Author Topic: Summer Transfer chat  (Read 61494 times)

Offline BigAl

• SAGA Subscriber
  • Administrator
  • Rating: 194
Re: Summer Transfer chat
« Reply #320 on: June 12, 2018, 08:50:20 AM »
Dons offering player plus cash for Naismith........bye bye Tansey then

Exactly what I was about to post TC :thumbsup:
Steve warm his seat up

Offline wee toon red

• First Team
  • Rating: 19
« Reply #321 on: June 12, 2018, 10:20:36 PM »
Naismith signed for Peterborough tonight.
Can you blame the man for going out of his mind temporarily?

Offline SeeBass

• First Team Regular
  • Rating: 311
« Reply #322 on: June 12, 2018, 10:37:14 PM »
I see we're after another Irishman called Stephen Gleeson.  Maybe we can do a Dundalk and actually make Europa League Group Stage if he, Forrester and any other player with green blood wanna join said renaissance!!   

Offline Ramperbamper

• Bench Warmer
  • Rating: 1
« Reply #323 on: June 12, 2018, 11:09:30 PM »
Looks like he’s maybe the bit of muscle we’ve been missing in the middle of the park since Robson retired.

Expecting the usual “uninspiring signing” moans on Twitter, but last season we tried “inspiring” signings (big names) and they were often all mouth and no trousers when it came to it - so I’ll take relatively understated signings like this any day over a name.

Offline LA-Don

• First Team Regular
  • Rating: 21
« Reply #324 on: June 13, 2018, 12:48:42 AM »
Anyone find out anything about Gleeson? What type of central midfielder??

Offline KennyFuckinPowers

• First Team Regular
  • Rating: 8
« Reply #325 on: June 13, 2018, 02:13:02 AM »
Has played just under 290 times for MK Dons & Birmingham in the last 9 years, scoring 22 goals. Has 4 senior ROI Caps with 1 goal.

Can honestly say I have never seen him play, but that's decent game time at 2 reasonably decent sides. If he comes, as with Forrester, he will get my backing.
Fuck the Tories

Offline RicoS321

• Midfield Maestro
  • Rating: 65
« Reply #326 on: June 13, 2018, 08:25:55 AM »
Naismith signed for Peterborough tonight.

I wonder if they'll consider a swap deal for Forrester?

Offline baggy89

• Captain
  • Rating: 41
  • God forgives, I don't.
« Reply #327 on: June 13, 2018, 09:25:09 AM »
I see we're after another Irishman called Stephen Gleeson.  Maybe we can do a Dundalk and actually make Europa League Group Stage if he, Forrester and any other player with green blood wanna join said renaissance!!   

I liked him as Ken in, In Brugge and The Monk in Gangs of New York.

Offline Ten Caat

• Star Striker
  • Rating: 36
« Reply #328 on: June 13, 2018, 09:33:39 AM »
4 full ROI caps isn't really an "uninspiring" signing and as said before he has played at a decent level so this one I am fully behind and hope we get him in asap

Offline ayrshire_don74

• First Team Regular
  • Rating: -90
« Reply #329 on: June 13, 2018, 10:14:44 AM »
sounds like a sitting midfielder, a proper one, and has a bit if bite, given his c.v he is a level above greg tansey
MR GRUMPY IS HERE

Offline donsdaft

• Midfield Maestro
  • Rating: -56
« Reply #330 on: June 13, 2018, 12:30:34 PM »
I'm a level above Greig Tansey

Mind you I'd rather have Greig Tansey than Dominic Ball

Offline LA-Don

• First Team Regular
  • Rating: 21
« Reply #331 on: June 13, 2018, 04:00:34 PM »
I'm a level above Greig Tansey

Mind you I'd rather have Greig Tansey than Dominic Ball

I’d take Johnny Ball over either.

Offline KennyFuckinPowers

• First Team Regular
  • Rating: 8
« Reply #332 on: June 14, 2018, 03:30:36 PM »
Danny Philliskirk won't be joining, couldn't convince his wife to relocate apparently. Also, notice it's went abruptly quiet on Gleeson? Seemed like it was imminent, nothing mentioned since.

