Sunday 12 May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Hibernian v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Summer transfer window

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If JH goes to Celtic can the Dons fans please maybe sing for him first match and clap him please?

Cheers

;)

Get fucked. If he goes to the Tims then he's a Tim. Nae booing is the most appropriate response. Clapping a Tim is unacceptable.

Chill the fuck oot and show a wee bit of respect.

He was great for us.

players move on.

Hardly a Jackesque move.

Grow up man.

Shakes heed.

I think Jack was a good player for us. Had he moved on to someone other than der Hun I'd have applauded him. He didn't, he joined one half of the cheeks. Joining the Tims is a Jackesque move. The other half of the same airse. The Tims are a despicable bunch of racist-supporting fucks who've almost single-handedly ruined the game in this country. They're exactly the same as the hun. Hayes won't get booed, because he didn't grow up in the city and ken the fucking rules.

I know we've been linked a handful of times to Liam Boyce of Ross County, and I do agree he'd be a good addition, but I have to say, I am more inclined to push towards Motherwell's Louis Moult.

No real reason for this random post, just simply stating a preference. I also reckon that Moult would be more affordable, either way, if he's not released, surely we have to use Miles Storey as a bargaining tool for whatever striker we choose to go for? ( Insert amount ) + Storey for Boyce or Moult, definitely doable for me.

Would anyone else be in the Moult camp or does everyone else prefer Boyce?

Edit - Quick look up of their stats.

Liam Boyce  Total App 268         Total Goals 129

Louis Moult  Total App 235         Total Goals    82

Obviously Boyce has a better ratio, although Moult has been rather prolific in his past 4/5 seasons, scoring at least 16 goals in each season. Plus he's played 33 games less.

Stevie May has a better record

84 Goals in 180 Appearances. Alan Gow, on the other hand, has 75 Goals in 363 Appearances. The prolific Gowser, and Stevie May spearheading the Dons Attack next season. Anyone spotted either in Greggs yet??

On a side note, our own Adam Rooney has scored 167 Goals in 430 Appearances. 

Would anyone else be in the Moult camp or does everyone else prefer Boyce?

I'm with you KFP. I think he offers more all round than Boyce. I think he could play alongside Rooney if necessary too, whereas I reckon Boyce and Rooney is a one or other decision. He seems a little more mobile too. Rooney and Boyce are basically the same in my book. That's nae a bad thing like, just saying.

I'm with you KFP. I think he offers more all round than Boyce. I think he could play alongside Rooney if necessary too, whereas I reckon Boyce and Rooney is a one or other decision. He seems a little more mobile too. Rooney and Boyce are basically the same in my book. That's nae a bad thing like, just saying.

Couldn't agree more, that's my logic behind it. Boyce and Rooney are definitely too similar, and we are not going to pay x-amount for Boyce for him to come and sit on the bench. Rooney and Moult would be an excellent partnership. To be fair though, I thought the same about Storey when he joined, and it's simply not happened. Mainly because DM won't play 2 strikers.

I'd say it's more to do with the fact that Storey is absolutely horse's cock at fitba and always has been. Moult has skill and a good touch. However, I'd see him more as a replacement for Stockley. Ideally we'd replace Storey with someone too. We definitely wouldn't have room for Stockley if Moult signed.

Hate to say it but its now looking like this upcoming season is going to be a write off total rebuild season.

We are going to need a new manager and at least 5 new players possibly 6 or 7.

With the best will in the world even 3rd place may be hard to achieve with that level of turnover.

Any targets Deek may have had will certainly think twice about coming if he is offski. Game's a total bogey if he then decides he wants Shinnie with him.

Fuckin depressed writing this.

A lot would  depend on what happened with the 3-4 million in the bank that such a exodus would leave us.

I would be looking at Lindsey and Amoo from thistle, Crawford from Hamilton and walker from hearts.

Thistle released Amoo, and from what I have seen from him, he's extremely inconsistent. But he's a free transfer I suppose. He could come in and share the role with young Scott Wright if anything. But I very much doubt McInnes will be looking for that.

Said it before and I will say it again ( Cause I'm a cunt ) Gordon Greer is a free transfer. 6ft 3" definitely a no nonsense type, doesn't try play out or anything fancy, good experience and played 20+ games in the Championship with Blackburn last season.

And they also released Jason Lowe, the CDM Brown tried to sign a few seasons ago. He was Blackburn's captain last season. 

2 Players that would come in and certainly add to our squad, without weakening it.

I think that Jack going to the huns won't be a bad thing if he gives Scott Brown a square right jab to the face, followed by a straight red card. I'm fed up with the tims and Saint Brendan, they can all go to fuck.

Jack did his best not to tackle that prick never mind jab him. Not a chance he'd have the backbone to do something like that.