Scottish Premiership - Hibernian v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Summer

manc_don

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I took up surfing a few months ago and want to go there and see the home of surfing - will be a wee while yet till I'm good enough I think though - once I can surf Thurso east I think I'd be confident to hit Hawaii.

Plus - it's an ambition to see an erupting volcano before I die - think that'd be pretty mintal, ken  8)

But as well as being the home of surfing and volcanoes - it's also the home of CHEESEBURGERLAND!!!!!!

http://www.cheeseburgerland.com/Cheeseburgerland/Landing_Page.html

shapeimage_2.png

Used to go swimming there in my younger days!

Also remember back in the mid 80's? there was a round of the European/world surfing champ. there. Found is so funny seeing all the local tarts (male and female) swooning over these bronzed, blonde surfer heroes who, once they found out just how fucking cold the water was, spent all their time in towels and in hot baths at the hotels!

Always wanted to go to that event, just never got round to going. Is that where you're learning Jager? Went a few times out on Coldingham bay and Seacliffe (Dunbar) a few times, but the swell was never great there. Hopefully get an opportunity near San Sebastian when I go in September.

Used to go swimming there in my younger days!

Also remember back in the mid 80's? there was a round of the European/world surfing champ. there. Found is so funny seeing all the local tarts (male and female) swooning over these bronzed, blonde surfer heroes who, once they found out just how fucking cold the water was, spent all their time in towels and in hot baths at the hotels!

So you got a KB then?

Surfing is pretty awesome, I've only ever done it in Newquay. I should really get back into it, but I can't really be arsed with buying a new board and all the other shit i'll need.

Do they rent out real boards in the UK? I've only ever had the 1/2 foam ones. Newquay was a good laugh, that's where I learnt. Went surfing in Porto once which was pretty decent. Was November and the water was still reasonably warm!

Jager, I was going to say, some baptism of fire learning in thurso! You'll like coldingham Bay, get some decent waves there .

Always wanted to go to that event, just never got round to going. Is that where you're learning Jager? Went a few times out on Coldingham bay and Seacliffe (Dunbar) a few times, but the swell was never great there. Hopefully get an opportunity near San Sebastian when I go in September.

How nice a beach is Seacliffe :thumbsup:

My girls went bodysurfing at Coldingham last summer - hopefully we'll get down there this year too

Do they rent out real boards in the UK? I've only ever had the 1/2 foam ones. Newquay was a good laugh, that's where I learnt. Went surfing in Porto once which was pretty decent. Was November and the water was still reasonably warm!

I always found those pishy yellow foam things a lot harder to use than a proper board.

When I went last time (about 10 years ago now) I bought a secondhand one when I arrive and sold it when I left - somebody had set up some scheme that found buyers and sellers at the start/end of their holidays, it ended up costing me about £10 for 10 days with a board.

• 3 weeks later...

Maybe going to Dubai in August now for a week, flights are £350 return which I think is affa good, any suggestions on what to do when there, where to go and eat and that?

plenty of stuff to do at the jumeira beach resort like jet skiing and wind surfing. I wanted to go dune surfing as well but we ran out of time. The water park is supposed to be pretty good and I'm sure there is a restaurant in a submarine as well.

Maybe going to Dubai in August now for a week, flights are £350 return which I think is affa good, any suggestions on what to do when there, where to go and eat and that?

It's hellishly hot in August.  I went to one of the waterparks in May and it was great but I don't fancy it in August.

Plenty of bars and things to visit but I believe it's pretty quiet in July and August due to the heat.

Only time I can really manage, going to see my cousin, I have been told that the heat is mental at that time but I fancy getting a decent tan of some sort, not really in to water activities as I'm not a good swimmer, well I can't actually swim atall I don't think.

Only time I can really manage, going to see my cousin, I have been told that the heat is mental at that time but I fancy getting a decent tan of some sort, not really in to water activities as I'm not a good swimmer, well I can't actually swim atall I don't think.

It'll be 50 degrees, you'll be struggling to stay outside for long.

He's talking pish as usual Tom, he won't last 2 minutes in the heat and humidity of the summer out there.  Nobody goes outside in those months.

I actually went out in august because we stopped over after being in Japan. We went went out on jumeira beach and went swimming. Providing you've got plenty of Sun screen and drink water you should be ok. Though you will spend most of your time going from shaded area to shaded area mini. It was fucking hot !

It was around July I was there, but it was only a stop-gap on the way back from elsewhere.  40+ during the day, 30+ at night and 30+ degrees in the sea.

30 fucking plus in the fucking sea!

Still trying to get my head round that.

I'd spent a week and a half on a beach previous, so it was mainly just sightseeing and dotting from one air conditioned building to the next.

Where'd you manage to get flights for £350 from?

Some website, Abz to Dam then to Dubai, stop in Paris on way home.

He's talking pish as usual Tom, he won't last 2 minutes in the heat and humidity of the summer out there.  Nobody goes outside in those months.

How am I talking pish?