Jump to content

Wednesday 19th June 2024

Euro 2024 -  🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 Scotland v 🇨🇭Switzerland

kick-off 8pm

January 2024 Transfer Window


Recommended Posts

It's never too early to get this up and running although Rico might have an alternative view on this.

So what's everyone's wishes for the next transfer window. 

Could we send Dadia & Williams back to their respective parent clubs and replace them with other loans or if the right caliber of player is available within the budget then perhaps permanent signings.

Any chance we could get Gartenmann on a permanent in January ?

Could do with a real winger, remember not that long ago when we had loads of them.

Not really window related but extended deals for Barron and Roos would be welcome.

downside of the window is going to be the attention that Miovski is guaranteed to be getting. Think we'll do well to still have come the window closure.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Jute said:

A winger has to be a priority in the next window along with a replacement for Ramadani. Suspect Williams and Dadia might be returning to their parent clubs so might see another couple of loans in coming. 

How do you play a winger in the formation we play??? We’re more or less married to the 352 with wing backs. 
I’d say two center midfielders. Shinnie is going to get burned out, maybe even injured. The imbalance of our team is awful, we were successful with shinnie and Rama, I’d say we need two more of that!

Baccus at st mirren any good? I wondered in the summer given how badly we needed to replace Rama, that st mirren asked for too much and we can get him on a pre contract in January, maybe permanent at a much more reasonable price??

Edited by OrlandoDon
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, OrlandoDon said:

How do you play a winger in the formation we play??? We’re more or less married to the 352 with wing backs. 

You don't, in any meaningful sense. Even though we do have options to do just that. Simply shunt everyone across one clockwise (starting at Devlin) and switch to a four at the back, taking McGrath or Clarkson off for a right winger in a 4-4-2. We've not tried it with a mixture of Duncan, Hayes, Morris and Besuijen all available, so I don't see it happening with another winger. His go to seems to be a front three, and now that we have a settled defence, his preference seems to be a 3-4-3 as plan B. We've got four strikers, including a misfiring one, to keep happy. I don't see us doing much that rocks that in January and expect a midfielder in the door. Although that could change if he eventually uses the ones we've got properly. 

The biggest thing for me this window is that up until this thread I thought we'd signed Dadia rather than just loaned him. That news is like a new signing in itself.

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

Interesting hearing Robson talk repeatedly post match about 4 games in 9 days. We aren’t rotating the squad for the most part, which in turn tells us how pish our squad is. He referenced devlin, which means we have no alternative right back/wing back, although can’t McDonald come in and slide gartenmann over?
Pretty clear we won’t see or dadia play, that position a priority for January? Same said with shinnie, he’s getting killed. Will we go back to st mirren for baccus? No clue if he’s any good but think he’s out of contract in the summer so a Jan sale may be an option. 
we’re covered for central defenders, Mackenzie Hayes and mcgarry on the left. Provided we keep bojan we’re covered up top. We don’t need wingers based on the way we play, fair to say a right back and one, maybe two central midfielders on the shopping list for January? Then again, Barron’s return to form and polvara doing ok suggests one is enough?

leads me to my initial point though, we are not really squad rotating which suggests Robson doesn’t trust the back ups, what else will we bring in??

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, BigAl said:

Ruby being monitored by Spurs chief scout allegedly, if you believe all you read in the papers 😉

He played well yesterday and it wouldn't actually surprise me. He has the physical attributes of a good defender but is lacking in experience and the confidence on the ball that comes with that. Whilst I don't think he'll ever make it at their level (and maybe not even ours), I could see why a team might take a punt on several defenders in his mould, loan them out and hope that with experience one might make the grade. It wasn't so long ago that Jack Hendry was in a similar situation at the Tim. It's clear to see that Gartenmann is a better defender for example, but he's at his peak both physically and in experience and that's our level. Again, I'm far from convinced that Rubezic will ever fulfill the potential, but there is a hint of potential, which will be enough for the scattergun approach from EPL billionaires.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, OrlandoDon said:

Interesting hearing Robson talk repeatedly post match about 4 games in 9 days. We aren’t rotating the squad for the most part, which in turn tells us how pish our squad is. He referenced devlin, which means we have no alternative right back/wing back, although can’t McDonald come in and slide gartenmann over?
Pretty clear we won’t see or dadia play, that position a priority for January? Same said with shinnie, he’s getting killed. Will we go back to st mirren for baccus? No clue if he’s any good but think he’s out of contract in the summer so a Jan sale may be an option. 
we’re covered for central defenders, Mackenzie Hayes and mcgarry on the left. Provided we keep bojan we’re covered up top. We don’t need wingers based on the way we play, fair to say a right back and one, maybe two central midfielders on the shopping list for January? Then again, Barron’s return to form and polvara doing ok suggests one is enough?

leads me to my initial point though, we are not really squad rotating which suggests Robson doesn’t trust the back ups, what else will we bring in??

Like summer, I really hope we get rid of a few. Besuijen, Dadia and the Liverpool lad need binned. You're right about Devlin, but I think Robson will see Morris as the answer. There are enough games in which we can afford an attacking wing back and give Devlin a rest. I'd like to see another left centre back to push Jensen. I don't think he's that good. I don't think he's that bad either! Baccus is a good shout. Will weaken St Mirren in the race for third! If we can get £250k for Duk, then we should consider cashing in. 

