Saturday 4 May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v St Johnstone

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Summer transfer window

Wasn't aware Walker still had another year left to run.  Some folk claiming he'll be off to the huns, not sure how they could afford a transfer fee though.

Some "agent" online also claiming huns are after Shinnie now as well as Jack.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really? Played 11 games this season for Rotherham, and didn't even make the bench recently. Not sure his 6 months of being the media favourite warrants the hype. His career has largely been a disaster.

Surely you know better than to judge him on a loan spell in England? Was a cracking player for Hibs, made the wrong move, a fresh start elsewhere to the right club and there's still a very good player there.

Rooney, McGinn, Logan, Lewis, Reynolds - there's just a few players who've signed after less than impressive spells in England.

Surely you know better than to judge him on a loan spell in England? Was a cracking player for Hibs, made the wrong move, a fresh start elsewhere to the right club and there's still a very good player there.

Rooney, McGinn, Logan, Lewis, Reynolds - there's just a few players who've signed after less than impressive spells in England.

Yep, a good point. I thought he was pish for hibs though wasn't he? I think I'm maybe getting him mixed up with thon Telfer arab that joined der hun. As you were.

Wasn't aware Walker still had another year left to run.  Some folk claiming he'll be off to the huns, not sure how they could afford a transfer fee though.

Some "agent" online also claiming huns are after Shinnie now as well as Jack.

Tapped up by the huns, naydoot.

Yep, a good point. I thought he was pish for hibs though wasn't he? I think I'm maybe getting him mixed up with thon Telfer arab that joined der hun. As you were.

Possibly (the Telfer mix-up). Allan was the best player in the championship at a time when Hearts and Rangers were both in it, and tore Rangers to shreds quite a few times.

Deila though liked signing young Scottish players and doing fuck all with them. Allan, Armstrong and Christie three examples of players who went downhill after moving to Celtic.

Rodgers has improved Armstrong, Christie's loan deal to Aberdeen has benefitted him, unfortunately for Allan his didn't work out. But 100% I'd take him here.

P&J now reporting Celtic will take Hayes in return for Christie and cash.

Sounds like Cardiff are trying again.  I've no doubt that of the two, we'd accept Celtics bid, because I imagine that Cardiff's will be derisory again.

We're in danger of seriously losing a team here and given our lack of depth, we'd be fucked.

I mind being at a game last season and thinking how good we were compared to how dire we once were. Losing Hayes, McGinn and the boss in one close season would be hard to recover from.

McGinn, I think we could cope with because we have Wright coming through, but Hayes would be an absolute kick in the baws imo.  As TC said to me elsewhere, we probably wouldn't get much more out of Hayes though so it's probably the right time to sell, emotion aside.

The cynic in me thinks that the ST season ticket deadline is approaching and they'll hold off any announcements until then.

What an end to the season, every cunt is after a slice of the pie.

Very true manc.

For what was a great season for us has turned a bit sour.

Not the same but im sure Leicester fans must be even more gutted than us after last year.

If we got Maloney, kept Lewis , got a decent striker, added GMS and kept DM then it would soften the blow.

Really don't want GMS, heart the size of a pea. He's an absolute fairy.

My biggest problem with this close season is that we can effectively kiss any Euro challenge goodbye.

Any players who potentially were lined up to come in may be put off by either the uncertainty around the manager or by the fact that he moves on. That gives us a few weeks for any new manager to try and replace some pretty difficult to replace players.

Life goes on but it doesn't need to creep up from behind, stab you in the back, shit in your mouth and then fuck you up the arse all at the same time.

It looks very likely we will lose Hayes, going by what is appearing in the press. What a blow that would be, one of my favourite players in the red jersey, ever. Love his commitment to the team, even when having an off game he can still do something special. Gets kicked a lot, but usually just gets back up again. 

We would miss him if he went

I wouldn't like to see him in a Celtic top though, regardless of what they offered.

:(

My biggest problem with this close season is that we can effectively kiss any Euro challenge goodbye.

Any players who potentially were lined up to come in may be put off by either the uncertainty around the manager or by the fact that he moves on. That gives us a few weeks for any new manager to try and replace some pretty difficult to replace players.

