Sunday 12 May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Hibernian v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Summer

manc_don

Going in September  ;)

Anyone on here been? Any tips, especially on the best way to see the Grand Canyon? Helicopter from Vegas is probably going to be above our budget.

My grandparents flew over it in a plane, don't think it cost that much as there are a number of others on the flight. Problem is (I imagine anyway) is that some of the views may be on the other side of the plane. I've only ever driven and walked around bits of it etc...

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Penfold - Vegas is absolutely superb. You'll enjoy that. When I was there I went on an organised tour in a Jeep to the Canyon and it was one hell of a day. Stunning. There's no need to pay for Helicopters to properly see and appreciate the Canyon or the Hoover Dam. Speak to your hotel concierge about Pink Jeep Tours.  :thumbsup: 

Penfold - Vegas is absolutely superb. You'll enjoy that. When I was there I went on an organised tour in a Jeep to the Canyon and it was one hell of a day. Stunning. There's no need to pay for Helicopters to properly see and appreciate the Canyon or the Hoover Dam. Speak to your hotel concierge about Pink Jeep Tours.  :thumbsup:

I'm going to Vegas at the end of April and have been looking at the helicopter tours, then leaned towards hiring a car instead. Hate being restricted to times - this spoiled a trip to Niagra falls when traffic caused us to be delayed by a couple of hours but we had to stick to the return time.  I'll have a look at the Jeep tour though, cheers for the heads up.

I'm going to Vegas at the end of April and have been looking at the helicopter tours, then leaned towards hiring a car instead. Hate being restricted to times - this spoiled a trip to Niagra falls when traffic caused us to be delayed by a couple of hours but we had to stick to the return time.  I'll have a look at the Jeep tour though, cheers for the heads up.

There's not much traffic. Well there is but there's more than enough road!  :thumbsup:

We got picked up from our hotel early in the morning and dropped off at night. Can't stress how great that day was.

• 4 months later...

Just back from a week visiting friends in Abu Dhabi.  First time I've been and I didn't realise how big the place was.  Great for a visit, and excellent weather (high 30s every day).  Went to Ferrari World to go on the world's fastest rollercoaster and we practically had the place to ourselves  :thumbsup:

Also took the opportunity to jog round the Abu Dhabi F1 track which is open to joggers/walkers/cyclists on a Wednesday night.  Amazing experience but helluva hot for a run!

Went to Dubai for a couple of days.  Went up the tallest building in the world which was pretty cool.  Can't believe how quick the lifts go up 124 floors!

Went to Dubai for a couple of days.  Went up the tallest building in the world which was pretty cool.  Can't believe how quick the lifts go up 124 floors!

I was left sickenly underwhelmed by the Burj Khalifa.

I've been up a good few of the world's tallest buildings and pay a keen interest on the building process and creation of these.  But I just felt empty when I got to the 'top' or should I say the top part that you're allowed access to.

Although you can't take anything away from the sheer scale of it or the architecture involved, I just left feeling disappointed.

Perhaps it's because there's simply nothing to see up there other than sand for 180 degrees, sea for 180 degrees and a tiny slip of concrete way below.

Not even a cafe up there to get a couple beers and an altitude 'heidy' on.  ;D

Take a wrong turning did you?

2gtatlh.jpg

Just checked my holiday snaps and funnily enough I've got the exact same photo.  Albeit on a much shittier day by the looks of things.

45554.jpg

Must have just been the humidity or sand getting kicked up.  Although it was a beautiful day on terra firma, blue skies, not a breath of wind.

Still, quite an empty experience for me, summed up beautifully by the observation deck:

41135.jpg

Not going away this year which is gutting ater last years lads holiday, got a trip away in october to a cabin which has a snooker table, poker and so on in it but I won't be drinking so might just pull out of going.

Howcome, you training?

Not going away this year which is gutting ater last years lads holiday, got a trip away in october to a cabin which has a snooker table, poker and so on in it but I won't be drinking so might just pull out of going.

evil%20dead%20cabin.gif

Are your friends so irritating you can only tolerate their company when halfcut?

Or vice versa?

Howcome, you training?

Yeah, fighting again in August at same level, win that I'll be doing a proper show in November or December hopefully if things work out and I make weights.

Are your friends so irritating you can only tolerate their company when halfcut?

Or vice versa?

Neither, it's a lads weekend away to get utterly ruined, pointless going if i can't drink.

Hawaii is next on my wishlist, nae sure aboot the effin long flights there though  :-\

Hawaii is amazing. We went their in 2004 for out Honeymoon.

My mother and father in law are going there tomorrow for 10 days.

Would be a mega long flight from Scotland, took us longer to fly their from Cleveland than it did to fly to Scotland.