Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Summer transfer window

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

EE saying we've made a move for Mackay-Steven.

https://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/fp/aberdeen-fc/dons-linked-summer-moves-two-scotland-internationals/?utm_content=buffer7d376&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

BY CHARLIE ALLAN :wave:, 21 MAY 2017 10:23

DONS LINKED WITH SUMMER MOVES FOR TWO SCOTLAND INTERNATIONALS

The Dons have made their move to sign Celtic and Scotland winger Gary Mackay-Steven.

Aberdeen manager Derek McInnes never comments about transfer speculation.

But it is understood the 26-year old former Ross County, Liverpool, Airdie United and Dundee United is on his wish list of summer signings.

Sources say McInnes has already held talks with Thurso-born Mackay-Steven about the possibility of a move to Pittodrie.

Whether that would be permanent or on loan would be up to Hoops boss Brendan Rodgers because Mackay-Steven, who joined Celtic in January 2015 in a £250,000 deal, is still contracted to them until the summer of 2019.

But McInnes would love to get the winger as a replacement for Northern Ireland international Niall McGinn, who is leaving the Dons after next Saturday’s Scottish Cup final clash with Celtic.

A move north would also give Mackay-Steven the chance to revive his career, which has stalled a little since Rodgers took over at Celtic a year ago.

He has made just 11 appearances so far this season, the last of which was in their 5-0 league win over Hearts at the start of April.

McInnes has also hoping to sign Scotland international forward Shaun Maloney, who is leaving Hull City in the wake of their relegation from the English Premier League.

The Dons have already secured the services of Inverness Caley Thistle midfielder Greg Tansey.

He is a seen as a direct replacement for skipper Ryan Jack, who has confirmed he is leaving Aberdeen and is reported to be close to agreeing on a move to Premiership rivals Rangers

Has the Maloney rumour relaxed a bit now, Or was it concrete? Suppose we will know more in the coming weeks, but it did appear from nowhere, so maybe there's something in it.

If I'm not mistaken, it was one of the guys on the btm Aberdeen podcast that mentioned he was out of contract and it seemed to have grown legs. So not sure there is anything in it at all

Any comments on Liam Lindsay given we just put 6 past thistle??? Worth a look? I know thistle had a patchwork team out there today so not the best game to judge.

Going to the English Championship. Bolton and Leeds mentioned, fee in region of 750k mentioned. Sevco will be added to the list of suitors by the weegia once Jack signing is completed.

Better all round footballer than Devlin but outwith our price range I'm afraid

Forget Mikey Devlin as a potential recruit. Just been confirmed by Hamilton that his injury at the weekend is a ruptured cruciate.....apparently second time this has happened to him..... and will be out for 6-9 months at least.

Berra signed for Jambos earlier. Hope to hell this doesnt reignite the Meekings rumours ( who I have a sneakking suspicion is one of the 3 bad apples that Foran alluded to)

Hayes and Lewis to Tims

Christie and Mackay-Steven to us.

Doesn't seem fair to me unless there's a hefty chunk of cash coming our way too. But this is the rumour I heard yesterday. Hayes apprently reckons it's "certain"

Also Taylor and McGinn have had no offers from other clubs. Doesn't come as a shock re Taylor at least.

Well all that sounds like fun...

Surely Lewis wouldn't go to sit and be no.2 having been a first team regular the whole of his first season with us?

Sounds like shite to me. So much for wanting competition  ::)

Aye but the Gordon to Chelsea rumours have returned too. He'll go and happily be their number 2 because Begovic will be fucking off.