Saturday 20th April 2024:  kick-off 12.30pm

Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Rumour Factory

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

His high profile clients are Thompson, Severin, Goncalves, Goodwillie and don't forget McNamara, either seve is moving or we are taking in Thomo or the hearts left back Goncalves.

And sneckie the passport pictures are rather creepy like and do make them look like they were just on crimewatch.

Sounds like the kind of player who would we would build up so much but it would be all in vain and ultimately it would end badly.

NB. For the purposes of clarifying accuracies I know its arteries!

Can I just saying I'm loving the insanity of the Jim Hamilton to return panic thread on mad  :rofl:

Who makes this stuff up  :wanker:

Aye seen that one, just about spat my lunch o'er the laptop when i read the title ::)

Here is one average defender we have been linked who we wont be signing.

Hibs snatch defender Van Zanten  

David Van Zanten is signing a three year deal at Hibs

Hibernian are poised to sign defender David Van Zanten from St Mirren on a three-year deal.

Dublin-born Van Zanten was previously on the books at Celtic before signing for St Mirren in 2003.

Hibs boss Mixu Paatelainen was a team-mate of the 25-year old during his stint at Love Street as a player.

"David was a player I admired when I worked with him at Love St and I look as him as a great prospect for the Hibernian football club," he said.

Guest ally s

Don't rate Van Zanten that highly. I'd like us to make a move for Garry Hay, Killie's financial position is said to be dire so it wouldn't take a lot of money to buy him.

Garry Hay is a decent left back/midfielder.

He is currently club captian at Killie and see that he is close to being 31 and been at Rugby Park all his professional career. Not sure if he is out of contract in the summer or not though ???

CARDIFF goalkeeper David Forde has turned down a move to Millwall in favour of SPL side Aberdeen, according to the South London Press.

Forde has been on-loan at Bournemouth this season and denied Neil Harris from the penalty spot when The Lions visited Dean Court last month.

Formerly with West Ham, the Irish 28 year-old has also spent a season with Luton Town since moving to Ninian Park in 2005.

Manager Kenny Jackett has made it clear in recent weeks that a shot-stopper is near the top of his priority list following the surprise departure of Rhys Evans from the club.

http://www.millwall.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=506427

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.southend.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=110322

Rumours abound in Wolverhampton that defender Charlie Mulgrew is being targetted by Aberdeen for a move to the Scottish Premier League.

Dons Manager Jimmy Calderwood has identified his leaky defence (which has conceded 58 goals in 37 SPL matches so far this season) as the area for improvement if his charges are to put the disappointment of missing out on UEFA cup football behind them and challenge strongly in 2008-2009.

Vital Southend has been in contact with Black Country sources to get the lowdown on target Denas Rosa and has uncovered the news of the attempted swoop on main summer target Mulgrew instead.

'I can see the granite city appealing to Charlie, to be honest' said our source. 'After all it is top flight football, much as he has thoroughly enjoyed his loan spell with Southend.'

Mulgrew has impressed in his time on loan with the Shrimpers and manager Steve Tilson is keen to secure his services on a permanent basis. It would appear that he will now need to move fast in order to pull off the deal in the few extra days grace given to him by the extension of the Scottish season to assist Rangers push for UEFA cup glory. Aberdeen are expected to make an official move within days of the final whistle in Scotland on Thursday night..

http://www.southend.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=110401

Hot on the heels of yesterdays breaking news about Aberdeen's bid to sign Charlie Mulgrew from under the noses of Southend comes the news that Denas Rosa is also a target for the Scottish club.

Southend are ready to pay £350k for the 2 players but Aberdeen are ready to match that and hope the offer of top flight football can persuade the 2 Wolves men to move North of the Border.

Southend's hope rest on Charlie Mulgrew wanting to extend his stay in Southend and being part of a promotion bid.

Aberdeen are also close to agreeing a £100k deal for Richie Foran. Foran played for Motherwell and is keen on a return to Scotland.

Whilst the loss of Foran won't be a major one, the loss of potential signings from a top level Championship club would be an early kick in the teeth for Steve Tilson

Guest bloo_toon_red

I'd definitely take Mulgrew.  Did very well when on loan at Dundee Utd a couple of years back, good player, takes a good free-kick if memory serves correctly...

Don't know much about Rosa, but if he was loaned out to Cheltenham, our man Baggy89 will no doubt be familiar with him...

I'd definitely take Mulgrew.  Did very well when on loan at Dundee Utd a couple of years back, good player, takes a good free-kick if memory serves correctly...

Don't know much about Rosa, but if he was loaned out to Cheltenham, our man Baggy89 will no doubt be familiar with him...

Completely agree, Mulgrew would be a very good signing for us I think. I still think we should try and sign a Polish guy to try and bump up the crowds a bit more.

Completely agree, Mulgrew would be a very good signing for us I think. I still think we should try and sign a Polish guy to try and bump up the crowds a bit more.

Good thinking.

Take it the boy that scored 3 or 4 when we beat Fraserburgh 9-0 is not longer available?

I'd also definately take Mulgrew!

Not convinced by Mulgrew, he's a bit too Scott Morrison for my liking. Good left peg on him but shit at defending. Utd fans I have spoke to reckon he fired in a few good free kicks in his first couple of games but was fairly average after that. He's since failed to make an impression at Celtic and Wolves. I'd rather have Dixon from Dundee, from the sounds of it, he's a far better prospect.

Not convinced by Mulgrew, he's a bit too Scott Morrison for my liking. Good left peg on him but shit at defending. Utd fans I have spoke to reckon he fired in a few good free kicks in his first couple of games but was fairly average after that. He's since failed to make an impression at Celtic and Wolves. I'd rather have Dixon from Dundee, from the sounds of it, he's a far better prospect.

I'd be happy enough with the signing of either, both are authentic left full/wing backs.

I would be happier with Dixon though, potential to be fulfilled rather than thus far unfulfilled.

Denise wouldn't fit with Jimmy's Giants idea as he's a short arse,he was only with us (Cheltenham) a short while and was off the pace for a good part of his loan but came onto a game towards the end. Great touch and good "football brain" i.e. always finding space and could pick a pass (sometimes too clever for some of our other players though), didn't look feart to get stuck in either. I have a funny feeling he may have been two footed also, will check with a mate who is bound to remember better than me. I was dissapointed we didn't get to keep him longer and think he would be a decent signing for us (Aberdeen). As an indication in his two (I think) months with us he got his own song, however obvious, so must have been doing something right.