Sunday 19th May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Ross County v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Summer transfer window

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They have got (if claims are correct) now a transfer kitty of £2.3m + a high-quality player on loan as in a top performer in Christie.

Thats £2.3m.

There is not going to be a shortage of experience managers wanting the job.  And there is no room for excuses saying they have no money.

Its all very up in the air and they need it all resolved quick but moving on is good.  Freshen it all up.

Plus the club have got loads of cash now. 

Jesus fuck.

Well 1.3 million plus Christie for a season is a lot better than Christie for a season plus 750k which was their initial offer. Depending on who else they get in over the summer and in January it may well be he is surplus to requirements by next summer at the latest anyway and with less time on his contract there could be available relatively cheaply.

Id like to see us try a cheeky offer to Fartz 600k for Walker...go to 800k tops to seal the deal.

Absolutely gutted (but not surprised) by Hayes departure. He's the reason I haven't had a sore arse at pittodrie for the last 5 years - consistently getting the fans out of their seats with a goal, assist, or jinking run down the wing.

Good luck to the boy - he never let us down.  :(

Certainly don't blame Hayes, good luck to the boy.

A little disappointed if he's indeed off, 2 years left on a contract, but the rumors of him leaving have been since the cup final so you'd have to think that anyone interested would have come in for him by now. With McGinn and Jack gone for free I guess we cash in when we get the biggest return. Hoping the loan has an agreed transfer fee if Christie decides long term here is the correct move - I don't blame Christie either for not wanting to sign permanently right now, he doesn't know who our manager will be.

Interesting that this is happening at the same time that DM is in talks with sunderland.  I really like Christie as a player but I don't want him back on loan, the only real plus side is surely Celtic will be paying him which free's up another sizeable wage given we would likely have been paying a reasonable portion last season.  It's pretty heartbreaking watching this team break up but it was always going to happen at some point.  All the best Jonny, you will be missed.

Redknapp wont have taken the Birmingham City job without the promise of money to build his own team, guys like Stewart and Shinnie will be getting pushed put the door, and within our budget.

On the flip side, Hibs are coming up needing to strengthen in a few areas and have money to spend and Hearts are also needing to replace half a team and also have money to spend.

With not too dissimilar wage budgets, better training facilities and with Edinburgh being more attractive as a place to live for most people with no ties to the north east, we may struggle if we're competing in the same market for players that are proven up here but surplus to requirements for their English teams.

On the flip side, Hibs are coming up needing to strengthen in a few areas and have money to spend and Hearts are also needing to replace half a team and also have money to spend.

With not too dissimilar wage budgets, better training facilities and with Edinburgh being more attractive as a place to live for most people with no ties to the north east, we may struggle if we're competing in the same market for players that are proven up here but surplus to requirements for their English teams.

every silver  lining has a cloud.

Is it worth investing the potential Jonny Hayes money on Jamie Walker? He's 23, grab him from underneath Rangers noses and surely we'd make our money and some with a sell on in a few years.

Hearts want a minimum million quid for him. Too much of a risk for a club our size to take on a player.

Partick Thistle have accepted a 350k offer for Liam Lindsay from

Oxford. At that price we should be looking to get involved.

But, difficult when you're essentially between managers.

Hearts want a minimum million quid for him. Too much of a risk for a club our size to take on a player.

Thought he'd get a better move than that to be honest.

Thought they were holding out for circa £750k.

Regardless of who our manager is or isn't, we need a central defender in to replace Taylor. Would have thought that Lindsay is worth a punt at that sort of money  ???

Sevco offered £300k then upped to £400k for Walker. He has a year left on his contract so doubt they'll get a million for him. As I said yesterday I'd try £600k going to a max of £800k to get him in. After 18 months I reckon we would double our money.

And if Lindsay is going for £350k then we definitely should be offering £400k. Would be a fantastic replacement for Taylor.

As has been said though, theres no one steering the ship right now. We will miss out on possible targets if Wiggy doesnt get his finger out and tell McInnes to either fuck off to Sunderland by tomorrow or get his arse back in gear and get managing...

I'd really like to see us try for Lindsay and walker. Would be a statement. Tough to do while we don't know the manager situation though.

Nae really, we just buy them. Get McInnes to do the talks afore he leaves. Any manager that knows the SPL would love to have those two in their squad.

Sevco offered £300k then upped to £400k for Walker. He has a year left on his contract so doubt they'll get a million for him. As I said yesterday I'd try £600k going to a max of £800k to get him in. After 18 months I reckon we would double our money.

And if Lindsay is going for £350k then we definitely should be offering £400k. Would be a fantastic replacement for Taylor.

As has been said though, theres no one steering the ship right now. We will miss out on possible targets if Wiggy doesnt get his finger out and tell McInnes to either fuck off to Sunderland by tomorrow or get his arse back in gear and get managing...

If they've given permission to Oxford to speak to him for £350K why would we offer £400K? That wouldnt cancel out their offer, just means we'd be paying £50K more than we should be.

McInnes was still putting lists together and looking at players while on holiday. The reason we arent now moving for people is because the board want to make sure they have a budget for a new boss. If McInnes knocks them back we'll be right in for the players earmarked. If McInnes had earmarked Lindsay you can guarantee his agent knows and will be waiting until McInnes is sorted out before allowing his client to sign for anyone unless they can pay a whack more that us.

get barry douglas in from turkey

Have heard worse suggestions.

Thing is Douglas appears to be one of these footballers that seems to be happy travelling around Europe playing his football, learning new languages and experiemcing different cultures going by an article I read online about him a few weeks back. Added to that, think he is under contract currently in Turkey and not sure what kind of fee he would command  ???