Sunday 12 May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Hibernian v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

January 2024 Transfer Window

24 minutes ago, OrlandoDon said:

My regular window post, Mikey Johnson please, the next Niall mcginn. 
would love to see this window used to get us back to 4 at the back and play with two wingers again. Problem is, no clue what we are trying to do. Formation and style of play are shit. Tough to build around absolute bollocks when I don’t buy into the bollocks.

how was baccus yesterday??

Johnson scored (twice maybe?) for the Tims the other week, doubt he'll be leaving them anytime soon, he'll probably get a new contract and be available for loan in a year's time when he's been rotting for six months on their bench. 

Baccus was good yesterday, very efficient and covered a lot of ground. Would be a solid signing. However, Taylor was the absolute standout for them, he was very good and streets ahead of Jensen. 

2 hours ago, BigAl said:

Apparently we looked at him in the summer but went for McGarry instead, so this appears to be old news 

Or have they decided to go back for him as McGarry is not working out?

48 minutes ago, tlg1903 said:

Rhys Williams loan ended confirmed by the club to no shock to anyone.  Hopefully Dadia will be off the books soon too.  

Absolutely no surprise. Don’t think anyone who saw his appearances in Aberdeenshire Cup games said he was anything other than shite. 

6 hours ago, tlg1903 said:

Rhys Williams loan ended confirmed by the club to no shock to anyone.  Hopefully Dadia will be off the books soon too.  

Interestingly they’re both on the January page of the AFC calendar, which would make Angus and Vinny next to leave in February…

• Haha 3

Anyway, not sure what is meant by defensive midfielder these days, and probably not a necessity. I wouldn't have called Ramadani a defensive midfielder, nor would I really describe Shinnie as such. I'm hoping it means someone with the ability to run about a lot and get stuck in, while giving the ball to the good guys as quickly as possible. Whilst I'm keen on another midfielder, there's a large part of me hopes we don't get one so that Robson is forced to continue the setup we had at County. I've a feeling any new midfielder will see us revert to Clarkson deep and the direct approach again. 

I'd like to see several out and maybe only a couple in. I'd be happy enough with McKenzie for the remainder of the season at fullback and Duncan given more minutes in a wide role. Right wing is where we should definitely be strengthening, as Morris is clearly not good enough there. I think that if we keep to a 4-2-3-1, then we're quite well served as a squad otherwise, and perhaps we concentrate on trimming the squad ready for more errors in the summer. Unless, of course, there are some long term targets that we will miss out in if we wait. A pre contract or two wouldn't go amiss either. If Barron leaves, then we either risk Polvara until the end of the season or look elsewhere (Watson at Killie would be fantastic, but he has over two years left).

Also, Jayden Richardson getting plenty of ten minute subs appearances for Stockport, so maybe we should look to bring him home. 

He actually came on up front for the final ten minutes a few weeks back when they beat notts county (they were drawing when he came on), and I have a feeling he could be the next Josh Magennis. Ideal replacement for Miovski in my opinion.

42 minutes ago, RicoS321 said:

Also, Jayden Richardson getting plenty of ten minute subs appearances for Stockport, so maybe we should look to bring him home. 

He actually came on up front for the final ten minutes a few weeks back when they beat notts county (they were drawing when he came on), and I have a feeling he could be the next Josh Magennis. Ideal replacement for Miovski in my opinion.

image.gif.cf53654f7e816d5e17f967decf95825c.gif

• Like 1

Just now, Jute said:

Just seen that mentioned on Twitter by some German journalist. Young Boys allegedly bidding €2.5m. 

Apparently we are holding out for 3 million.

English championship clubs interested as well.

If we sell him, we ain't selling Miovski.

Surely there is no way both of them go in this window ?

15 minutes ago, BigAl said:

Apparently we are holding out for 3 million.

English championship clubs interested as well.

If we sell him, we ain't selling Miovski.

Surely there is no way both of them go in this window ?

Evening Express claiming it’s shite anyway. 

21 minutes ago, Jute said:

Still got Gueye and Sokler. 

I actually like sokler and would like him given a chance until the end of the season if miovski were to be a January departure.

2.5 mil for duk, would totally jump at that. Although, euros or pounds, and what’s the difference?!??

• Like 1