Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Summer Transfer chat

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ball was really good when he stuck to defending. His post split performances leave me feeling that he'd be a decent addition to the squad on a permanent basis. I wouldn't be promising him a starting berth though. If he wants that he'll have to fuck off.

Fit aboot this Ferguson from Hamilton? I'd never heard of him until he signed a pre-contract with us. Is he meant to be one for the future, an option for the bench or a first team starter? (He'll be starting as it stands since 90% of our team seems to be leaving!)

Those who have seen Ferguson....and I have to admit I haven't paid ant attention to Hamilton......reckon he is similar in style to McLean. Personally I'd be amazed if he is anything other than a regular sub next season and gets less than 5 starts

One striker, Two midfielders and one wide player. Get those positions sorted first. Then, if time and budget allows, look at getting another midfielder and a right back. We need to focus on our key positions and really go all out to make zero mistakes in those signings. That'll still leave us light in areas, but our first 11 needs to be better than this season and that'll take some doing given McLean's departure and the Christie of early season form. Casting the net wide and picking up a large quantity of pish like we did last summer isn't acceptable. If we can keep Ball to save us a bit of additional effort in the window, then fine. He can certainly be called upon when needed in midfield. We really need a couple of youngsters making the step up too, hopefully Campbell can do that and maybe Ross will return an improved player. Wright could probably leave or go on loan with our best wishes.

If Shinnie is earmarked for midfield then we need a pacy, overlapping left back to come in. We miss the threat from the full back area when Shinnie isn't there - although yesterday's exception was rather nice and welcome.

Considine can then go into central defence once McKenna leaves...  ;)

I think that Ryan Christie will be an Aberdeen player next season. I know D.M has said no chance but Celtic may have a change of heart. I am sure Christie agreed terms with Aberdeen last season but was scuppered by Celtic.

You have seen it here first.  :wave:

Given the fact they paid a decent fee for him and it is us, I very much doubt they would let him come to us without demanding a fair wedge for him, so that alone probably means it won't happen.

I think the Huns may be glad just to get them off the books. They signed a pile of shit earring a ton last summer, maybe a GMS type fee just to get him off their books?

https://www.afc.co.uk/2018/05/14/player-update/

Aberdeen can confirm Nicky Maynard, Kari Arnason, and Daniel Harvie have all left the club.

The loan players – Greg Stewart (Birmingham), Ryan Christie (Celtic), Dominic Ball (Rotherham United), Chidiebere Nwakali (Manchester City), Freddie Woodman (Newcastle United) and Kenny McLean (Norwich City) have all returned to their parent clubs.

Manager Derek McInnes commented, “I’d like to thank all the players, including those who were on loan, for their contribution during their time here. We wish them all the very best for the future.”

Meanwhile talks are continuing with defender Anthony O’Connor and goalkeeper Danny Rogers has agreed a new two year deal. Derek added, “I’m delighted that Danny sees his future development at Aberdeen and he’s very much part of my future plans.”

Surprised Danny Rogers signed a new deal. Still, that’s the back up keeper sorted. Now I realize why we weren’t giving Harvie time at left back. OConnor can go, you can count his good games on one hand, maybe one finger??

Given the scale of the overhaul required, I think we need to prioritise first choice centre midfield players.

Lewis

Logan Devlin McKenna Consi

Shinnie New

McGinn New GMS

May/Rooney/Cosgrove

Isn’t a bad lineup as long as the two news are of the requisite standard. Beyond that, a first choice mobile striker and a couple of full backs would be nice.

After his comments post-semi, does anyone else think we’ll be using the budget available to prioritise quality players rather than filling the squad this time? I’d take two high quality midfielders using up any available budget, with our current squad men and youngsters as back-up.

I find it bizarre Rodgers signed on again, back up to a keeper who, if Joe gets injured again, will find himself still back up to whatever loan keeper we sign to replace Joe short term.

Can only imagine he has signed a deal that is cheap as chips

???  That was straight out of left field? Why bother signing for us?

AOC certainly played himself into a better deal over the past few weeks. If that was the type of player we'd see on a regular basis, I'd have no qualms about it.  Huge if though.

I anticipate we will be subjected to a few transfer offers ourselves, I think someone will test our resolve for both Scott McKenna & Joe Lewis.

Middlesbrough showing strong interest in McKenna allegedly & I think a good Championship club will come in for Lewis.

Still adamant we should play Shinnie LB & that sorts our entire defence out!

Logan

Devlin

McKenna

Shinnie

There is absolutely nothing wrong with this. Try get Mulumbu from Killie, McGeough from Hibs & have Tansey ( I know ) as back up.

Those two ( Mulumbu & McGeough ) would be good improvements & not outwith our wage budget.

Lewis

Logan

Devlin

McKenna

Shinnie

McGeough

Mulumbu

McGinn

New Addition

GMS

New Addition/Cosgrove/May ( I think Rooney will be looking for a move )

Given the scale of the overhaul required, I think we need to prioritise first choice centre midfield players.

Lewis

Logan Devlin McKenna Consi

Shinnie New

McGinn New GMS

May/Rooney/Cosgrove

Isn’t a bad lineup as long as the two news are of the requisite standard. Beyond that, a first choice mobile striker and a couple of full backs would be nice.

After his comments post-semi, does anyone else think we’ll be using the budget available to prioritise quality players rather than filling the squad this time? I’d take two high quality midfielders using up any available budget, with our current squad men and youngsters as back-up.

Considine’s weaknesses have been highlighted and exploited many a time over the last couple of years. A hat trick against Dundee blinded many last year and a goal against Celtic doesn’t change the fact. Shinnie is more effective in midfield and it will be much harder to replace Shinnie in midfield than replace considine.

Devlin and Ferguson are potentially very good signings and hopefully point towards a summer transfer window which is based upon a bit more than signing some big names.

Replacing McLean will be very, very difficult - if he was still a young lad at St Mirren and we were trying to sign him now, we'd be competing with the Huns, Hibs, Hearts and possibly even the Tims for his signature. I hope people are realistic and understand that we can't just pluck a ready made Scotland international from nowhere, as McInnes has eluded to already.

Would love Allan (if anything else it would piss off the huns) but I can't see it.  Mcgeoch is heading south apparently and why would he leave hibs for Aberdeen? we don't even have a training ground. 

Ferguson is an unknown quality, comes from a good background though. He's 6'1 which pleases me, I think one of the reasons ball has done well in midfield is that he has a bit of physicality.  Fwiw I would try and keep Ball too, he's a versatile team player and worth keeping if he's not wanting the earth wages wise.  He has a year left on his deal at Rotherham but I think they got him on a free so might be prepared to release him to get him off the wage bill. 

One player I would DEFO go for is Alex Shalk of county.  I really like him as a player, reminds me a little of Scott McDonald actually, and his contract is up.  I think he would be a great addition to the front line and is a completely different option to anything we have. 

A new lb is clearly needed but I actually can't remember when that wasn't the case. 

Shocked Rogers has signed a new deal. I would have been raging at getting treated the way he was when Woodbine was brought in, but it least it solves the problem of a back up goalie.

I would love to know how much it cost us for Arnason over the time he has been here. Whatever it is it was a waste of money, something we cannot keep on doing.

I hope we are not trying to keep O'Connor based on the past few games. I think he came out and stated he wanted to leave and would be better for us and him if we parted ways.