Wednesday 1 May 2024:  kick-off 7.05pm

Scottish Youth Cup Final - Aberdeen v Rangers

Live on the BBC Scotland channel

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

January 2024 Transfer Window

7 hours ago, Panda said:

Are they both genuinely shit or is Robson just not picking them?

We'd be saying MacDonald is a waste too if we hadn't already seen him play last season.

I would say though that we should make another stab for Mattie Pollock. Just three substitute appearances this season for Watford, he was tweeting about Aberdeen the other day when we made the cup final which - as everyone knows - is his way of saying he wants to sign a three-year deal.

Other than that we don't need to sign anyone. Squad is fine as long as no-one gets sold. Robson is learning and improving on the job all the time. Save the transfer cash and put it towards improving the transport options to Kingsford ahead of the new stadium being built.

Is the rest of the £25m going to be in add-ons?

It troubles me that our future manager Andrew Considine is now learning from Craig Levein.

Robson is learning and improving all the time. Interesting comment. Debatable too. I assume he is learning but what knowledge/ability did he have to begin with and at what rate is he learning? I’ve yet to see enough to suggest he’s what we want or need.

• 3 weeks later...

Miovski wanted by Celtic, according to the Sun.

I imagine he would jump at the move. Is a better player than Oh, and with the Asian Cup in January he'd get plenty of chances so wouldn't be going straight to their bench.

£5m and a sell on clause probably enough to persuade us. Possibly a player on loan to sweeten the deal.

59 minutes ago, Panda said:

Miovski wanted by Celtic, according to the Sun.

I imagine he would jump at the move. Is a better player than Oh, and with the Asian Cup in January he'd get plenty of chances so wouldn't be going straight to their bench.

£5m and a sell on clause probably enough to persuade us. Possibly a player on loan to sweeten the deal.

If there’s interest any chance of getting a player or two plus cash? Mikey Johnson, ralston, vata?? Ship has sailed obviously with scales. Or are they out of our wage structure?

I'm not 100% certain Bojan would jump at a move to Celtic.

Can see why you'd think that as pretty much guaranteed domestic medals, but it might well be that he views his time at us as the pathway to a bigger league, which obviously Celtic don't offer 

These bastards have £70m, allegedly a sitting in the bank, show us 10% of it up front and we'll talk 

1 hour ago, wokinginashearerwonderland said:

We should point blank say he is not for sale until the end of the season.  We are 3 points off the bottom of the league, now is not the time to be selling our best player.  God knows how many points we would have had by now if Miovski had not been in the team this season 😬

"He's the worst player in the league" @redordead ™

• Like 2

Any transfer gossip??? I’m assuming McKenna is being transferred in January given he’s been punted to training with the reserves or equivalent, that may bring some funds our way. 
hoping dadia and Williams move back to their clubs, that frees up two loaner spots if their is such a thing. Wonder if the priority is some width to allow us to play more than just a 3-5-2. While we’re all delighted morris is back, I think we have to sign a right mid and with that we have the players to play 4-4-2 or at least a team with wingers/width from midfield. I think Mackenzie, Hayes, and Jensen have left back covered and I’d like to see mcgarry given a run at left mid. Sign a right mid and a Rama replacement and I think we’re good.

priority 1 has to be the center mid, and more regarding baccus, out of contract in the summer??

5 hours ago, OrlandoDon said:

While we’re all delighted morris is back,

That's strike one 

5 hours ago, OrlandoDon said:

4 hours ago, OrlandoDon said:

Package deal, manager and player, plus the central defender they had last year, worth a look?

That's strike two.

You're on your final warning Orlando.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Panda said:

That's strike one 

That's strike two.

You're on your final warning Orlando.

Kinda aroused thinking about this, send or dadia packing and recall Richardson, Morris and Richardson double team pounding our opponents down the right, we’ll have third locked up by Valentine’s Day!

• Haha 1

All right, now that Europe and the cup are out of the way, for Christmas and January can we please get a new formation? I think that’s our downfall and much of the reason we are for the most part a shit watch. We also don’t need to be a counter attacking team (our league opponents are not that good and we need to dictate on the front foot). We need to be more attack minded with more attack minded players on the field, specifically wingers. Pains me to watch us without them. The three at the back shit isn’t working well and the whole reason we went to 3 was to play 2 up top to accommodate duk since we found out he couldn’t play wide. We changed our whole formation for him and it’s not worth it.

Send or dadia and Williams back from loans to free up squad space and some money. Obviously we could see Barron and miovski move in this window, possibly even duk, but frees up money. Polvara replaced Barron short term, soklar for miovski, and if duk goes give young bavidge or Duncan the minutes.

obviously Roos is our keeper, devlin right back, I’d be intrigued if we could sign Matty pollock, name been mentioned a couple of times of late and not playing regularly at present, alongside Jensen or Macdonald, with Jensen or Mackenzie at left back. 

sign a proper right midfielder for certain and let Hayes and mcgarry share/compete for left mid but that’s an area to upgrade in the summer (needed as mcgarry may not be good enough and Hayes is in clear decline.) Sign a Rama type center mid to play alongside shinnie and clarkson, with miovski up top. I’m saying 4-2-3-1 with three in mid attacking to support miovski (soklar if bojan is sold.) 

you’ve got ruby, gartenmann, Barron, McGrath, duk, polvara, morris, Milne, and Duncan as back up/off the bench.

the current formation is based around counter attacking and direct play. It hasn’t worked this season other than games in Europe, but we don’t see that level of opponent and different tactics are certainly needed domestically. I think this is a must, while Europe was fun and a cup final, the Robson experiment isn’t working and I hope he sees it’s formation that needs changing (sadly I doubt he’ll change it.) I don’t think anyone here can really argue 3-5-2 is the way to go and that we’re a good watch at present. 

Edited by OrlandoDon
  • Like 1