Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Scotland squad

Pretty much the expected and I'm good with that for continuity, Jack for the injured Fleck and Taylor for the suspended Robertson. Bias obviously, but would have rather seen McCrorie instead of Jack but I guess the head goes with experience. And why is big Andy not captain since Robertson is suspended!!??

2 minutes ago, tup1 said:

Clarke has sorted out defending as a unit. We look like we can soak up pressure from good sides quite comfortably. Previously we would crumble as soon as the pressure was applied.

I'll comment on that at the end of the game! Think HT came at a good time, while we have had a couple of chances we're given them too much possession and I feel a czech goal was/is coming. Not overly impressed with our three in midfield, don't think the smallish Jack, McGinn, and McGregor are mobile or strong enough, plus getting bullied. I seriously think McCrorie would help with his physicality and size.

Let’s not kid ourselves, we could easily have lost 3 or 4-1 tonight and I don’t think that would have been unfair. It was backs against the wall for more or less the entire second half, and we even sat back in the first half. Talk about DM game management, it was a tough watch. They missed a bunch of good chances including two I consider sitters!

Still, great win and 6 out of 8. And a shutout. Think Gallagher and Considine have played their way into future squadS and no reason why big Andy can’t compete with McKenna for the left central spot.

The biggest compliment I can pay Clarke is that his team looks very much like Craig Brown's Scotland team. Very hard to beat.

McTominay at centre back and Fraser as a forward are good tactical decisions.

We don't even slightly miss Robertson. Or the tosser Tierney.

Two of the back five tonight play for Motherwell, one for Aberdeen. No way would previous managers have selected these players. They'd have gone for Glasgow based players who were half committed at best.

Played well tonight but rode our luck at times. Czechs should have scored and Dykes could have got a red for standing on player when he got booked. Thought Considine was brilliant again. As Gallagher said post match you would have thought it was his 50th cap not his second. McGinn and Fraser were top players for us with the rat cunt also playing well. 

50 minutes ago, tup1 said:

The biggest compliment I can pay Clarke is that his team looks very much like Craig Brown's Scotland team. Very hard to beat.

McTominay at centre back and Fraser as a forward are good tactical decisions.

We don't even slightly miss Robertson. Or the tosser Tierney.

Two of the back five tonight play for Motherwell, one for Aberdeen. No way would previous managers have selected these players. They'd have gone for Glasgow based players who were half committed at best.

A good summation, totally agree. Especially the last bit. Since Strachan left, there seems to be a concerted effort to get Scottish based players involved. I wonder if they recognise that folk were losing interest in the Scottish granny championship no marks were getting a bit tiring. Good to see. The nation's league actually seems to have helped us in that regard. Also, it's good to see at least one or two stepping up directly from the u21s. It's never really been a route to the first team in the past.

• Like 1