Wednesday 1 May 2024:  kick-off 7.05pm

Scottish Youth Cup Final - Aberdeen v Rangers

Live on the BBC Scotland channel

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Scotland squad

I'm bemused why Clarke chose McBurnie. 
I think the Thumb would have forced the serbs to leave a defender back at all times and would have run his guts out for the last 5mins.
McBurnies first action was to shove one of their players to delay a free kick he had given away and he can't seem to control the ball in the middle of the park.

Ya fucking dancer. Saw the first 90, didn't see extra time but caught the penalties, that's fucking stones to go 5/5 after being agonizing close to then lose a goal. And 10/10 in penalties is quality preparation and confidence in players.

Thought McTominay was excellent, Dykes, McGregor and Christie quality too.

Aye, some boys like, a deserved win. Should have had it in the 90 but the subs were pish (although they replaced players that were knackered). McTominay switched off at that corner, but the defence was solid all night. Gallagher especially. O'Donnell, McGregor had fantastic games and Christie did what he does after being anonymous. Dykes man of the match probably.... if you don't include extra time and penalties, which Marshall wins hands down (or up?). Fantastic save, and I was bricking it when he was asking the ref if it stood.

After a ropey start, Clarke has done a phenomenal job. To get that team of stunted, under-developed, evolutionary challenged players that were too small to make it to a tournament, to a tournament is just amazing. He must have introduced some sort of steroid, because we as a nation don't have the stature of a Serbia or Slovenia.

Managed to watch the first half live, but only managed to catch the highlights now. Superb. Fucking, superb!  Have to say when I saw Jack / McGregor together I thought, FFS. Still, if someone could arrange for Jack's leg to be broken ahead of our game next weekend, that would be grand ?

There's no way that pair of bitter arseholes Strachan and McGhee would have picked a team like that.

We would have had reserves from the likes of Brighton and Sheffield Wednesday in the team, that nobody's ever heard of, and got beat, and then some woeful excuse about genetics would have been trotted out.

Well done Steve Clarke. The two best players in the team both played for Livingston recently.

Think my feelings on Gallacher (as a person not player) have been well documented on here, but credit where credit is due he was a colossus in the centre of defence last night and completely justified his selection.

Thought McKenna would have come back in given the Steven Reid connection and the rave reviews he has been getting at Forest

The way we pressed the game last night was fantastic to watch.

You could tell Serbia were used to having time on the ball at the back. When they didn't get that, they were lost. We should have won by a few clear goals in terms of the balance of play.

But that approach leads to serious fatigue, hence the raft of subs at the end. We were lucky to survive extra time. My nerves were shredded for the shootout.

3 hours ago, BigAl said:

Think my feelings on Gallacher (as a person not player) have been well documented on here, but credit where credit is due he was a colossus in the centre of defence last night and completely justified his selection.

Thought McKenna would have come back in given the Steven Reid connection and the rave reviews he has been getting at Forest

I notice Gallagher has just challenged Tony Bellew to a fight ?