Saturday 20th April 2024:  kick-off 12.30pm

Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Rumour Factory

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some of you may have noticed I'm a JC supporter but even I'm wondering if he's doing it deliberately now.

I actually said from the start that I thought Deek would be an ok signing and he's been just that.

As a standalone signing I wouldn't be too unhappy with the elder Young but in context I think Calderwood would be taking a huge risk by living up to his characature in signing him.

Whatever, I can't see JC lasting the season anyway. Regardless of our signings or performance.

Some of you may have noticed I'm a JC supporter but even I'm wondering if he's doing it deliberately now.

I actually said from the start that I thought Deek would be an ok signing and he's been just that.

As a standalone signing I wouldn't be too unhappy with the elder Young but in context I think Calderwood would be taking a huge risk by living up to his characature in signing him.

Whatever, I can't see JC lasting the season anyway. Regardless of our signings or performance.

I agree completely Bilbo. :(

I hope so Bilbo  ;D;)

Falkirk not exactly loving john stewart either and he did rip us apart 2 weeks back

So lets start the list of the 12 that are probably in JC's sights

Darren Young

Ryan Esson

John Stewart

Stevie Crawford

Scott Morrison

Phil Mcguire

Paul Sheerin

Scott Muirhead

Steven Payne

Ivo Den Beeman

Guido Van der Camp

Lindsay Hamilton

Scott Thomson

:-\ This could actually be true

Falkirk not exactly loving john stewart either and he did rip us apart 2 weeks back

So lets start the list of the 12 that are probably in JC's sights

Darren Young

Ryan Esson

John Stewart

Stevie Crawford

Scott Morrison

Phil Mcguire

Paul Sheerin

Scott Muirhead

Steven Payne

Ivo Den Beeman

Guido Van der Camp

Lindsay Hamilton

Scott Thomson

:-\ This could actually be true

I used to think you were alright Tom...

are we not maybe jumping the gun in our possible suicide

Darren Young may just have been re-newing his season ticket. After all he seemed to be spending the majority of his weekends at dons matches this season.

If only he'd paid for those tickets... it might have been the difference in getting David Rowson ahead of him....

Not an inspiring signing, but he's a better player than his brother, and his brother has surprised many of us this year.

I disagree. Derek was the more committed player. Sure, Darren had the skill, but he very rarely used it. He was made to look better than he was because Roberto Bisconti was basically nursing Darren through the Aberdeen midfield. When Bisconti stopped playing for us, Darren was found out for the shite that we knew he always was. And when the chips were down, he "did a Severin" and started blaming others.

At least Derek keeps his head up when the shit is hitting the fan. He always seems to try his best regardless of how shite everyone else is doing at the time.

The only contract I will be happy to see Darren sign is one that says "I hereby agree to never set foot in Aberdeen again".

oh  FFS

That's hardly a bright new future, is it? 

Aye.. moving back to Scotland this autumn and it looks as if, almost seven years on, I'll be going back to watching Ryan Esson and the Youngs in Dons shirts.

Any room for David Rowson whilst we're at it?

I find this a bit o a nightmare.  After years in the doldrums with pish managers playing pish players, we fianly manage to get out of the spiral and look to a new future, in the top six, cup runs and back into Europe. Now in HALF A SEASON that looks to be flushed down the pan. Back to terrible goal differences, inconsistent form and most notably of all, a COMPLETE lack of quality in the entire team.  If these signings are true, this will be one massive step backwards with regards to the mentality of the powers that be at Pittodrie. At this point in time we have failed to do what any other team would have done and that is to build on the quality that was present last season.  It will take Calderwood his entire three years to rebuild to somewhere close to where we were. Fair enough, we werent exactly sorted in every department last season, but we had enough quality in the backbone of the team that one or two places could be filled in with "make do players".

If this is the standard of signing hat is going to be made in the close season I will become very worried indeed.