Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Scotland squad

42 minutes ago, BigAl said:

We'll agree to disagree Tup

I've been consistent on my views about him.

He's done his time. It seemed to be an isolated incident. I don't know the facts, but I don't necessarily think that not showing remorse is a sign of a bad person in anyway. For example, if I punched Rolf Harris, I probably wouldn't be that remorseful, but I would understand why it would be assault and expect to be punished for that. Out of interest, we're a club that gave a home to Goodwillie who didn't serve time for the acts described in his civil case. Were you okay with that at the time?

21 minutes ago, RicoS321 said:

He's done his time. It seemed to be an isolated incident. I don't know the facts, but I don't necessarily think that not showing remorse is a sign of a bad person in anyway. For example, if I punched Rolf Harris, I probably wouldn't be that remorseful, but I would understand why it would be assault and expect to be punished for that. Out of interest, we're a club that gave a home to Goodwillie who didn't serve time for the acts described in his civil case. Were you okay with that at the time?

No

And the comparison to Rolf Harris (hardly an innocent man) is irrelevant in this case.

Cowardly attack by Gallacher and his mate on a man numerous years their senior

I stick by, the no thanks to him being anywhere near Pittodrie as is my right to hold that opinion.

1 hour ago, BigAl said:

No

And the comparison to Rolf Harris (hardly an innocent man) is irrelevant in this case.

Cowardly attack by Gallacher and his mate on a man numerous years their senior

I stick by, the no thanks to him being anywhere near Pittodrie as is my right to hold that opinion.

Yes it is your right. I'm not questioning your right, just asking for explanation of your position.

There was no comparison to Rolf Harris, that was an example for illustration of the point, not a comparison. There was no conflation either, just to clarify. Although comparison is not the same as conflation either, which seems to be missed in modern day debate. I'll use another example if it helps: if I were to have punched Tony Blair, I probably wouldn't be that remorseful, but would understand....etc. 

The point is that you stated that Gallagher was not remorseful, and I'm interested to know how you know that to be the case, and why you think that is? From the pish in the press at the time, the judge said that he believeed it was out of character for Gallagher, which suggests that Gallagher would likely be quite remorseful if it was yer everyday drunken scrap that got out of hand and he lost it, or he was young/stupid/naive or whatever. The fact that you state that he isn't remorseful means that he thinks the guy did something fairly substantial to have merited it (rightly or wrongly) and that he'd do the same thing again. As I say, I can't really see enough in the newspaper reports to guage it, but you seem to have a fairly good grasp of it, which is why I'm curious (I'm definitely not doubting you). The remorse thing is fairly key, you're right, it says a lot about the guy. That's why I asked your thoughts on Goodwillie. I could think of reasons why Gallagher might have done what he did (although I wouldn't, obviously), but none that mitigate Goodwillie's actions as laid out in the civil case. 

I certainly widnae be paying £500K for a 30 year old though Tup.

I have to say I know it wasn't the best to watch last night but the big positive for me performance wise was I thought we looked like a Steve Clarke side for the first time last night.  Not a Steve Clarke side playing particularly well right enough but a Steve Clarke side nonetheless.  Some of the hyperbole that has followed is ridiculous, we got through and bar one chance in extra time didn't give them a sniff. From where we have come from and especially given it was a virgin defence I will take that all day long.  

1 hour ago, RicoS321 said:

Yes it is your right. I'm not questioning your right, just asking for explanation of your position.

There was no comparison to Rolf Harris, that was an example for illustration of the point, not a comparison. There was no conflation either, just to clarify. Although comparison is not the same as conflation either, which seems to be missed in modern day debate. I'll use another example if it helps: if I were to have punched Tony Blair, I probably wouldn't be that remorseful, but would understand....etc. 

The point is that you stated that Gallagher was not remorseful, and I'm interested to know how you know that to be the case, and why you think that is? From the pish in the press at the time, the judge said that he believeed it was out of character for Gallagher, which suggests that Gallagher would likely be quite remorseful if it was yer everyday drunken scrap that got out of hand and he lost it, or he was young/stupid/naive or whatever. The fact that you state that he isn't remorseful means that he thinks the guy did something fairly substantial to have merited it (rightly or wrongly) and that he'd do the same thing again. As I say, I can't really see enough in the newspaper reports to guage it, but you seem to have a fairly good grasp of it, which is why I'm curious (I'm definitely not doubting you). The remorse thing is fairly key, you're right, it says a lot about the guy. That's why I asked your thoughts on Goodwillie. I could think of reasons why Gallagher might have done what he did (although I wouldn't, obviously), but none that mitigate Goodwillie's actions as laid out in the civil case. 

I certainly widnae be paying £500K for a 30 year old though Tup.

Rico, I'm going to let it drop.

I have business connections close to this and feel it inappropriate to say any more.

I'll never be a fan.

• Like 1

2-0 win. Win game next game away to San Marino we will go top of group. Hornby deserved MOTM but he was run close by Ferguson and McCrorie who were both excellent. Also impressed by Tom McIntyre and Lewis Mayo at the back. Much more enjoyable watch than last night.