Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Rumour Factory

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because he has played at a high level of football and has a SFA "B" license coaching badge, I am prepared to accept that I am wrong in my opinion of who the better player is, much as you would with people of any profession.

In spite of the fact that, in this particular instance, it would seem there are very few takers for his opinion, yourself included?

I'm always to ready to accept a high level of wrongness. I have low standards though. ;)

Aye, but Ricky Foster scored against Copenhagen. Don't see any clubs lining up to sign him!!

Duff nearly scored against Hibernian. Unfortunately, I don't see anybody lining up to sign him.

Ryan Strachan wins the most prestigious monthly prize that a Scottish youth footballer can win ... and we bin him :hammer:

Kin hell Reekie, all I was doing was trying to give some information on who the guy was, and the goal against Everton was the last time I can think of him being in the public eye - hence the reason I said i didn't know enough about him to comment!  :wave:

another day, another rumour.

I hope someone is keeping a note of all these  ::)

Exclusive: Aberdeen target McDonald

Midfielder wants talks

By Andrew Moir

Published: 29/04/2008

TARGET: Oldham midfielder Gary McDonald wants to join Aberdeen.

More Pictures

ABERDEEN boss Jimmy Calderwood is ready to launch a bid for Oldham midfielder Gary McDonald.

The 26-year-old former Kilmarnock man is available on a free transfer in the summer.

Oldham want to keep the Scot while Brighton are also keen but he wants to sign for the Dons.

“I can’t say too much about things but I expect to speak to Aberdeen this week,†said McDonald.

“But I would rather any further details were discussed with my agent at this stage.â€

McDonald made 116 appearances for Killie and scored four goals for the Rugby Park club before his move south.

He established himself as a key figure at Boundary Park making 49 appearances for Oldham last season, scoring seven goals from a central midfield berth for the Football League One side.

Meanwhile, St Mirren defender David van Zanten has been quoted as another potential summer signing target.

Career Stats:

http://www.soccerbase.com/players_details.sd?playerid=26387

ABERDEEN MAKE MCDONALD APPROACH

Posted on: Tue 29 Apr 2008

Club officials have confirmed that Scottish Premier League outfit Aberdeen are in talks with midfielder Gary McDonald.

Athletic have made a "realistic" contract offer of their own to the player, who joined the club from Kilmarnock on a two-year deal in summer 2006.

Manager John Sheridan is keen to keep the 26-year-old, who has been a regular during his two seasons in charge.

The Boundary Park chief has offered McDonald a new two-year contract, which he is currently mulling over.

Chief executive Alan Hardy said:  "We have offered Gary a new two-year deal which he is now considering.

"We are aware of interest from Aberdeen, and under FIFA regulations they're quite entitled to make an approach to the player.

"Obviously we are keen to keep Gary; otherwise we wouldn't have made the offer of a new contract.

"He is a key player who, by scoring against Everton, registered one of the most important goals in the club's recent history."

As McDonald is out of contract in June, FIFA regulations state other clubs are entitled to make an approach or a pre-contract offer to him.

Mr Hardy added that the Scottish club had done everything by the book during their approach.

Now Athletic must play the waiting game as the Scot weighs up his options.

"Aberdeen have spoken to me about it and have confirmed everything via email," he explained.

"It's difficult to say what will happen from here.  Obviously Gary has roots in Scotland.

"We will simply have to wait and see what transpires."

McDonald has made a total of 91 appearances for the club so far, finding the net on 12 occasions.

A tally of five strikes this season places him third in the club's goalscoring charts for 2007/08.

http://www.oldhamathletic.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsUpdate/0,,10337~1301331,00.html#continue

A new name to chuck in the hat. Dyon Camero

ZUTPHEN - The oldest of youth football club FC Zutphen has caught the title last Saturday in the third division. In the championship was Alcides easily with 5-0 reports.

Zutphen-peak Dyon Camero departed the day after the championship directly to Aberdeen. The attacker works as a oefenstage out of the Scottish subtopper.

http://www.destentor.nl/sport/grootdeventer/3053341/FC-Zutphen-A1-naar-tweede-divisie.ece