Sunday 19th May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Ross County v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Summer transfer window

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

they won turkish cup so will probably be on  large wages weird this guy never gets a look in for scotland

They've probably forgotten he exists in all likelihood.

He does not play in the English lower leagues

What are these other leagues you speak of??

If they've given permission to Oxford to speak to him for £350K why would we offer £400K? That wouldnt cancel out their offer, just means we'd be paying £50K more than we should be.

McInnes was still putting lists together and looking at players while on holiday. The reason we arent now moving for people is because the board want to make sure they have a budget for a new boss. If McInnes knocks them back we'll be right in for the players earmarked. If McInnes had earmarked Lindsay you can guarantee his agent knows and will be waiting until McInnes is sorted out before allowing his client to sign for anyone unless they can pay a whack more that us.

I'll nip across the road and tell them he's shite and not worth buying, get our bid ready.

....and there ends my interest in season 2017/18

Must confess DD, I am very much despondent myself. We have basically lost all of our creativity in losing McGinn for fuck all and Hayes to they bastards. Christie is a good player, i'd have been more pleased at a permanent transfer although that still wouldn't have softened this blow of Hayes & McGinn.

I genuinely hope we have several quality players lined up and hope they arrive in the very near future. 

Happy to take Christie back. Reality is we can't afford the 8k weekly wage but he's a good player who will do well for us again.

Hayes won't be loaned out at 29.

Maloney would be very uninspiring. Naismith, please god no.

While great that DM is staying we're still a much weaker team with the players gone, huge month or so ahead and up until now DM hasn't been that strong in signings. Nervous for the future - we need younger proven quality players to add to an aging weakened squad.

[ftp][/ftp]

Happy to take Christie back. Reality is we can't afford the 8k weekly wage but he's a good player who will do well for us

And this is exactly what is wrong with modern fitba. It's a capitalists dream. Even the LA residents recognise this.

#againstmodernfootball

I hear what your saying DD, but it's nae the lads fault, he just wants to play football and we probably cannot afford his wages, but he is willing to be here, so we just have to see how it all pans out. I was sceptical when we took him back in January, but he is a good player and should only get better, but the downside for me is that if he improves whilst with us he improves his transfer value meaning celtic get more money for him if they decide to sell leaving us to fill another hole in our squad.  I would imagine they could call him back if required and totally screw us up at a difficult part of the season, not having him for Celtic matches isn't good either.

As long as he is good enough and willing to play for us I will accept him, but would be more happier if we developed our own players instead of taking young lads from other clubs, especially our biggest competitors.

On another note it was sickening seeing Jonny in pictures holding a Celtic top.  :  I see he has gave the club money to ensure any fans who bouht the new AFC top with his name on it get a new strip/refund with all the Hayes branded ones given to thr Community trust. A good loon is Jonny, far too good to be signing for THEM!

[ftp][/ftp]

And this is exactly what is wrong with modern fitba. It's a capitalists dream. Even the LA residents recognise this.

#againstmodernfootball

There is plenty wrong with modern football and I'd love every player to be a permanent signing but the game has changed drastically in recent years and loans are a regular thing in the current game. We're loaning a quality player who will contribute while saving transfer money, allowing for other signings. That's win win. If we want to be second best (which in itself pains me to say) we have to consider loans from anyone, including Celtic.  I'd rather we take Christie who is a known quality and will be successful over an unknown championship/league one player. I even like it in the fact that he's a Scottish player.

To ignore loans like this would be cutting off our noses to spite our face. Welcome back Ryan Christie!

Aye.

It's a shame really that it needs to be contracted at all.

If Celtic and Rangers owned ALL the players then we might be able to see all the other clubs get a shottie of their fringe players in turn.

Imagine the exitement, on a Friday morning, finding out which of their players we would be allowed to see play for us the following day.

Hearts v Hibs could turn out to be just like a Rangers v Celtic reserve game, and lets face it, that's what we all want really.