Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Rumour Factory

BBC rumour column again...

Oldham midfielder Gary McDonald is wanted by Aberdeen. (Daily Star)

This is the boy that scored against someone in the cup this year, can't remember who - used to play for Killie.

Don't really know enough about him to comment to be honest.

EDIT: It was Everton.

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great post min, my sentiments exactly.

January they pulled the plug on the season.  Short changed the fans thinking they'd be happy with their little lot.

Cunts.

We are in a cycle thanks to the amount of debt we have accumulated. Same thing happened to Skovdahl. The season after we finished 3rd in the League his budget was drastically cut.

The debt is the problem and until we sell the stadium land we are going to be stuck in this cycle for the time being.

I don't blame Milne wholly for this. The board lacked foresight when overspending and Scottish football became a victim of circumstance when the TV money ran dry (large part thanks to the Old Firm). I also don't expect Milne to chuck his own money at it but like a lot of people wish he would.

Oldham midfielder Gary McDonald is wanted by Aberdeen. (Daily Star)

This is the boy that scored against someone in the cup this year

Aye, but Ricky Foster scored against Copenhagen. Don't see any clubs lining up to sign him!!

Duff nearly scored against Hibernian. Unfortunately, I don't see anybody lining up to sign him.

Ryan Strachan wins the most prestigious monthly prize that a Scottish youth footballer can win ... and we bin him :hammer:

Guest bloo_toon_red

I'm going to play Devil's Advocate here again - why would it be OK for us to sign those two First Division players from Dundee and maybe even Ryan Stevenson from Ayr, but not Darren Young, a player with a proven record in the SPL?

Lack of imagination perhaps, but is he any worse than any of the other midfielders we have?  That for me is the bottom line and I doubt that many people here will have seen Darren Young play in the last year.

The difference is that players like Dixon and to a lesser extent Stevenson are young and have potential to improve quite a lot, Darren Young peaked years ago, we know what he is capable of and at his best, he was barely better than average.

Lack of imagination perhaps, but is he any worse than any of the other midfielders we have?  That for me is the bottom line and I doubt that many people here will have seen Darren Young play in the last year.

Not many Dunfermline fans have either mate.

He probably isn't any worse but he isn't any BETTER.

220px-G-string-example.jpg

For me that's the bottom line.

Guest bloo_toon_red

The difference is that players like Dixon and to a lesser extent Stevenson are young and have potential to improve quite a lot, Darren Young peaked years ago, we know what he is capable of and at his best, he was barely better than average.

Do we though?  Do we really know?  Anybody here got coaching badges and know better than the Aberdeen coaching staff?  Cos here's the thing, we all think we know, but I know we don't know what we really think we know, you know?

Do we though?  Do we really know?  Anybody here got coaching badges and know better than the Aberdeen coaching staff?  Cos here's the thing, we all think we know, but I know we don't know what we really think we know, you know?

Thankyou mister Rumsfeld.

It's one of those known unknowns again isn't it?

I hope this will be remembered when the next volley of abuse comes marauding out yer mooth! ;)

Well if he played here for 5 years and didn't show us what he was capable of then went to Dunfermline for 3 years and barely kicked a ball, then I'd reckon he was a bone idle workshy fop that we shouldn't touch with a shitty stick.

Not really much point in us discussing any of it then, eh?

And it should be said here that people who say that you have to have played the game (professionally) to have any sort of respected opinion are talking out of their hoop. Because, simply, that would then imply that everyone who has played the game, has the same opinion, and they don't.

I would normally agree with this. But anybody who's been an Aberdeen fan for the past ten years or so knows EXACTLY what Darren Young is capable of.

If seven years wasn't enough time for Darren to show us what he was capable of, what the hell is he going to have done to improve himself in four years at Dunfermline??????

Not really much point in us discussing any of it then, eh?

And it should be said here that people who say that you have to have played the game (professionally) to have any sort of respected opinion are talking out of their hoop. Because, simply, that would then imply that everyone who has played the game, has the same opinion, and they don't.

It would also imply that fitba players are intelligent enough to impart that opinion.

Well if he played here for 5 years and didn't show us what he was capable of then went to Dunfermline for 3 years and barely kicked a ball, then I'd reckon he was a bone idle workshy fop that we shouldn't touch with a shitty stick.

He's played more games for Dunfermline than he did for Aberdeen.

Guest bloo_toon_red

Thankyou mister Rumsfeld.

It's one of those known unknowns again isn't it?

I hope this will be remembered when the next volley of abuse comes marauding out yer mooth! ;)

Joking aside, the person we were with on Saturday has played with both Scott Severin and Darren Young and I would take his word over my own, even if I do personally think Severin is the better player.

Joking aside, the person we were with on Saturday has played with both Scott Severin and Darren Young and I would take his word over my own, even if I do personally think Severin is the better player.

So you would or wouldn't take his word over your own? I'm baffled now.

Opinions are like arseholes anyway . . . .  ;)

A lot of folk say "You should never go back, because it's never as good the second time around", well, it was never that good the first time around. So HOW bad is it going to be this time (if he does come back).

Like Slim said I'd rather have some young hungry guys that may improve by working on their talent, rather than a Young trying to resurrect his fading career after wasting his talent.

Guest bloo_toon_red

So you would or wouldn't take his word over your own?

Because he has played at a high level of football and has a SFA "B" license coaching badge, I am prepared to accept that I am wrong in my opinion of who the better player is, much as you would with people of any profession.

Because he has played at a high level of football and has a SFA "B" license coaching badge, I am prepared to accept that I am wrong in my opinion of who the better player is, much as you would with people of any profession.

Surely in most cases it is obvious who is better than who, whether he has played professionally or not, doesn't mean his opinion is right. If you've played the game, grown up with it, watched it for many years, in the flesh and on the box, then surely you're entitled to have an opinion and pass comment? Some opinions you will have are stronger than others, but you have to believe in something. And as for coaching badges, they mean jack shit.