Sunday 12 May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Hibernian v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Summer transfer window

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

£750k plus Christie for 'a season' and he cannot play v Celtic.  If that is true it is utterly bonkers.

Totally agree. Better off selling him to Birmingham and signing Greg Stewart as part of the deal than that

Totally fucking mental

Worse than the Dodds and £750k for Winters deal

Ok, I'll admit it first.

I'm pant pissing arm haha.

Caixinha is kicking ass with us at the moment with his signings.

I know there's time but we as supporters need some answers NOW or a decent rumour to give us some hope.

Best players leaving...rumours our manager will go.

No cash blah blah wtf.

Come on AFC!

I'm very worried about next season.

???

Ok, I'll admit it first.

I'm pant pissing arm haha.

Caixinha is kicking ass with us at the moment with his signings.

I know there's time but we as supporters need some answers NOW or a decent rumour to give us some hope.

Best players leaving...rumours our manager will go.

No cash blah blah wtf.

Come on AFC!

I'm very worried about next season.

???

Whilst I agree with your frustrations, they've all fucked off on holiday just now.  If we're in the same position come this time next week i'll be a little bit more apprehensive, given McInnes usually does his business early.  Hope is what I have because there's too much negativity at the mo (club and in london) that something has to give.

Okay, so I have just saw someone on Twitter claiming to be in the know, claiming that we are about to complete the signing of some out of contract Right Back from Hull called Brian Lenihan, said it will be confirmed tomorrow.

A simple and quick check on Google tells us that he's signed a contract extension with Hull City and it's in fact utter horse shit, I fucking detest this time of the season  >:D

Personally I just hate social media and its ability to fuel the attention seeker in so many people.

Even more irritating is Journalists now use it as a 'credible' source to write their own stories

Remember the days when all you had to go on was the P&J or Evening Express?

I'm still waiting for the following players to turn up

Peter Ndlovu

Niall Quinn

Marcelo

Paul Dickov

Eintine Verveer

Taffarell (Was apparenlty Dons or St Mirren for him)

It's a genuine question.  Or did you just make it up?

It was further up the thread. Someone said we were going to take £1.2M for Hayes, or 750K plus Christie on loan for a year. Paying for a loan deal would seem a touch absurd - and a first probably.

Also, Tom, Etienne Verveer did come to us. He just didn't play any games.

Cardiff city have renewed their interest in Hayes, £1.2m bid.

I'd prefer he didn't go to Celtic. Now hopefully we have a bidding war on our hands.

Hayes will want to go to the tims though, him and rodgers go back to reading days etc.  Whilst it would stick in my throat watching him play against us for them he has more than enough goodwill from me to go where he wants with my best wishes.

I don't want Christie back unless he's going to be our player.  I was pleased to get him at the time and he was a far better player for us than Maddison was but no more on loan please. 

Cardiff city have renewed their interest in Hayes, £1.2m bid.

I'd prefer he didn't go to Celtic. Now hopefully we have a bidding war on our hands.

Matters not one jot if Cardiff bid 2million for Jonny. If Celtic bid the release clause figure ( which I'm now guessing is 1.2million) he can go there despite any higher bids from other clubs. Why a club would bid anything higher than the release figure is another matter. The only way it would possibly happen is if Hayes himself, in an extraordinary show of altruism, tells interested clubs he will go to the highest bidder.

1.2million it is then....

Matters not one jot if Cardiff bid 2million for Jonny. If Celtic bid the release clause figure ( which I'm now guessing is 1.2million) he can go there despite any higher bids from other clubs. Why a club would bid anything higher than the release figure is another matter. The only way it would possibly happen is if Hayes himself, in an extraordinary show of altruism, tells interested clubs he will go to the highest bidder.

1.2million it is then....

Are we certain there is a release clause though?  I get what you're saying, but Cardiff have been proven to be cheapskates...so it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if they just bid the same as the dhims.

If there isnt a release clause I would be absolutely amazed. They are pretty standard in most contracts these days ( at top level).

Of course Cardiff will bid exactly the same as the Dhims. There really is no point bidding even one penny above the release clause. It will be down purely to Hayes himself where he chooses to go. Which will be Celtic....

If there isnt a release clause I would be absolutely amazed. They are pretty standard in most contracts these days ( at top level).

Of course Cardiff will bid exactly the same as the Dhims. There really is no point bidding even one penny above the release clause. It will be down purely to Hayes himself where he chooses to go. Which will be Celtic....

Ah no. I know all that, you'd be daft to bid more than you need to and all that but it was more if we'd set it at that. Guess you're right thought, was more hopeful than anything else.

If Celtic have any real aspirations in the Champions league, why wouldn't they spend 10M on a winger? They have the money.

I agree with you.  I think there is a little sentimentalism in the purchase (possible) of Hayes by Rodgers.  He was his coach at Reading when he first came to the UK.

The move to Celtic will make him a squad filler.  He wont play every week - possibly not at all if the also buy Roberts back and a few others.

Why would a club that last week said they are targeting Champions League Last 16 target Hayes above other players?

Is he of the calibre to take Celtic to that level - no IMO.

Its quite possible we could sell Hayes for £1m+ and he could end up back on loan to us.

I fully appreciate the motivation to move.  More money and chance to play in CL or EL groups stages - he has a young family.

But Hayes probably needs to ask himself question whether he will get a regular game - does he enjoy sitting on bench watching on?

Hayes will play plenty games in the league to earn himself a championship medal and probably one of the domestic cups too. He may be involved from the bench in Europe.

Second season there they will have invested more in better players and by mid season they may look to put him out on loan somewhere but by then he will be pushing 32....would he really be that attractive to us by then?

Best just to say thanks for the service Jonny and wish him well for getting us a half decent fee in....

Second season there they will have invested more in better players and by mid season they may look to put him out on loan somewhere but by then he will be pushing 32....would he really be that attractive to us by then?

Depends on how we react to him moving. If we manage to move on after Jonny we'll have cracked it. I have my doubts. What a player he's been. So many good memories. Difficult to grudge him his move.