Sunday 19th May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Ross County v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Steven Smith

http://m.stv.tv/sport/football/scottish-premier/aberdeen/224793-aberdeen-to-move-for-two-former-rangers-players/

Steven Smith and Stephen Hughes according to STV now. It just wouldn't be a transfer window if we were not linked with Stephen Hughes.

Aberdeen could bolster their squad with two new signings before the transfer window closes. Craig Brown is hopeful of concluding deals for Steven Smith and Stephen Hughes within the next few hours.

Left back Smith and midfielder Hughes are both looking for new clubs and look to have found a home at Pittodrie. The duo could go straight into the squad for tuesday night's match against Celtic if the signings are completed in time.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems smith can play in midfield aswell?

Aberdeen have completed the signing of Steven Smith from Norwich City on loan until the end of the season. The former Rangers player, who can play at left back or in midfield, is the fifth new arrival at Pittodrie since Craig Brown's appointment, joining David McNamee, Rob Milsom, Nick Blackman and Myles Anderson.

Good news to get a left sided player in who is a full back. Adds more balance to the team. Was he not unlucky with injuries during his time at the Huns?

Velicka and Ifil leaving!  :wave::dance: :dance: :dance:

Ifil is without a doubt one of the worst football player, if not the worst football player I have ever seen.

Being honest i would think it was a better signing if it wasn't just a loan. But obviously not to be. Finding it hard to get excited about this one. Especially the thought if he does do well then we lose him. Just wondering with Ifil leaving if he is getting compensation oot o wiz?

this is a good signing.

I'm disappointed we didn't get Hughes. Heard that Norwich wanted us to take on Hughes' full wage for the loan and we just wouldn't or couldn't do it. Hughes wanted to come to us.

Think this may be the positive effect that Brown has at Pittodrie, players who actually want to come and play under him knowing they will improve their lot as a result.

this is a good signing.

I'm disappointed we didn't get Hughes. Heard that Norwich wanted us to take on Hughes' full wage for the loan and we just wouldn't or couldn't do it. Hughes wanted to come to us.

Crippling lack of ambition from AFC as usual.

It's been widely reported he got himself a big pay rise when he joined Norwich, do you really think we can compete with that level of wages?... ???

I remember it well, if reported correctly he's on £6,000 a week. For a loan until the end of the season your probably talking what, £120,000.

If we beat Pars on Sunday we are in Cup Quarters, worst case scenario is we get the old firm, big gate receipts plus live tv match. Worst case, arguably a better squad than any of the other teams and we may reach semi's and possibliy the finals of the Scots Cup.

I don't think, if the rumour is true, that its unfair to accuse AFC of lacking ambition in the above scenario. We'd stand a lot better chance of winning on Snday with Hughes in the team, imo.