Sunday 12 May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Hibernian v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

January 2024 Transfer Window

Hate the silence of the window, desperately keen to see some midfielders join up asap, and get on the training pitch to gel while we take the winter break to get up to speed. Haven’t seen us linked with anyone other than the other day and the Japanese left back. Crickets on baccus, thought there might be something there given he’s out of contract in the summer.

since I’m bored out my mind, curious on people’s thoughts, who will have the largest transfer fee this window? Duk, bojan, McKenna, or Lewis Ferguson??

2 hours ago, tom_widdows said:

Red top claiming Bologna demanding at least £17.4million for Ferguson (£2.6million into Dons coffers if met)

He is having an unreal season so far. Would be delighted for him (and very much us) if he got a move for that.

1 hour ago, manc_don said:

He is having an unreal season so far. Would be delighted for him (and very much us) if he got a move for that.

For sure, loads of positive reports, playing well, scoring goals, and captained the side. Plus had public praise from the manager who is keen to keep him. He seems to be seen as an all around midfielder, plus the praise for his leadership, fearlessness, and calm under pressure. Would love to see him at juve of the likes, or in the premiership. He’s a step above our league now for sure, not sure of his $$ value?!?? Given the players that move for a ton of money, 20 mill seems real value.

4 hours ago, Jute said:

Dylan Lobban recalled from Formartine and sent to Forfar on loan. Assuming they are moving him up a level as progressing well. 

Fun fact, his mum was my next door neighbour when we were kids.

I never played football with his mum though so probably can't take all the credit for his rise to fame.

19 minutes ago, wokinginashearerwonderland said:

Has to be said, there is much more love for Ferguson now that he is playing in Italy than there ever was when he was actually our player. 🤔

Know huns who still blindly say that he was never good enough for them and glad they didn't try to sign him when he was set to leave us.

Don't know which is the worse trait, blind faith or utter stupidity.

All just because he didn't crawl over the broken glass they would have liked him to do to return to the Tribute Act.

I always liked Ferguson from the day he first pulled on our shirt. A shining example of how to apply yourself as a youngster in this game and delighted to see him prospering the way he is.

He is extremely unlucky for the national team and at pretty much any other place in time would have 40 odd caps under his belt. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BigAl said:

Know huns who still blindly say that he was never good enough for them and glad they didn't try to sign him when he was set to leave us.

Don't know which is the worse trait, blind faith or utter stupidity.

All just because he didn't crawl over the broken glass they would have liked him to do to return to the Tribute Act.

I always liked Ferguson from the day he first pulled on our shirt. A shining example of how to apply yourself as a youngster in this game and delighted to see him prospering the way he is.

He is extremely unlucky for the national team and at pretty much any other place in time would have 40 odd caps under his belt. 

Aye liked him straight away then  the overhead kick against Burnley made me love him. 

Really hope he doesn't go to fucking Juve though. Aside from personal distaste due to my Italian club leanings they are not much fun to watch.  I would much rather he went to Milan whom are also apparently interested, they are loads of fun to watch. 

Edited by tlg1903
  • Like 2

Consensus seems to be that Barron has been stalling over wages,thought to be around £1900/week,...hard to know if he actually wants to be here, given his game time. Club could argue hes only played X amount of games. Be good to know what's actually been going on

Not a lot rumour wise, hopefully a deadline day sensation 

13 hours ago, manc_don said:

Are the club on holiday? I know they were saying they predicted a quiet window, but thought we'd hear / see some movement by now?

In talks to make Gartenmann a permanent deal allegedly 

He's definitely the best of the three defenders we've bought. He's had a poor run along with the rest of the team, but seemed to be more himself in the last game. He's very good in one-on-one situations and reads the game well, as well as being reasonably aggressive. At 26, he's approaching peak age for a defender, so having him around for another few years would be a perfect stabilising influence. Could even be a future captain perhaps. Have we had a foreign speaking captain before? Snelders or Kjaer, were they captains? I'm thinking actual captains, rather than someone who might have just taken the armband for a game or two.

17 minutes ago, wokinginashearerwonderland said:

Toni Coom By Yah 🙈

I had thought of him, but for some reason I thought Shingles was captain at that point.

Edit: and Whyte? Surely one of those two were ahead of Cuntbarry?

Edited by RicoS321

9 hours ago, RicoS321 said:

He's definitely the best of the three defenders we've bought. He's had a poor run along with the rest of the team, but seemed to be more himself in the last game. He's very good in one-on-one situations and reads the game well, as well as being reasonably aggressive. At 26, he's approaching peak age for a defender, so having him around for another few years would be a perfect stabilising influence. Could even be a future captain perhaps. Have we had a foreign speaking captain before? Snelders or Kjaer, were they captains? I'm thinking actual captains, rather than someone who might have just taken the armband for a game or two.

A lot of praise there for someone who doesn't bother their arse tracking their marker.

Hard for me to say much about gartenmann as I don’t see us much these days, but I haven’t been overly impressed when I’ve seen us play. Devlin has been the pick of the defenders but given how poor we’ve been as a team, losing goals and losing games, hard to overly praise. I’ll only start to get somewhat excited if we sign midfielders!

5 hours ago, RicoS321 said:

You're not supposed to track your marker, they're supposed to track you.

Semantics darling. My point still stands.

You can't say he has great awareness when he clearly lacks it, is too lazy / lacks the desire to track back, and is part of a defence where only two Premiership teams have conceded more league goals this season.

Jury still out on him I'd say.

• Like 1