at his age this will be his last chance to get a contract on comparatively huge wages compared to what we pay. Plus its the club he has always supported.

He signed a new contract in January which has enabled us to get a better fee in for him, he's given 5 great years of service so he goes with my best wishes.

The question is will Wiggy release every penny of the fee to McInnes ( or whoever) to replace Hayes. If he doesnt it shows a huge lack of ambition

Latest from the giro dome:

Celtic closing in on Hayes. Looking like £1.2m straight transfer or £750k with Christie on loan to Dons. Latter part is holding up the deal

Christie holding the deal up, which I can understand but really, if he's not interested coming permanently then turn and swivel.

Imagine we sold our best player for less than a million and got a player in return who was only on loan and didn't really want to be here in any case.

What I will say about this is, Sky Sports Scotland were reporting yesterday that Hayes was in Glasgow to speak to Celtic, but he tweeted he was on his way to Ireland, to link up with the R.O.I squad I would imagine. So I call bull-shit, think I have been getting my knickers ( Aye a wear knickers ) in a twist for nothing. Think the media are just trying to spin it for all they can due to their ( Hayes & Brenda ) history and then obviously he was having a wee cosy chat with him after the Cup Final, I am now pretty certain this is a nothing story.

We are probably trying to get Christie back though, probably permanently, he's not keen, but willing to come back on loan, that's my take on this.