Wednesday 1 May 2024:  kick-off 7.05pm

Scottish Youth Cup Final - Aberdeen v Rangers

Live on the BBC Scotland channel

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

January 2024 Transfer Window

14 minutes ago, Panda said:

Sportsound was actually due to be presented live from Pittodrie...

Likewise, the Rangers game was never going to be on the radio.

Not according to their schedule this morning. I stand corrected though if so.

14 minutes ago, Panda said:

Reprisals from who? Only one half of the Old Firm (deliberate use) recognise it as the Old Firm derby.

You can call it the Old Firm and still believe Rangers are a new club.

Reprisals from the Hun of course. You can call it the old firm and still believe the Huns are a new club, but that's not the same as the BBC, whose remit is accuracy and impartiality. I don't believe you don't know the difference, hence why this is definitely not personal against you, whose position is that of every self respecting dandy. 

Screenshot_20231227-115053.thumb.png.8199954e5d9031dab23ed7fb0da63874.png

Edited by RicoS321

5 minutes ago, RicoS321 said:

Not according to their schedule this morning. I stand corrected though if so.

I don't think they normally advertise where the show will be presented from, but I can assure you the show was to be hosted at Pittodrie

5 minutes ago, RicoS321 said:

Reprisals from the Hun of course. You can call it the old firm and still believe the Huns are a new club, but that's not the same as the BBC, whose remit is accuracy and impartiality. I don't believe you don't know the difference, hence why this is definitely not personal against you, whose position is that of every self respecting dandy. 

Screenshot_20231227-115053.thumb.png.8199954e5d9031dab23ed7fb0da63874.png

That is online only commentary, not on the radio, so I'm still factually correct.

17 minutes ago, BigAl said:

I'll await the examples then 🙄

I don't know what examples you're waiting for.

Your theory is that I'm scared of Rangers, which is ridiculous. Going by that same theory you must be scared of Celtic.

For what it's worth I don't think you're scared of Celtic, I just think you have a really silly theory.

8 minutes ago, Panda said:

I don't think they normally advertise where the show will be presented from, but I can assure you the show was to be hosted at Pittodrie

That is online only commentary, not on the radio, so I'm still factually correct.

My mistake. I misread that. Is it unusual to have commentary online? Is Livingston v St Johnstone online? I thought they'd canned that.

1 minute ago, Panda said:

I don't know what examples you're waiting for.

Your theory is that I'm scared of Rangers, which is ridiculous. Going by that same theory you must be scared of Celtic.

For what it's worth I don't think you're scared of Celtic, I just think you have a really silly theory.

Jesus H Christ.

For the avoidance of any doubt my theory is that you like the bulk of the sports media in Scotland are shit scared of offending either half of what you refer to as The Old Firm or what I call the Erse Cheeks.

It's not difficult FFS.

28 minutes ago, RicoS321 said:

My mistake. I misread that. Is it unusual to have commentary online? Is Livingston v St Johnstone online? I thought they'd canned that.

Yes, most Saturdays we'll have an online commentary. If you go to the live text you'll see our offerings on it.

It's not always football though. This Saturday is the Edinburgh/Glasgow rugby match.

Some questions

Do you believe that The Rangers are the same club ?

If not would you be prepared to say No in an official article with your name against it. If the answer is no but you're not prepared to do so why not ?

Would the organisation that pay your wages be prepared to publish it and if not, why not ?

Do folk like me that pay a licence fee not have the right to  balanced journalism ?

31 minutes ago, BigAl said:

Jesus H Christ.

For the avoidance of any doubt my theory is that you like the bulk of the sports media in Scotland are shit scared of offending either half of what you refer to as The Old Firm or what I call the Erse Cheeks.

It's not difficult FFS.

Yes, I gathered that.

For the avoidance of any doubt, I'm embarrassed for you. Grow up.

2 minutes ago, BigAl said:

Some questions

Do you believe that The Rangers are the same club ?

If not would you be prepared to say No in an official article with your name against it. If the answer is no but you're not prepared to do so why not ?

Would the organisation that pay your wages be prepared to publish it and if not, why not ?

Do folk like me that pay a licence fee not have the right to  balanced journalism ?

I think the both of us should just leave the conversation here.

6 minutes ago, BigAl said:

Happy enough to do so but thought they were pretty relevant questions which would give myself and others a greater understanding of your position on this.

And why do you need to know my position?