Life goes on but it doesn't need to creep up from behind, stab you in the back, shit in your mouth and then fuck you up the arse all at the same time.

^^THIS^^

Potentially by the time pre-season is due to start (I guess around 19/06/17), we could have no manager and;

Reynolds

Considine

O'Connor

Shinnie

Rooney

Stockley

Storey (Shite)

the kids

Wright (kid)

Ross(Kid)

Storie (Kid)

Shankland (Gone/Shite)

plus

Lewis (Maybe)

Logan (Maybe)

Hayes (Maybe)

McLean (Maybe)

I imagine I've missed folk out.

The worst thing is if those in contract were bought by other clubs I'd imagine there would be in the region of £5 million in transfers fees. Which any new, unproven with our money, manager coming in would be desperate to get their hands on and likely waste on shite, given our horrific record where transfer fees are concerned.

Hayes is now 30 and signed a new contract so that we would get decent money for him if another club wanted him. He has given us 5 great years of service, this will be his last chance to get a move that will net him really big bucks so if Celtic (or any other club for that matter) want to bid upwards of 1.5 million, or throw in a realistic part exchange then he would go with my best wishes.

If it is true that McLean refused to sign an extension a couple of months back then ( lets assume the Mcinnes leaving rumours are true) then its probably prudent to take cash for him now, ideally a million but 800k is probably realistic. This would allow any incoming manager over 2 million to replace these two which with that kind of cash should be possible.

Lewis might also decide he wants away. However i reckon Rogers needs a year as our back up, possibly playing in the cups to get him top level experience, before he is ready to be our full time number one. So unless a club comes in with silly money I'd be making him honour his contract.

Big worry comes with Shinnie. McInnes loves him and if he ends up at Sunderland or anywhere else you just know he will be his first target. I would be amazed if he doesnt have a release clause in his contract and obviously McInnes will know this figure. However with half a team leaving over the summer losing Shinnie on top might just be one too many if we are to maintain current standards. We will be due compo no matter where McInnes goes. I would be saying to that club that we won't be too difficult to deal with on this providing McInnes does not bid for Shinnie until at least next summer.

Gonna be a busy June I reckon

AFC Statement

Aberdeen FC this evening can confirm the following first team players have left the club after Saturday's William Hill Scottish Cup final against Celtic.

Goalkeeper Neil Alexander, defender Ash Taylor, midfielders Ryan Jack and Peter Pawlett and striker Niall McGinn have now left Pittodrie. Peter had already signed a pre-contract with MK Dons.

Strikers Cammy Smith and Lawrence Shankland, and goalkeeper Aaron Lennox, who have all been on out on loan this season in the SPFL Championship, will also be leaving the club. Cammy has signed for St Mirren.

After the conclusion of his loan spell Ryan Christie has returned to his parent club.

As was announced earlier U20 players Robbie Mutch, Jamie Henry, Dylan Thomas, Aaron Norris and Joe Nuttall have also left the club.

Everyone at Aberdeen FC would like to thank all the players who are leaving for their tremendous commitment to the club, in some cases over many years, and wish them all the very best for the future.

I'm the same as Ten Caat about Jonny. He has been a fantastic player for us. There are so many great memories. He really gives his all and he can't be grudged a decent pay day. Would rather it was in the Championship and in a team where he plays every week. If it's the end for Jonny best of luck to him.

I'm the same as Ten Caat about Jonny. He has been a fantastic player for us. There are so many great memories. He really gives his all and he can't be grudged a decent pay day. Would rather it was in the Championship and in a team where he plays every week. If it's the end for Jonny best of luck to him.

At least he had the decency to sign an extended contract which means we can....or at least should...get a decent transfer fee for him.

At the moment we are looking to rebuild a team on the cheap because all of the first team players that have gone have done so for fuck all.

If he goes and with McGinn gone though, that's the width, that's the outlet to fast counter attacking passing football. Not quite sure where the shape of the team goes from here.

We shouldn't be dealing with either of the ugly sisters.

To grovel to Celtic for a shottie of one of their players meant I couldn't watch the Dons live during the second half of the season.

To have done the same with the Hun would have finished me off completely.