Edited by RicoS321
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, RicoS321 said:

He played well yesterday and it wouldn't actually surprise me. He has the physical attributes of a good defender but is lacking in experience and the confidence on the ball that comes with that. Whilst I don't think he'll ever make it at their level (and maybe not even ours), I could see why a team might take a punt on several defenders in his mould, loan them out and hope that with experience one might make the grade. It wasn't so long ago that Jack Hendry was in a similar situation at the Tim. It's clear to see that Gartenmann is a better defender for example, but he's at his peak both physically and in experience and that's our level. Again, I'm far from convinced that Rubezic will ever fulfill the potential, but there is a hint of potential, which will be enough for the scattergun approach from EPL billionaires.

Ruby came here with a reputation, would not be surprised if one or two are watching his progress. Was apparently a strong young player with a promising future but a significant injury slowed progress. If it comes to it, with the knee injury i’d cash him in, sign gartenmann permanently, and milk Macdonald and Williams until the summer, and build further at that point.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, RicoS321 said:

He played well yesterday and it wouldn't actually surprise me. He has the physical attributes of a good defender but is lacking in experience and the confidence on the ball that comes with that. Whilst I don't think he'll ever make it at their level (and maybe not even ours), I could see why a team might take a punt on several defenders in his mould, loan them out and hope that with experience one might make the grade. It wasn't so long ago that Jack Hendry was in a similar situation at the Tim. It's clear to see that Gartenmann is a better defender for example, but he's at his peak both physically and in experience and that's our level. Again, I'm far from convinced that Rubezic will ever fulfill the potential, but there is a hint of potential, which will be enough for the scattergun approach from EPL billionaires.

I like Ruby. Yes he is prone to the odd brainfart, but he is a wholehearted player snd definitely growing as a player.

Whether he will be capable to go to the next level, I'm not sure but if he does I hope it is after a 100 or so games for us and earns us a hefty fee.

The model of signing Ramadani, Miovski and Ruby from that part of Europe, developing them further and letting them get their move to the next level up from us can hopefully encourage others we scout from there to make the move to Pittodrie.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, RicoS321 said:

Like summer, I really hope we get rid of a few. Besuijen, Dadia and the Liverpool lad need binned. You're right about Devlin, but I think Robson will see Morris as the answer. There are enough games in which we can afford an attacking wing back and give Devlin a rest. I'd like to see another left centre back to push Jensen. I don't think he's that good. I don't think he's that bad either! Baccus is a good shout. Will weaken St Mirren in the race for third! If we can get £250k for Duk, then we should consider cashing in. 

Sakes, I’d forgotten about morris. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, OrlandoDon said:

And remember we have Richardson. I’d take him back as back up to devlin, and would rather see him than morris play.

I would too. Morris is as good as he can get, he'll never reach the dizzying heights of a Matty Kennedy. Richardson is fast and has physical attributes that offer a huge potential for improvement. If he wasn't shite at football, obviously. He suits our setup better too, I'm surprised he wasn't offered the opportunity to be worked on instead of Morris. 

Edit: he's not actually started yet for Stockport! Maybe it's possible that they're both just shite.

Edited by RicoS321
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, RicoS321 said:

I would too. Morris is as good as he can get, he'll never reach the dizzying heights of a Matty Kennedy. Richardson is fast and has physical attributes that offer a huge potential for improvement. If he wasn't shite at football, obviously. He suits our setup better too, I'm surprised he wasn't offered the opportunity to be worked on instead of Morris. 

Edit: he's not actually started yet for Stockport! Maybe it's possible that they're both just shite.

Richardson is perfectly suited to how we are playing this year, and I don’t think he’s as shite as morris. Morris did a good job of again proving this season that he’s shit, Richardson has yet to do so and rather than waste money for a back up why not bring him back? Send morris to Stockport instead??

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Anyone who cannot get a start at Stockport should not be playing for Aberdeen. Richardson like Morris should be nowhere near our first team. Think we need to be looking at getting back up to Devlin in and getting shot of Morris, Richardson and Dadia. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, Jute said:

Anyone who cannot get a start at Stockport should not be playing for Aberdeen. Richardson like Morris should be nowhere near our first team. Think we need to be looking at getting back up to Devlin in and getting shot of Morris, Richardson and Dadia. 

But then, if Rubezic is off to spurs, who would our project be? A manager needs a shite player that they can turn into a slightly less shite player, and then give them a longer contract than they deserve, then the fans begin to feel sorry for him and at the end of the deal a few of them begin to question whether or not we should just give them another year's contract. Surely Richardson or Morris can be good to have about the place?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 18/10/2023 at 10:04, BigAl said:

Could we send Dadia & Williams back to their respective parent clubs and replace them with other loans or if the right caliber of player is available within the budget then perhaps permanent signings.

Are they both genuinely shit or is Robson just not picking them?

We'd be saying MacDonald is a waste too if we hadn't already seen him play last season.

I would say though that we should make another stab for Mattie Pollock. Just three substitute appearances this season for Watford, he was tweeting about Aberdeen the other day when we made the cup final which - as everyone knows - is his way of saying he wants to sign a three-year deal.

Other than that we don't need to sign anyone. Squad is fine as long as no-one gets sold. Robson is learning and improving on the job all the time. Save the transfer cash and put it towards improving the transport options to Kingsford ahead of the new stadium being built.

 

On 05/11/2023 at 14:01, RicoS321 said:

If we can get £250k for Duk, then we should consider cashing in. 

Is the rest of the £25m going to be in add-ons?

On 05/11/2023 at 16:15, RicoS321 said:

Have St Johnstone got any strikers worth taking? They'll all be available in January when Levein joins.

It troubles me that our future manager Andrew Considine is now learning from Craig Levein.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...