Author Topic: Well vs Dons - Sat  (Read 4195 times)

Offline RicoS321

• Captain
  • Rating: 75
Re: Well vs Dons - Sat
« Reply #60 on: October 21, 2019, 01:29:34 PM »
Dunno tyrant, I think he looks pretty composed.  I like him.

Agreed. Watched him in the Scotland u19s against Germany and he was excellent. One of the best players on the park. Those were the best in his age-group. Gives you a sense of his abilities in a fairer setting. Modern fitba seems to be going the way of rugger in that you have to be hyper-fit and athletic to play in any top division. There were a handful of u19 ruggers in this world cup and they were specimens beyond their years. Campbell has all the atrributes but the physical presence. Reminds me of a younger Ryan Jack, and I think he'll go all the way if his physical development continues. He's getting a lot of game time at present and I'm not sure if it'd be better to have him out on loan as I don't think he's ready for SPL yet. Got exactly the amount of pitch time you'd expect McInnes to be giving youngsters like him at the weekend and I'd like to see that continue until January then reassess.

Offline Ten Caat

• Midfield Maestro
  • Rating: 33
« Reply #61 on: October 21, 2019, 02:06:55 PM »
Campbell is a strange one. I honestly think he is too good to be sent out on loan to the Championship (well maybe to United but doubtful they'd want him) so if here were to be sent out anywhere, to learn anything it would need to be an SPL club. St Johnstone would probably be ideal but they are already starting to get isolated at the bottom of the league and probably feel if they need reinforcements then it would be experienced players required to help get them out of their predicament.

Not sure why he comes across as being a bit weak physically. He's 6ft and he most certainly isn't built slightly. I think his problem might be all in his own head.....not sure he is convinced he feels he should be on the same park as certain players yet.....although he as excellent in the away cup replay against sevco last season. Ojo being out for a while should have meant he gets plenty of game time but obviously Mcinnes has spotted he isn't really doing it at present, hence Vyner and Leigh starting at the weekend in his natural position. It worked well but I hope it doesn't become a regular occurrence as it is bound to dent the loon's confidence. A few weeks of coming off the bench, hopefully in sides that are winning might do him good. I remain convinced he will be a first pick in 12 -18 months and might make us a bit of cash somewhere down the line.

Offline A llad insane

• First Team Regular
  • Rating: 10
« Reply #62 on: October 21, 2019, 06:29:47 PM »
Dunno tyrant, I think he looks pretty composed.  I like him.

If a bit lightweight.

Offline KennyFuckinPowers

• Star Striker
  • Rating: 13
  • 2 Kinds of trouble in this world, living, dying.
« Reply #63 on: October 22, 2019, 03:55:17 PM »
Campbell, as well as Ferguson, will only get better learning from the experienced players, the likes of Gleeson & Bryson, even Barry Robson, and the Manager himself? I put a question mark there as I don't really have any memory of McInnes as a player, I just know he was a Central Midfielder and he was a Captain at a few clubs.

Campbell is a good height, probably could do with a bit more in terms of build, but he does the basics well enough and that's a good start, he keeps it very simple. He will be fine as the years progress. But for the time being, I'd have Bryson, Ferguson, Gleeson, even Vyner, ahead of him in the middle of the park. I echo LA-DON's sentiments though, regarding Leigh at LB, I think that's important.
It's a math class, the whole deal. Just like every math class, there's a clown in the front, and everybody hates this clown because he raises his hand, he's answering all the questions. What do we do? Move on. Just fucking move on, ready or not. He's deciding we got to move on, he knows his math, I hadn't even figured out about Santa Claus yet.