Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Summer

manc_don

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heading off to Paris on the 16th o May, for a couple of days with the girlfriend.

Then I will be working for the summer and seeing AC/DC in June.

Will miss Ibrox, though at least it's for a free weekend in Paris.

Means we'll go and fucking win it too.

Oh aye

I would love to go traveling but most of my mates are either skint and can'ty afford to go and won't like where I'd want to go to and the others are all going on holidays with their birds (gay).

SO basically this summer, I'll be stuck in the gym, outside playing football, cycling, maybe some cricket and a wee run now and again, I'll also be working hard unless I lose my job which if that is the case I'll be looking in to sound engineering and maybe then just piss off over to America for a working holiday.

:lolabove:

And I get told I make shit up.  ;D

I'm wrapping things up here in the summer, packing my job in, sticking it to the man and going travelling for a few months and maybe doing some charity work.

I'm looking forward to a holiday in August. Headed to Novi Sad in Serbia for a few days, then up to Lake Balaton in Hungary and finishing up at the Sziget Festival in Budapest for a long weekend.

We're doing the rail trip round central/eastern Europe in August/Sept for three weeks and will be stopping in Novi Sad for a couple of days after your recommendation in the thread I started on it. Can't quite remember the whole route but it's something like this:

Fly to Budapest and after a few days on to Bratislava>Vienna>Prague>Krakow>back to Budapest for a day or so>Belgrade>Novi Sad>Zagreb and possibly finishing in Ljubljana, there may also be the option of going into Northern Italy if we have time/money etc. Can't wait for it to be honest, should be mega.

We're doing the rail trip round central/eastern Europe in August/Sept for three weeks and will be stopping in Novi Sad for a couple of days after your recommendation in the thread I started on it. Can't quite remember the whole route but it's something like this:

Fly to Budapest and after a few days on to Bratislava>Vienna>Prague>Krakow>back to Budapest for a day or so>Belgrade>Novi Sad>Zagreb and possibly finishing in Ljubljana, there may also be the option of going into Northern Italy if we have time/money etc. Can't wait for it to be honest, should be mega.

That sounds mint, how many of you going?  Beats the shit out of a package holiday to england in the sun

That sounds mint, how many of you going?  Beats the shit out of a package holiday to england in the sun

there's four of us going for the whole three weeks but there will be girlfriends coming out for a weekend or two throughout and some other mates will be joining us in Budapest and Prague.

Stopping off at Auschwitz?

I'm looking forward to a holiday in August. Headed to Novi Sad in Serbia for a few days, then up to Lake Balaton in Hungary and finishing up at the Sziget Festival in Budapest for a long weekend.

I was hoping to catch a few festivals on my travels but it seems that just about every gig happens over the same weekend.  Must make it a lot easier for the bands but not much fun if you fancy going to more than one yourself.

If you get the chance to take in Lake Balaton, between Budapest and Novi Sad, then you should. Also, be prepared for the train journey between Hungary and Serbia to be long and uncomfortable with a lengthy delay at the border. Fantastic trip, Vienna, Prague, Krakow are all fantastic cities. I love Hungary, I keep going back year after year.

If you get the chance to take in Lake Balaton, between Budapest and Novi Sad, then you should. Also, be prepared for the train journey between Hungary and Serbia to be long and uncomfortable with a lengthy delay at the border. Fantastic trip, Vienna, Prague, Krakow are all fantastic cities. I love Hungary, I keep going back year after year.

Uncomfortable in what way? Trains from the 1920's and such like? How long will the delay be?  I'm grateful for any information at all!

Uncomfortable in what way? Trains from the 1920's and such like? How long will the delay be?  I'm grateful for any information at all!

It will be hot and with no air conditioning. You might get stuck at the border for a couple of hours. You'll have to have your passports checked at both sides of the border. When crossing between Hungary and Serbia I use a bus company that runs mini bus shuttles between Budapest and Belgrade as it saves a lot of hassle at the border.

It will be hot and with no air conditioning. You might get stuck at the border for a couple of hours. You'll have to have your passports checked at both sides of the border. When crossing between Hungary and Serbia I use a bus company that runs mini bus shuttles between Budapest and Belgrade as it saves a lot of hassle at the border.

Happened to me on the Vienna - Bratislava train. Not fun times!

I am going to Mallorca for the first time at the end of May with the in-laws. They are paying so result. I doubt I would have bothered if I had to pay. Apparently it is the part of the island that isn't full of pissed up Brits.

Until you get there. ;)

Cheers Sharpie. Any other recommendations, tips etc?

Manc - what about Bratislava and Vienna? what should we see/do? good for going out at night?

Unfortunately, I went when I was with school! So I can't tell you where to go out in either of these places :( I'll ask a mate of mine who's been to vienna a fare bit and see what he says!

Vienna is just a beautiful city though, with phenomenal women (from what I remember)  :thumbsup:

Unfortunately, I went when I was with school! So I can't tell you where to go out in either of these places :( I'll ask a mate of mine who's been to vienna a fare bit and see what he says!

Vienna is just a beautiful city though, with phenomenal women (from what I remember)  :thumbsup:

Nice one!  :thumbsup: