Wednesday 1 May 2024:  kick-off 7.05pm

Scottish Youth Cup Final - Aberdeen v Rangers

Live on the BBC Scotland channel

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

January 2024 Transfer Window

21 minutes ago, manc_don said:

His post didn’t fill me with great confidence. As long as it’s south of the border and at seasons end as a minimum, I’m ok with it.

Aye that did have ready to move on ring to it.

I would say his best bet is back to Europe. English game might be a bit too physical for him. 

46 minutes ago, Jute said:

Aye that did have ready to move on ring to it.

I would say his best bet is back to Europe. English game might be a bit too physical for him. 

My feeling is he will end up in Serie A 2bh and I wouldn't be shocked if it was Bologna again. I'm hoping for about 6 mill + sell on fee but time will tell.  I also doubt he will be here come February 2bh but would be delighted to be proven wrong.  

10 hours ago, tlg1903 said:

My feeling is he will end up in Serie A 2bh and I wouldn't be shocked if it was Bologna again. I'm hoping for about 6 mill + sell on fee but time will tell.  I also doubt he will be here come February 2bh but would be delighted to be proven wrong.  

I’d hope for a wee bit more than that though 😬

56 minutes ago, Jute said:

According to Burrows the club turned down a bid of that level at the end of the last window. If that’s true then would expect more that to be topped in this window given how well he has played. European exposure will hopefully helped as well. 

Exactly. £6M plus Gueye.

1 hour ago, manc_don said:

I see Southampton are being linked with miovski, now there’s a surprise 😂 still , given it’s England I’d like £10m min please 😬

I'm not sure how much truth there is in the Southampton link. It could potentially just be lazy journalism given the Mowbray connection ❓

3 hours ago, BigAl said:

See the Weegie media still hell bent on pedalling the Miovski to Tattie Dome theory, and Shankland to Huns.

Next they'll be moaning why no one can launch a sustained challenge to the erse cheeks

Is it a theory if the Old Firm actually are interested in the two players?

What I find laughable about this is that folks seriously think the tim board will sanction the kind of bid that cormack would need to justify selling to a domestic rival.  For that I think it would need to be a bid approaching 8 figures in size and they will never spend that on a player from another Scottish club. 

17 minutes ago, tlg1903 said:

What I find laughable about this is that folks seriously think the tim board will sanction the kind of bid that cormack would need to justify selling to a domestic rival.  For that I think it would need to be a bid approaching 8 figures in size and they will never spend that on a player from another Scottish club. 

You know that, I know that but your average Tim is a deluded fuck with an inflated sense of self entitlement

56 minutes ago, Panda said:

It's a collective term used for the teams who play at Ibrox and Celtic Park.

Whether you believe one of them is a new club or not, the above still stands.

In your opinion Panda, not necessarily a widely held or popular belief but still peddled by the those that are frightened in case they upset them

1 minute ago, BigAl said:

Whatever

Agree to disagree.

Far too many in the scottish media brown arse the pair of them.

Yep, they had live commentary of the Hun game tonight alongside the obvious game of the day being the Edinburgh derby. If anyone else's game had been on tonight, they'd have just - correctly - have done commentary for one game. I doubt the commentary slot will be deployed elsewhere and the main radio Scotland channel will be returned to a best of Brian Burnett or some shite. It's a massive, destructive, bias. It occurs because they view impartiality through the lens of two teams rather than the entire league (thus, you have to broadcast a Hun game because you broadcast a Tim game yesterday). I don't believe Panda would be terrified of the reprisals of not calling them the old firm, but the BBC most certainly are. At no point would the BBC air (and stand by) the factually correct and impartial view that the Huns are not the same team as prior to 2012 and so they would no longer be referring to them as the old firm for the sake of both accuracy and to ensure that another liquidation left off can be encouraged in future.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, RicoS321 said:

Yep, they had live commentary of the Hun game tonight alongside the obvious game of the day being the Edinburgh derby. If anyone else's game had been on tonight, they'd have just - correctly - have done commentary for one game.

Sportsound was actually due to be presented live from Pittodrie...

I doubt the commentary slot will be deployed elsewhere and the main radio Scotland channel will be returned to a best of Brian Burnett or some shite.

Likewise, the Rangers game was never going to be on the radio.

I don't believe Panda would be terrified of the reprisals of not calling them the old firm, but the BBC most certainly are.

Reprisals from who? Only one half of the Old Firm (deliberate use) recognise it as the Old Firm derby.

6 minutes ago, RicoS321 said:

No, it means being accurate regardless of partisan beliefs. For the betterment of, and justice within, the game.

You can call it the Old Firm and still believe Rangers are a new club.

In my case, you can call it the Old Firm and not give a toss about it because whether they're a new club or not doesn't change the league table or the Viaplay Cup final result.