Sunday 19th May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Ross County v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Steven Smith

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do we know when Smith's contract at Norwich expires? He's got huge potential and I'm sure he'll do a good job for us but it's hard to get too excited if we know it's a relationship with no future.

June 2012, Norwich want him out now though so is avaialble on a free transfer. I think he's got great potential too but I am not averse to us having 2 or 3 short term signings that improve the overall quality, for fk sake I don't want to watch Considine at left back again.

I think Brown has done well in this Transfer window

Milsom- looks decent, just as well with Folly and Fyvie both long term injuries.

Anderson- only a youngster really, time will telll.

Blackman- Played 1, scored 1, decent enough start to his loan spell with us.

McNamee- okay, not really signed in the window as he was a free agent but he is a full back ( a position neglected by McGhee) and is welcome addition to the squad.

Smith- Was a promising looking prospect when he was at der Huns, hope he can get a good run of form, also he plays left back which is a bonus.

Players out-

Ifil- Well, i'm sure most will agree that he was never going to be the next Maldini.

Velicka- Don't know what McGhee was thinking when he went through with that deal, swapping a fullback (something we lacked at the time even) for a perma-injured striker. Good decision to move him on as we have Vernon, Maguire, Blackman, Magennis, Paton, Mackie (when he recovers from injury) and Megginson all competing for a place up front.

Aye I think Brown has done very well to strengthen a particularly weak squad in areas that drastically needed strengthening. McNamee whilst no world beater is a solid enough right back and now with Smith on the other side, offers us two natural full backs for the first time in what seems an enternity! Milson looks a good acquisition to the squad and Blackman comes with a very good scoring record at Motherwell. Add to that, Ifil and Velicka being shown the door, I think it has been a very successful January transfer window for Aberdeen FC.

Don't get your hopes up just yet, give it a couple of weeks, if not a month. Too soon to judge.

whilst I agree to an extent, I think on face value brown has addressed the critical areas first and foremost. On paper the aquisitions look good, fingers crossed they serve us well.

Agreed. As productive a January transfer window as Aberdeen have ever seen since the January transfer window was introduced.

Add to that the fact that several teams around us have been weakened (ie the likes of Dobie, Zemmama and Conor Sammon moving away from SPL teams) and I think we are better placed than most teams around us to continue our climb up the table ... and maybe even another semi-final appearance.

Was quite impressed with his performance last night. Very strong tackler, and looks like he can ping a pass or two out of defence as well. Can only improve as he gets his match sharpness up.

I thought so too. He had one or two dodgy passes when he first came on but when he settled into the game he looked very solild and played a couple of great balls over the top towards the end of the first half.

More to come from him I'm sure when he gets a run of games.

Thought he looked very good considering the guy flew up from Norwich late the night before. Apparently was gasping to play but Broon put him on the bench. Showed a good attitude from the off and looked pretty composed seeing as he had no idea of the personnel or system we were playing.