Wednesday 1 May 2024:  kick-off 7.05pm

Scottish Youth Cup Final - Aberdeen v Rangers

Live on the BBC Scotland channel

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Aberdeen V Bonnyrigg Rose

2 hours ago, RicoS321 said:

Super fans like me need to top up our status somehow, otherwise it would be unfair.

Seems fair enough, although I don't want to be greedy and am going to pass on this one.

Can't see there being fighting outside Pittodrie to get my six points 😉 

• Like 1

MASSIVE opportunity the Scottish Cup presents us this season.  Drawing Clyde and Bonnyrigg means we effectively have to win three proper games to lift a trophy.  We've only won 13 domestic cups in 121 years, we should be chucking all our in eggs in one basket for this competition, you don't get any trophies for finishing third in the league. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jute said:

Ticket prices are decent as well. 

£15 will buy you your 6 loyalty points (£10 if you are an old bastard like Al) which will hopefully help boost the crowd. 

H'min, I've never had discounted rates at the fitba, yet 😂

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, manc_don said:

Bump. 

hope sales improve a wee bit. Weren’t going well a week ago. Unsurprisingly 

I suspect it being Colin's first home match will add a few to the crowd, although still far from convinced it'll be that large a crowd.

15 minutes ago, BigAl said:

I suspect it being Colin's first home match will add a few to the crowd, although still far from convinced it'll be that large a crowd.

A fool and their money are easily parted to be fair 

What crowd would we normally get for a game like this? 7/8000? If my calculations are correct,and with STs not valid,it looks like less than 5000 tickets left for sale? That canna be right, .....someone else want to hae a gander?

Saying that,my n'bour who hasnt been to Pittodrie for a few years is heading along,..and coming with me to the 'Well game in midweek,so who knows??

Oot - working up North

Prediction 0 - 3 Bonnyrigg

Saw Bonnyrigg play Elgin on Tuesday and while they look a better side than Clyde they looked pretty limited and we should be winning this easily at home. A side we would have beaten even with Robson in charge. Might have been harder if we were playing away from home as the slope on their pitch has to be seen to be believed. 

IMG_9476.jpeg

From the club:

Help us fill Pittodrie with colour as we welcome Neil Warnock this Saturday for the first time for our match with Bonnyrigg Rose.
The Display Team are arranging a Tifo in the RDS Lower for Saturday’s match and a number of flags will also be set out in the South Stand to be used as the teams emerge from the tunnel.
If you are available to assist in the set up please send your name and Dons ID to marketing@afc.co.uk.
Time: Saturday, 10am-11.30am
Place: Sir Alex Ferguson Statue outside RDS

Just watched the pre match presser.  The first few questions he came across as a bit senile and just waffled bland platitudes. 

As depressing as this is to say given what is still up for grabs, right now I just want this season to be over.  

11 hours ago, tlg1903 said:

Just watched the pre match presser.  The first few questions he came across as a bit senile and just waffled bland platitudes. 

As depressing as this is to say given what is still up for grabs, right now I just want this season to be over.  

I don’t. I want to win a cup!

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Madbadteacher said:

I don’t. I want to win a cup!

Would love to see us win the cup but not sure how a lower league joker from England who’s never won the cup in his career is going to suddenly do that. 

With Tlg on this quicker this season is over and Warnock fucks off back to England with a pile of our money the better. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jute said:

Would love to see us win the cup but not sure how a lower league joker from England who’s never won the cup in his career is going to suddenly do that. 

With Tlg on this quicker this season is over and Warnock fucks off back to England with a pile of our money the better. 

Maybe he'll be like a lower league joker (from Scotland) who'd never won a cup in his career (and didn't again) until he managed the Dons - Ally McLeod.

13 minutes ago, dons8321 said:

Maybe he'll be like a lower league joker (from Scotland) who'd never won a cup in his career (and didn't again) until he managed the Dons - Ally McLeod.

Funny you say that, heard a couple of people compare warnock to McLeod.

really keen to see us play well although until we have two wingers/wide mids our performances will be limited. Saying that, still shooting for 6-0 today!

5 minutes ago, Kowalski said:

IMG_5311.jpeg

Hmmm. I’m assuming it’s trying to be a better team and not squad rotation? Roos dropped is understandable, gartenmann has a foot issue? Play duk and morris to give us width? Good central balance with shinnie polvara and clarkson?

time will tell!

6 hours ago, Jute said:

We get the message, now give it a fucking rest and support your team!