Still plenty of time of course, and a better route to go down than Tansey's etc.. Hope we can get that one over the line.

Also, can anyone tell me regarding Lewis Ferguson & the compensation issue, is the player 100% ours now, even though nothing has been resolved regarding compensation, can he still technically go back to Hamilton as was before our pre-contract?
Fuck the Tories

Offline A llad insane

• First Team
  • Rating: 13
« Reply #333 on: June 14, 2018, 07:05:33 PM »
Thats O' Connor moved to Bradford on a 3 year deal, very average player who will easily be replaced, :wave: bye now.

Offline BobbyBiscuit

• Manager
  • Rating: 53
« Reply #334 on: June 14, 2018, 10:48:20 PM »
Danny Philliskirk won't be joining, couldn't convince his wife to relocate apparently. Also, notice it's went abruptly quiet on Gleeson? Seemed like it was imminent, nothing mentioned since.

Still plenty of time of course, and a better route to go down than Tansey's etc.. Hope we can get that one over the line.

Also, can anyone tell me regarding Lewis Ferguson & the compensation issue, is the player 100% ours now, even though nothing has been resolved regarding compensation, can he still technically go back to Hamilton as was before our pre-contract?

He's ours. He was out of contract with Hamilton this summer.  The compensation isn't because he was under contract but because of the development fee they are due.
It's not about escaping. It's about getting out with a bit of dignity.
If you're in it, don't fucking moan about it, make it yours and leave a mark

Offline Lencarl

• First Team Regular
  • Rating: 6
« Reply #335 on: June 15, 2018, 07:18:12 AM »
Dundee United planning ambitious move for out-of-favour Aberdeen star Adam Rooney this summer

Boss Csaba Laszlo is on the hunt for a target man and sees Irishman Rooney, 30, as ideal for that role.
Any move may hinge on the hitman’s willingness to drop a division, even if Dons boss Derek McInnes agrees to let him leave Pittodrie.

I can see Rooney leaving but not sure it will be to Dundee United.
NEVER plan ahead.

Offline Ten Caat

• Star Striker
« Reply #336 on: June 15, 2018, 11:13:04 AM »
Can't really see him getting much better than Yinited, he could probably go to a Motherwell or even just up the road from Tannadump but the caravan dwellers are spending (relatively) big in what looks like an all out gamble to get back up this coming season and on paper certainly seem no worse than those sides mentioned. If he can agree a contract with them I'd hope he is allowed to leave for free as thanks for his service.

Would be epically funny if the gamble failed though  :rofl:

Offline TheDeeDon

• First Team Regular
  • Rating: 19
« Reply #337 on: June 15, 2018, 12:43:45 PM »
Can't really see him getting much better than Yinited, he could probably go to a Motherwell or even just up the road from Tannadump but the caravan dwellers are spending (relatively) big in what looks like an all out gamble to get back up this coming season and on paper certainly seem no worse than those sides mentioned. If he can agree a contract with them I'd hope he is allowed to leave for free as thanks for his service.

Rooney has been one of my favourite players over the past few years and not his fault our manager cannot use him properly. I wouldn't like to see him move to that bunch of clowns though, he deserves better than a mickey mouse club like Utd

Offline Jute

• Club Legend
  • Rating: 20
« Reply #338 on: June 15, 2018, 01:33:42 PM »

Cannot agree with you there. Rooney would improve striking options at all the top flight clubs except Celtic. Get the ball to him in the box and he will score goals. As DeeDon says not his fault our manager does not play the tactics that suit his strengths.

Offline Ten Caat

• Star Striker
« Reply #339 on: June 15, 2018, 01:41:59 PM »
So the obvious solution is to sign a striker whose attributes do suit McInnes' tactics rather than try to fit a square peg into a round hole. Agree it isn't Rooney's fault but having him on the left wing last season was like playing with a man down.