I'm here like everyone - a fan simply posting about their club.

You know fine well it's more difficult for me to answer certain questions. Not because I'm scared of the old firm, but because I'd rather avoid being asked to go on another impartiality training course.

1 hour ago, Panda said:

Yes, I gathered that.

For the avoidance of any doubt, I'm embarrassed for you. Grow up.

Missed this little nugget.

Out of curiosity, why would you feel the necessity to be embarrassed by a fellow Aberdeen fan finding it unsavoury that Scotland's media run scared of causing upset to either half of that pair.

Actually don't waste your time even attempting to answer that.

Let's just ignore one another going forward our views are poles apart.

4 hours ago, Panda said:

And why do you need to know my position?

I'm here like everyone - a fan simply posting about their club.

You know fine well it's more difficult for me to answer certain questions. Not because I'm scared of the old firm, but because I'd rather avoid being asked to go on another impartiality training course.

...... why would you posting anonymously on here directly lead to you going on such a course? 

1 hour ago, tlg1903 said:

Which means the BBC know what his user name is and monitor his posts on DT? 

Not necessarily, Huns have spies/grasses everywhere, you can be sure if he said something controversial it would end up on FollowFollow somehow.

True story - around the turn of the millennium someone on here took a dislike to me and posted a link to my Bebo page which contained an image of Neil Simpson winning a 50/50 against Ian Durrant. Along with that they posted my real name, address, phone number. Wasn’t a pleasant time. Anyway, fast forward more than 20 years, halfway across the world, a Hun upon seeing my name identifies me as the Dons fan with the Simmy tackle on the internet.

These “people” are not fucking normal and I wouldn’t give them any opportunity to interfere with my professional life no matter how correct I am. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Slim said:

Not necessarily, Huns have spies/grasses everywhere, you can be sure if he said something controversial it would end up on FollowFollow somehow.

True story - around the turn of the millennium someone on here took a dislike to me and posted a link to my Bebo page which contained an image of Neil Simpson winning a 50/50 against Ian Durrant. Along with that they posted my real name, address, phone number. Wasn’t a pleasant time. Anyway, fast forward more than 20 years, halfway across the world, a Hun upon seeing my name identifies me as the Dons fan with the Simmy tackle on the internet.

These “people” are not fucking normal and I wouldn’t give them any opportunity to interfere with my professional life no matter how correct I am. 

Exactly, well put. I don't think many folk would be advised to directly criticise their workplace on social media or forums of any sort. 

Barry in the press suggesting he expects a quiet transfer window. 

https://news.stv.tv/sport/barry-robson-expecting-quiet-transfer-window-for-aberdeen?fbclid=IwAR3WmszOWfhwAxEZMfuWsP_Ed7Nd6m96VYVYZfAeM1UaEVgEHNMidlCkUDY

Hopping he means that we are not scrambling about looking to sign ten players rather than saying he doesn’t think we need to sign anyone. Still need a replacement for Ramadani and proper back up for Devlin in my opinion.

Bit that concerns me more is him saying that punting the ball into the corners suits Miovski’s style of play. Suggests we are going to continue with the same style going forward. 

3 hours ago, Jute said:

Barry in the press suggesting he expects a quiet transfer window. 

https://news.stv.tv/sport/barry-robson-expecting-quiet-transfer-window-for-aberdeen?fbclid=IwAR3WmszOWfhwAxEZMfuWsP_Ed7Nd6m96VYVYZfAeM1UaEVgEHNMidlCkUDY

Hopping he means that we are not scrambling about looking to sign ten players rather than saying he doesn’t think we need to sign anyone. Still need a replacement for Ramadani and proper back up for Devlin in my opinion.

Bit that concerns me more is him saying that punting the ball into the corners suits Miovski’s style of play. Suggests we are going to continue with the same style going forward. 

It’s a nothing article really. Nobody expects a lot of transfers in the January window. I’d say we’re looking at maybe Williams and or dadia gone and a center mid and winger coming in. Then there’s the chance we sell one and buy one. I don’t think that’s a huge window but I’d say that’s expected.

My regular window post, Mikey Johnson please, the next Niall mcginn. 
would love to see this window used to get us back to 4 at the back and play with two wingers again. Problem is, no clue what we are trying to do. Formation and style of play are shit. Tough to build around absolute bollocks when I don’t buy into the bollocks.

how was baccus yesterday??