Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Rumour Factory

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Derek has done well for us this season, and lets be honest Darren is a lot more talented than Derek. I'm not surprised that Darren is coming to us - i'll be more surprised if he doesn't!!!! With Darren Young i think he could do a good job for us but my main concern is he is always injured!!!!

I think Derek has done well for us this season, and lets be honest Darren is a lot more talented than Derek. I'm not surprised that Darren is coming to us - i'll be more surprised if he doesn't!!!! With Darren Young i think he could do a good job for us but my main concern is he is always injured!!!!

Cutting the grass?

If this is true, it basically sums up Calderwood. If he honestly thinks that excuse for a footballer is good enough for us then he should fuck off now. One Young brother was bad enough, but two...

I don't think I've ever witnessed such a short sighted manager when it comes to signings. It's embarrassingly pathetic.

Would it really be a surprise if true though  ???

Lets face it, we all know the extent of JC's scouting network, and we've all speculated for long enough that Darren Young would be back at Pittodrie as soon as his Dunfermline contract ran out >:(

:hammer:  :hammer:  :hammer:  :hammer: :hammer:  :hammer:  :hammer:  :hammer: :hammer:  :hammer:  :hammer:  :hammer: :hammer:  :hammer:  :hammer:  :hammer: :hammer:  :hammer:  :hammer:  :hammer: :hammer:  :hammer:  :hammer:  :hammer: :hammer:  :hammer:  :hammer:  :hammer: :hammer:  :hammer:  :hammer:  :hammer: :hammer:  :hammer:  :hammer:  :hammer: :hammer:  :hammer:  :hammer:  :hammer: :hammer:  :hammer:  :hammer:  :hammer: :hammer:  :hammer:  :hammer:  :hammer: :hammer:  :hammer:  :hammer:  :hammer: :hammer:  :hammer:  :hammer:  :hammer: :hammer:  :hammer:  :hammer:  :hammer: :hammer:  :hammer:  :hammer:  :hammer: :hammer:  :hammer:  :hammer:  :hammer: :hammer:  :hammer:  :hammer:  :hammer: :hammer:  :hammer:  :hammer:  :hammer: :hammer:  :hammer:  :hammer:  :hammer: :hammer:  :hammer:  :hammer:  :hammer: :hammer:  :hammer:  :hammer:  :hammer: :hammer:  :hammer:  :hammer:  :hammer: :hammer:  :hammer:  :hammer:  :hammer: :hammer:  :hammer:  :hammer:  :hammer: :hammer:  :hammer:  :hammer:  :hammer: :hammer:  :hammer:  :hammer:  :hammer: :hammer:  :hammer:  :hammer:  :hammer: :hammer:  :hammer:  :hammer:  :hammer: :hammer:  :hammer:  :hammer:  :hammer: :hammer:  :hammer:  :hammer:  :hammer: :hammer:  :hammer:  :hammer:  :hammer: :hammer:  :hammer:  :hammer:  :hammer: :hammer:  :hammer:  :hammer:  :hammer: :hammer:  :hammer:  :hammer:  :hammer: :hammer:  :hammer:  :hammer:  :hammer: :hammer:  :hammer:  :hammer:  :hammer: :hammer:  :hammer:  :hammer:  :hammer: :hammer:  :hammer:  :hammer:  :hammer: :hammer:  :hammer:  :hammer:  :hammer: :hammer:  :hammer:  :hammer:  :hammer: :hammer:  :hammer:  :hammer:  :hammer: :hammer:  :hammer:  :hammer:  :hammer: :hammer:  :hammer:  :hammer:  :hammer: :hammer:  :hammer:  :hammer:  :hammer: :hammer:  :hammer:  :hammer:  :hammer: :hammer:  :hammer:  :hammer:  :hammer: :hammer:  :hammer:  :hammer:  :hammer:

Guest bloo_toon_red

As always, the proof of the pudding is in the broom cupboard photie.

Until that time, I'll treat this as conjecture.

Don't we all remember Portaloo-gate?

When Dungfermline signed the two of them, I know it was for £650 a week each more than what we had offered them on reduced contracts.

At the time I thought, why the hell would DAFC pay an extra £70k than what those two were worth? No wonder they had/have financial difficulties.

Oh yeah, and it was the orange beaut that signed them.

Guest bloo_toon_red

No ???

When we began a rumour on these here boards that Portaloo was to be the new Dundee Utd manager and it ended up in the Sun a few days later???

Guest ally s

I don't believe this for a minute (or perhaps more like I don't want to believe it).  I'll wait and see if it comes to anything.  Darren Young is a huge step backwards, Dunfermline fans will be jumping for joy if this is true, he's been awful for DAFC for the past 3 seasons.

Guest bloo_toon_red

Sorry BTR, course I remembered, just couldn't resist saying no, to see who would take the bait ;)

I will consider myself chastised and expect nothing less than a BOOOOOOOOOOOOO to be added to my score :(

Shame on you.

And shame on me too.

Thats just it though, I don't care if he's better than his brother, its not the way the club should be going. If this is actually true I'll be raging because we should be looking forward, and there are more than three clubs in Scotland. It would just highlight jimmy's laziness. But as I said, i'll reserve judgement until if and when its comfirmed. Funnily enough, was on the DAFC.net board and they seem to have the same complaints with their manager. If they haven't played with him, he won't look at/sign them.

Not an inspiring signing, but he's a better player than his brother, and his brother has surprised many of us this year.

Still think we should be looking elsewhere though.

The only surprising thing about his brother is that he hasn't been as bad as we all expected.

On one of the Dunfermline forums they're saying that they're delighted if this is true as Young (snr.) hasn't played a good game for 3 years... great!

Got a text from a mate saying we have signed Darren Young on a pre-contract today. I see the same rumour is running on mad at the moment from a text. Anyone else heard the same thing, or able to please quash this!

Hopefully it's not true

He's one of those players who gets mentioned whenever we are on a signing spree, only now that his brother is back they have ecome more frequent.

I wouldn't worry about it till it happens, this has to be about the 6th or 7th time he's apparently signed in the last 4 years.