Sunday 12 May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Hibernian v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Introductions

Drewsome

phoenix  , old and in the way , Aberdeen resident since 1978 and country boy before this - Banchory in my primary years , Tarves(Ellon Academy) when in secondary school.

Well on my way to recovering from ass cancer ,( mostly an age-related disease so look efter yersel' ) , the worst is now behind me. Those who have been there before me , 'been there , done that'  tell me once the after effects are over(up to six months) , I could experience a new vigour !    Aye hopin' !    :razz:

Doug Rougie is my all-time favourite player , not simply because of his commitment and defensive skills... mighty tho' these were but also because of the way he rallied the support and wound up the opposition. Fae Ballingry Fife , y'ken ?

Off tae watch St Mirren hump the Hoops....aye hopin' ! 

:thumbsup:

Im Stupie, real name Stu. Pronunciation of Stupie is Stoo-pee just to make that clear that is nae 'pie' or 'pid' as in some folks opinion  ;D

I live in Peterhead, much to my disappointment, but grew up in Cruden Bay for most of my life. I was born in Dumfries, so originally a doonhamer by birth, but always been brought up to follow the dons and I am currently a season ticket holder in the lower RDS.

I work in the motor trade, im a big Guns n Roses fan and love anything football related.

Looking forward to a new start on here after years on Abmad.

phoenix  , old and in the way , Aberdeen resident since 1978 and country boy before this - Banchory in my primary years , Tarves(Ellon Academy) when in secondary school.

Well on my way to recovering from ass cancer ,( mostly an age-related disease so look efter yersel' ) , the worst is now behind me. Those who have been there before me , 'been there , done that'  tell me once the after effects are over(up to six months) , I could experience a new vigour !    Aye hopin' !    :razz:

Doug Rougie is my all-time favourite player , not simply because of his commitment and defensive skills... mighty tho' these were but also because of the way he rallied the support and wound up the opposition. Fae Ballingry Fife , y'ken ?

Off tae watch St Mirren hump the Hoops....aye hopin' ! 

:thumbsup:

Pleased to hear you're recovering min

You seem to have omitted your love of red wine from your intro  ;)

:laughing:

Aye Al...once diagnosed I decided avoiding alcohol might aid recovery. Hivnae had a glass of red...or any other since May 10th , 2014...coming up for a year , which is my target.

Mixed opinion over whether alcohol contributes to ass cancer , some doctors say 'nothing to do with it' , others more cautious say ' follow our guidelines - one of two glasses only' - trouble is , one or two are unlikely to get us intoxicated and I didnae jist drink for the flavour !

I having been drinking for 50 years and curiously hivnae really missed it...maybe due to my condition. Lost three stones too , aboot 12 Kilo...need a new wardrobe.

Hi folks

Really just looking in at the moment but nae bad.

I had a quick look at the hat but....nah.

Anyway, one problem which I'm hoping will be easily fixed.

When I click on a subject it takes me to the 1st page.

How do I set it so that it takes me to the latest posts.

I'm sure I'll work out the avatar thing eventually too.

Donsdaft

Hi folks

Really just looking in at the moment but nae bad.

I had a quick look at the hat but....nah.

Anyway, one problem which I'm hoping will be easily fixed.

When I click on a subject it takes me to the 1st page.

How do I set it so that it takes me to the latest posts.

I'm sure I'll work out the avatar thing eventually too.

Donsdaft

Donsdaft, just got to profile ~ account settings ~ Modify profile ~ look and layout. Tick boxes in there to modify how you see things.

Excellent. I guess that's there because we had a spate of bots signing up and posting nonsense.

Still made more sense than Andrew though.  :thumbsup:

That's not very nice. I never criticise your posts :( I thought I was a long standing member of this forum.

That's not very nice. I never criticise your posts :( I thought I was a long standing member of this forum.

Ha ha, given some of the timings of your posts, he has a point ;) he's only joking

Besides, surely you can take a bit of abuse from a coldplay fan lol

Manc's right, Andrew. Just a wee joke aimed at your habit of posting some less than coherent points when possibly intoxicated.  ;D No offence intended. You are indeed a valued member of our wee community.

By the way I can't help but notice the time at which you posted that.... ;)

Ha ha, given some of the timings of your posts, he has a point ;) he's only joking

Besides, surely you can take a bit of abuse from a coldplay fan lol

cold_play_narrowweb__200x257.jpg

Hey Guys,

Former Ab-Mad user, who’s signed on here due to continuous disasters which have made Ab-Mad unusable. I was a lurker on here in the early 00’s when this was about the only forum going around.

My photos the same from Ab-Mad, which some might recognise, but I’ve changed my Moniker from _WHOOOOOOOSH_ to the above, after my joke of trying to replicate Archie McphersHUNS tag-line backfired drastically, and I was stuck with an incorrect and crappy name for years!  :laughing:

I recognise a few Ab-Mad names on here which has made me sign up, so hopefully a few more of the good posters follow suit (Elionel_Jessi is about the only other name I can’t see on here to sign up, after the public decisions to leave).

Other than that, I’m a red through and through and hope that this site can sate my daily hunger for Aberdeen Forum news (as I’ve been cold turkey from Mad for a while, and back to work and struggling!).

Hey Guys,

Former Ab-Mad user, who’s signed on here due to continuous disasters which have made Ab-Mad unusable. I was a lurker on here in the early 00’s when this was about the only forum going around.

My photos the same from Ab-Mad, which some might recognise, but I’ve changed my Moniker from _WHOOOOOOOSH_ to the above, after my joke of trying to replicate Archie McphersHUNS tag-line backfired drastically, and I was stuck with an incorrect and crappy name for years!  :laughing:

I recognise a few Ab-Mad names on here which has made me sign up, so hopefully a few more of the good posters follow suit (Elionel_Jessi is about the only other name I can’t see on here to sign up, after the public decisions to leave).

Other than that, I’m a red through and through and hope that this site can sate my daily hunger for Aberdeen Forum news (as I’ve been cold turkey from Mad for a while, and back to work and struggling!).

Welcome aboard SdG!  Certainly remember the _whooosh_ name on Mad when i've checked, always wondered why that was  ;D